I have just come back from a lovely honeymoon. On arrival at the hotel you don't have the rush to reception for check in - they sit you down - you get a drink and cold towel and then hand out your keys. I am a travel agent and for me and I know the majority of my customers a god send after such a long flight. The process is quick and easy, your bags are then taken to your rooms by a porter. First impressions of the hotel at this point is modern and chic. The level of service is of a high standard and this is aparant imediately.
On arrival in our rooms (in block 2 may I add - wasn't noisy after midnight as entertainment would finish - through the day I hardly noticed it either) We paid extra for a balcony and it is a minimal supplement, My room didn't overlook the pool but a bit of garden and a quiet road. We had bath robes, rum, fresh fruit and flowers scattered around our room - I had stated at time of booking it was our honeymoon. The rooms are clean, spacious and modern - beds huge. Maid service daily. It had a walk in wardrobe with shelves and hangers - ample space for holiday etire - I heard people complaining about not having drawers and read it in previous review but there was plenty of space. There was ample shelving for 1wk or 2wk holiday - lots of hangers etc. There is TV in rooms with lots of channels and aircon and fan free of charge. Rooms were great and found it overall quiet!
Food/ Restaurants - the standard of food compared to other caribbean islands I had been to is pretty typical - good standard - plenty of choice, I like trying new things and the varierty was good - breakfasts exceptional. We had a honeymoon meal put on for us - 5 courses in the Seafood restaurant which was beautiful - 5 courses - wasn't part of our ala carte allowance. I went to the Oriental and it was good. The only one I wasn't too bothered about was the beach grill which was just burgers etc - But it wasn't bad was just burgers and I like to try different things. Regardless of where we ate the service levels were high.
Beach was quiet - nice to walk along to stretch your legs -beds are free and sellers will go as soon as you say no thanks - unlike some other holiday destinations where you can be hounded. Sea is choppy - not typical calm caribbean waters - Thinks it's atlantic so you have few waves!
Enterntainment - was what you amde of it - you can get involved or not - the staff work really hard and made me laugh - although I was getting driectly involved - my hubby palyed volleyball a couple of times.
The Manager invited us to a champagne cocktail candelit cocktail party which I really enjoyed - I didnt once say I was a travel agent so no preferential treatment - This was them ensuring we had a fantastic honeymoon.
Pool area is nice but need to be early for beds - although we always did manage it - no probs and later on it got quieter!
My husband is a golf fanatic - Plays at competition level and the course is ranked high in the world from what I have read. He said it was a nice course!
The hotel is small and friendly - if you view the webiste what you see if what you get - no false advertising.
Overall Would go back and will recommend to my customers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, BlueBay Hotels & Resorts, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic
- BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata