“Excellent honeymoon”

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Boston, United Kingdom
“Excellent honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

We stayed at bluebay on 4th Aug for 2 weeks. What a fantastic place and crew they make you feel so welcome. When we arrived we was welcomed with a cold flannel and glass of iced tea with was nice then we were given our map of hotel and keycard and off to the rooms we went we stayed in block 4 our suitcases arrived about 10 mins later.
Rooms are basic but what else do you need apart from a bed and a shower we had 2 double beds a walk in wardrobe. Bathroom was nice and spacous with a walk in shower and the hairdryer was really powerfull. They come twice a day to change towels and do a turn down service.
Food was excellent good choice from buffet all 3 al a carte were good my favourite was the steak.
Beach was nice and tidy didn't go on there much we stayed by pool which was were all the entertainment was which was brill 5 stars have to go the the animation crew teddy, super tino, angie, Rambo, James bond, carina they are there all day and do a great job I wanted to take teddy home. At night after show has finished they sometimes take you to a club called coco bongos we went there once it was great one tip before you go stock up on drink before you go cause drinks are quite expensive.
I could go on and on about how good this place is I want to go back they made our honeymoon everything we could ask for.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ParisPlayboy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

First, I am Dominican and i've been to many resorts all over the DR. THE FOOD WAS excellent. LOVED IT!!! The staff treats you like a celebrity and makes sure that you are being taken care off while other 5 star resorts don't even do this. For those who complained/hated this resort, Cheer up your lives, pay more for a 5 star resort and if you can't afford it , close your lips and conform ;). The rooms were perfect and i had the cheapest room "standard" in block 8 ...i recommend block 8.. it is one of the quiest and i loved it. There is a club near by but I had more fun at the resort with our crew!!! we made friends there and they were the BEST!!!!.... TIP TIP TIPPPPPPPP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously i noticed how so many ppl didn't even tip at the A LA CARTE restaurants or bars .. it is all inclusive but if you are being treated like royalty by ppl you know are poor , does it hurt to leave them at least few bucks? tip everybody and u'll see how be treated like a king/queen :P..I gave the guys at the a la carte restaurants 20 bucks for tip and that's nothing for what they deserved.........I HIGHLY recommend this place plus the price was unbelievable $755 US dollars for 7 days which was great....

SPIRO you made our trip fun fun fun ;) thanks!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Yariselle
BLACKPOOL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

After reading reviews on the hotel for a good 6 months before we went I felt like I already knew the place, and maybe my expectations were a little high. The reception is lovely and the staff very helpful. Our room was ok, we were in a good spot though block 7. The grounds were beautiful and kept very tidy.
The beach was ok, didn't sunbathe there as you got pestered to much.
The food was good, i didn't think the steakhouse was as good as some people think it is, but thats just personal choice. However the Oriental was fab. There was always something for you to eat at the buffet even if your a fussy eater.
Drinks were good to strong sometimes, and the cocktails were lethal, especially when your sat in the pool bar and then you try and get out. I blame Juan for that, great barman.
As everyone says the crew make this hotel, Teddy is just the best, sorry cant remember most of the names but you are all fantastic and work so hard.
We meet some great people who really helped make our holiday better than it could of been under our circumstances, thanks to Kelly & Ian, Sarah & Simon, Big Jon & Carole.
I would go back but maybe in a few years for a second honeymoon.

6 Thank DSB07
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

i have to say i thought the blue bay was just what we needed food was excellent the rooms were clean and very comfortable , the staff could not do enough .and of course the weather was brilliant hot hot hot . They had a lovely spa pool where we sat later in the afternoon there was a bar there and my favourite drink yes the 151 . the buffet area was very nicely decorated and the food was of a high standard there was everything and anything you wanted . The entertainment crew " well rambo " what a fantastic guy i could of put him in my suitcase and brought him home " And the staff at the beach bar pablo and my denzel , my suitcase was getting bigger and bigger . If i had to sum this holiday up in one word it was fantastic so good we are going back in dec , just one thing i could say about the discription of the hotel in the brochures it should state it is a COUPLES hotel and not just adults hotel because we got a few noisy americans lads in thinking maybe there were some easy pickings and there were not . they just drank till the early hours of the morning (which there is nothing wrong with that ) but wakeing every one up at 4 in the morning was not on .So i will finish saying if you want a chilled time ,great food, and great staff go to the Blue Bay FANTASTIC.

3 Thank blondiGreatBritain
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

ive recently just arrived back from my 2 week stay at the bluebay villas and i am missing it already!!! apart from a few hicups on the way like being delayed for 27 hours!! on arrival we were given one of the rooms beside the spa area, however there was no balcony or terrace. We finally moved to room 1105 right next to the stage area and the pools. the rooms are very basic but extremely clean. The maid cleaned the room everyday and always proved us with clean towels. The pool area was fantastic this is where all your daytime activites take place!! To be honest the reason this hotel is sooo fantastic is because of the animation crew!! Never in my life have i met such hardworking people!!! we became really great friends with 3 of the the crew!! james bond, Teddy (i love this man) and angie! they are so hillarous its unreal!! the beach is to die for the view is just breathtaking!! All of the resturants are brillant especially the oriental we ate there 4 times!!! There not much to do outside the hotel its not like your typical holiday to spain there is only one shopping centre. There are some trips like: Ocean world swimming with the dolphins is a once in a life time experience well worth the money! and Paradise Island i wouldn't recommend this to anyone who can't swim or has back problems! the 45 minute journey in a speed boat to the island is the reason!! it the terrifing but part of the reason this trip was so amazing! the island is out of this world! you have to see it to believe it. And our last trip was the monster truck, be warned you will feel like crying as they take you around the towns of Puerto Plata Mainly to do with all the children who come chasing after the truck looking for sweets. DO take sweets and things to give out otherwise you will be left feeling rotten as i did. No one mentioned to us to do so and we were left feeling guilty as the children pleaded with you!! Apart from this the trip is really good you get taken horse back riding and are taken to a beautiful unspoiled beach!! plus the fact your intoxicated with rum the whole time it helps haha. The guys on the truck are really funny and make the whole experience really enjoyable. I loved the Dominican Republic i will defo be going back and i will especially be returning to bluebay villas mainly just because of the animation crew!!!!

5 Thank leanne96
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I have just returned from 2 weeks here and it was fantastic. The hotel is very clean and the pools are great. The entertainment team are the best I’ve ever had well done to Corina, Teddy, Lorenzo, James Bond and the rest of them. All headed up by Roberto although Super Tino needs to work on his pool volleyball (he makes a lot of noise which makes up for it). The bar staff were great especially Lori lie and Polanco I’ll miss them all.
I had been moved here from the Victoria resort across the road as I was travelling alone and the Victoria was nearly empty. If you are travelling alone don’t be put off by this “couples” resort as I had a great time and met lots of great people. I’m not shy and will talk to anyone which probably helped. If you are shy maybe best to give it a miss unless you enjoy spending all your time alone.
I’m not into seafood so I never ate in the seafood restaurant but the steakhouse and the Chinese were good. The buffet was ok but served similar food most of the time although I never went hungry and always had plenty to eat. The beach bar serves better coffee though!
The evening shows were great especially the Michael Jackson tribute. The staff all work very hard all of the time and put 110% effort in. This was my 8th time in the DR and I can clear state, as Roberto would say “entertainment crew very very good”
I had a villa right next to the pool and which was lovely and had my bed turned down every night. The room was spacious and always clean.
My favourite bar in the Caribbean is Hemmingway’s which is in the plaza a 2 min walk from the hotel they do a great steak marinated in Presidente beer which I would recommend. Don’t be put off by the people offering tours or to change money just say a polite “no thanks” and keep walking.
As I’ve been here before and done most of the tours I didn’t do any this time but everyone I met enjoyed them.
Finally, you will be glad to hear, a big “hola” to Lisa and Ross, Jennifer and Andy, Anya and Craig, Hazel and Laura thanks for making my holiday drunken and exciting.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank l300dub
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

We returned from Bluebay on 5th July and by the 9th had booked to go back last week. The whole place is amazing. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted with friendly smiling staff on reception. And immediately knew we had done the right thing in returning.
We laughed and laughed with the animation crew from the min we arrived. Thanks to all of you for another brilliant week. Vicky and I love you all. Thanks to Angie for the song she dedicated to Vicky and to Lorenzo who as ever was soooo funny xx
Mr Robert... .you must be so proud of all your crew

The weather was slightly mixed due to the time of year but this didnt spoil anything. The day it didnt stop raining was actually one of the best.

Also need to thank Ramon the waiter who did everything he could to make things special
And to Hipolito the rep who never stops smiling....we will whoop you at dominoes next time !! xx

The fried ice cream in the oriental rest is divine. Everytime we go in here the service and food is excellent.

As you have probably guessed I love this place and will go back as soon as it is possible.
Would definately recommend to everyone

• Stayed August 2009