We stayed at the Grand Ambar from Jan14-21, we were travelling with 5 adults (ages 33,34,36,38,60) and 4 children (almost 3,4,5,7).
We booked with nolitours, all together and had 2 rooms in building 207 and 1 room in building 702. It took 2.5 days to get all of the rooms in 207 as the 702 room was on the 3rd floor and had no elevators. It was hard for the kids (5 and 2) to go up and down the stairs as they were always slippery. All of the rooms were very run down, sheets were frayed, towels were stained and frayed, the locks on the patio doors did not work and took 3 days to fix. The air conditioning in 1 room was broken for the last 3 days, called many times to the reception but nothing was done about it. The 24 hour snacks were in another building, if you wanted a drink at night you had to go to the bar by the lobby or pool- not so bad if you are close by but not so great if you are farv away. We did get harrased by the guys in the white shirts trying to get us to go for a time share info session. Not so fun while on vacation with kids. The grounds were beautiful and the scenery was amazing. Their was a very strong smell of sewage that came and went the entire week. The pools were well maintained all except the childrens pool. It was dirty. The food in the buffet was not so great but we nevery went hungry. Your vacation is what you make of it and we had fun as a family just being together. We played in the sand and swam in the pool by the beach. Would we go here again? Never.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata