“Beautiful and Relaxing”

Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My wife and I have been to LHVC in Puerto Plata a couple of times and enjoyed it every time. This was our first time at Cofresi Beach and we stayed in a Jr Suite. It was much more spacious than the name would imply and the staff did a great job servicing it every day. There are many things to do in the surrounding area but truly enjoy finding a quiet area, either on the beach or by a pool, and even though the resort was extremely crowded, we were able to find areas that were almost empty. The staff was alway courteous and helpful. Americans should be aware that the pace is slower than NYC and friendlier too. The food and restaurant options continue to improve and we did not have a bad meal during our stay. We enjoyed it so much that we are looking forward to our next trip there in May with our children and their spouses. It is important to get a good understanding of where everything is as it's a large resort and then find the type of environment you like. There is more than one beach and one pool and all have excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spencer H
Write a ReviewReviews (3,841)

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This resort is BEAUTIFUL!!! My husband and I just returned from the Lifestyle Resort where we stayed at the Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Section. We like to travel to South America and the Carribbean as well as cruising. As a change from cruises, we decided to try an all inclusive resort and I am happy with our choice! Like many other folks we read the unfavorable reviews prior to booking. However, further investigation revealed many wonderful reviews about the LifeStye Resort in general on many different sites so we decided to take a chance and go. Well, I cannot say enough GOOD things about the staff, the accommodations, the location and the grounds of the resort are impressively beautiful, and I am soooo happy I did not take the advise of the poor reviews. We stayed in a room facing the ocean with a king size bed, jacuzzi and a beautiful balcony. It was very clean and everything was in fine working order (our TV was a flat screen!). We never had an odor in our room as some other reviews indicated. This Resort also offers other accommodations such as one and two bedroom apartments and you can rent a villa with 3-7 bedrooms through a member. The cost for this vacation was unbeatable and considering when you stay at other vacation destinations (with or without all inclusive) you get a hotel room with a balcony and pay a whole lot more money! It's hard to imagine that you couldn't have a good time here! We had to wait to make our dinner reservations, but we didn't think this was unreasonable. Some of these reviews lead you to believe the resort serves swill.... and only sometimes! We ate to our hearts' content and never experienced an upset stomach, nor did anyone we spoke with! I don't agree that you have to be a member to have a good time. EVERY STAFF member we encountered was wonderful, always smiling and willing to help! We booked our vacation through a member and we stayed as V.I.P. guests. We had access to the entire resort and all the V.I.P. areas as well as top shelf liquor (wine was good), welcome party (AMAZING)! We loved the bar at the V.I.P. beach (best Pina Coladas). The food at the bar was very good and there is a sushi bar there as well! We also ate at the buffet on several occassions (breakfast and lunch) and they offered a decent variety of foods, beverages and desserts. We were very satisfied with the buffet. We were approached by the sales people and although we didn't have to, we took the tour (mostly because I wanted to see the other accomodations!) and I was so impressed with this resort from all the different places to stay, the restaurants, pools, bars, beach (didn't buy a membership this time!). I loved the Spa! I went twice! My huband golfed a couple of days and went fishing another. He had a great time. We did the ATV adventure through the forest and sugar cane fields and had a great time . The guides were very friendly, just like we found everyone else there to be. We also made sure that we tipped everyone. You don't have to, but as everyone knows no matter where you are tips are always welcome, and the staff remembers you and goes that extra mile to make you happy. Overall, we had a great time, met some very nice people and will definintely recommend Confresi Palm Beach & Spa to our friends and family.

5  Thank Mary P
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My wife and I are new Lifestyle members. We visited from 1/18-20/2012. We were given gold bands when we checked in. It was a great visit. The room was very large, clean, and comfortable. We ate at several of the restaurants and, though not spectacular, we found their offerings to be of very good quality and quite palatable. One evening, we visited the Tapas Bar and had a most delightful evening of live entertainment light fare, and cool drinks.

In all instances, we found all Staff we encountered to be friendly, pleasant, helpful, and very accomodating. We've recommended it to our children, who will be visiting later this year, at which time we will revisit for another expectedly delightful stay.

Arthur P.

1  Thank Arthur P
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My wife and I were there from 1/19 – 1/22 as part of a larger group of about 25. Here are the facts. The food is of much lower quality than your local buffet. The seated restaurants can, however, be good. Their check in process is questionable and can apparently take hours. They have multiple levels of accommodations, if you are going to go, get the upgrade and go VIP. If your room is down near the beach, you probably will have hot water, good AC, etc. I pity you if you are “up the hill”. Beach and pools are really very nice. Liquor is questionable unless you are getting top shelf at VIP bars. Rail rum is actually pretty good though, most people in our group drank a lot of the rail rum and weren’t feeling any worse off for doing so the next day. To that point, there is a decent mix of bars and other opportunities to meet some other tourists if you are so inclined. In closing, if what you care about is the beach/pool/sun, you’ll do well here. If you want five star dining with room service and only a little bit of beach time, you’re going to be much better off elsewhere.

Room Tip: Closer to Beach is better, pay for the upgrade.
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We planed to travel to this resort knowing it used to be the old Sunvillage resort which we had never been to before we had stayed next door a few years ago and liked the area. We forund it to be beautiful and very tropical. The pools were nice and plenty of room to roam around and you could use both the origional resort and this resort which actually had more beach area . We went with vip plan so the drinks were fine, I read a few reviews where people had issues with drinks and such but I would guess they opted for bottom dollar so I guess if you want the finer things pay a little more and go for vip. The only issue we had was I like a harder bed but I have a temper pedic at home so pretty much anywhere we go we have thet issue. To be honest this is a lovely place where they have plenty of activities and the vip parties are a lot of fun , the restaurants were very nice and best of all were the resort employees were just like friends. I did not really deal with the sales people I say and walk on but I tend to do this in a car lot to. I would suggest Ocean World which is just about next door even with out children it makes for a plesent day without the huge crowds found around theam parks in the US. Bottom line is this can be a fun very nice place and if you want to relax and warm up you can do it, or you can be busy with all the excurissions offered if you want . For the price you can really enjoy the trip and the resort parties are great so they are a must.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean side rooms , if you want large beautiful room upgrade to the presidential suites
2  Thank schmo37
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have just returned from vacation at the Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic, we had a wonderful time. The staff at reception, domestic at the hotel, bar staff and restaurant staff are wonderful. They are so willing to please, and will do any thing you ask. You have so many amenities to choose from for entertainment, you would never get bored. I have been to many of the other Lifestyle properties over the last six years and I have never had a bad experience. I find it one of most relaxing vacations I have ever had. My wife and I have traveled all over the world, and we both agree that the Livestyle Vacation Club is a wonderful place for us to spend our vacation. At all the Lifestyle properties, the complete staff is well tranined and eager too make your vacation experience the best you have every had. I would highly recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WilliamNimmons
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Great food, service staff and quaters. Very clean and family oriented. Would reccomend to family and friends. We be coming back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family