“Beautiful, excellent and fair price ”

Mares Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Puerto Plata
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual & elegant. Creative cuisine with local fusion of products, one of the best chefs of the Dominican Republic, Rafael Vasquez. Situated in a private tropical garden, pool side bar and terrace, air condictioned indoor dining area, wine cellar, a local favorite spot, and a place you will remember.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place, excellent food, decent prices. We were the only guests, but we did not feel lonely. We had an outside table by the pool, backs against the tv in the bar. It entertained us very sucsessfully with Andrea Bocelli all night. I enjoyed that.
We had tuna and pumpkin cream soup for appertizers. Goat and shrimp for main courses. Both excellent.

There are newer reviews for Mares Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This food was soo good! The restaurant was very cute and nicely decorated. It is a little hard to find since it is located behind high fences ( we drove our rental car) but once in it was beautiful! The service was on point and they were very helpful. I don't eat seafood but I tried by boyfriend's shrimp linguini which was so fresh! I got the lamb and risotto which was very tasty! wish we had come here more than once during our vaca!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were recommended to try this restaurant by the rep at our hotel Vicki who was happy to book a table for us

We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding. We were looking for somewhere special to go to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and the hotel had no where special to do that

we had a table for 4 booked and the night we booked had the whole place to ourselves delightful

The quality of food served and the service received here was 5*. The menu offers seafood, lamb, goat and beef. The food is of a high standard but it is also beautifully cooked and presented. this really was a incredible place go try you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Amazing service. Amazing atmosphere. Amazing food. A total gem in the area. A truly unforgettable dining experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was lucky enough to have selected my favorite restaurants for my wedding venues. This was no exception Mares hosted my intimate rehearsal dinner. The set up was great with help from my coordinator the band helped us make sure the ambience was perfect. Apart from the the most important part is the food. The Chef was able to bring together 2 different worlds and make a 3 course meal to please both the bride and groom and of course all of the guests. Thank you for hosting my rehearsal dinner and I hope that others can experience the same!!!

1  Thank melissa a