Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$205
US$199
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Breakfast included
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$303
US$244
  • Breakfast included
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$119
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Viva Wyndham V Heavens(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$147
US$169
US$131
  • Pool
US$190
US$175
4,131 results
All reviewsthe pearlvip beachjunior suiteminnie mousevip partysexy bananawelcome partyel pilonblue lagooncasablanca buffetanimation teamdominican restaurantthese guysstandard roomcoco locofoam partyocean world
Reviewed 1 August 2012

During nustra stay was a little depressing we were crazy to leave. The service was good but every day it was going light, the air went out by a system of prevention. the TV only worked 2 hours for 1 whole week we stayed. The hotel is all stairs is not suitable for people with any kind of disability were few carts passing the cost of the things you bought in tiendad were high. ofresian the shows and the entertainment team were all that could be used for entertainment options. The equpo entertainment were very good sexy Nephew ETHOD Blakie that amused people with his dancing and comedy. The food was good but many things that did not have much flavor unsalted juices were few and cleanliness in the hotel and the room were very good but the swimming pools were not very clean and the beds that you put people in beach also like hammocks.

1  Thank Staecy F
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My trip to this resort was great...I read all the reviews and was scared to go there but tried it out anyways and really enjoyed my stay there,,,I had a great time and the staff was very helpfull...had a few inconviniences but they were fixed and I enjoyed everything....the guys in the check in/check out desk are very helpful and always answer any question or concerns you have...The entertainment was great...great shows and great staff...Eddie, sexy blackie and sexy bannana were great, they were freindly and always had good activities for everyone....Thanx for the great time

1  Thank Ana A
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I would like to the experience I had at Lifestyles Resorts in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. The service was awful. The shuttle buses were very slow. It would take an hour for a shuttle to come. The electricity went out a couple of times. The water would shut off during certain times of the day. We walked to the next resort. The shuttle would drive by even if a person tried to flag the shuttle down to stop for them. We requested extra face towels and they brought them the next day. There was no room service at the Crown Suites or the Residence Suites. If a person did not eat before 8pm they would have to wait until after 11pm to get a snack and the only snack was hamburgers, hotdogs and fries. We had to make reservations at 5 restaurants the day we checked in. If you went to dinner and ordered 2 entrees because you wanted to take one back to your room for a snack, the wait staff would look at you like you had a problem. We asked if there was a problem with ordering 2 meals and the wait staff pretended like they didn't understand what was said. The Casablanca Buffet, the birds would nibble on the fruit and the desserts. The Bellini, the breakfast and lunch was awful. The eggs were over cooked and the bacon was either undercooked or over cooked. The food had our stomachs torn up for the entire week and for 7 days after we returned home. One day at breakfast at the Casablanca, one of the timeshare manager's went completely off in front of all the guests on his staff. He informed his staff not to give away any free incentives to any future timeshare investors because if they were at the Holiday Inn, they would not get anything free. So, why should they expect something for free from Lifestyles. This was so unprofessional of the manager. There was only 1 Television in the Residence Suites and that was in the livingroom area. The patio door was too short for the door way. Therefore, the patio door would lock on one side but it was open on the other end of the door because the door did not reach the other side. There were flying bugs (they look like flying ants) all over the inside of our 2 bedroom suite at the Residence Suites. We found bugs in the bed and Bugs in the kitchen light fixture. The pool water was dirty, because when we got out the pool we would go take a shower to get the chlorine off our bodies and our soap turned grey from dirt. The pool at the Residence Suite shallow end was 5'8" deep. There was a swim up bar, but no alcohol on the bar and no bartender. The mattresses were dirty, old and nasty. If you didn't have a V.I.P. wristband on, then the staff disregarded you. V.I.P. wristband people were treated nicely. The shuttle bus would come right away for them. Many people paid $12 - $15 a night for all inclusive, but some people were charges as much as $99 night for all inclusive with their timeshare. If you wanted to upgrade to VIP it was an extra $100 a day. V.I.P. rode scooters and golf carts for transportation. Non-V.I.P. people had to walk or try to ride the shuttle van. The gift shops were over priced. $5.00 for a bag of chips is just too much. When in the states the same bag will cost $2.50. The people outside the resort were much friendlier than the people within the resort. I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS AS A VACATION SPOT FOR ANYONE NOT EVEN MY WORST EMEMY.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank famfriendstravel
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I never take the time to write reviews, but felt this is a must so that others do not waste their vacation time and money as we did. We just returned from a week at Cofresi. It was the worst vacation experience we have ever had. They cater to the locals, who come in droves with their large, extended families. The woman who checked in before us had about 30 family members (they do not seem to monitor how many stay in a room). Because of this, we had trouble getting towels and a cot (We requested one because the beds were so bad - we didn't sleep for a week and never did get one). It is a mob scene with long lines where ever you go, and they have no regard for personal space - lots pushing and cutting in line. Food and alcohol were poor. The only escape was to take a beat up shuttle (again long lines and they shove you all in together) to the VIP Beach at a sister resort (which closes at 6p). We also took a cab to the Ponderosa (not the steak chain) a very good Dominican restaurant. Bottom line - cancel now if you can!!!

5  Thank bandaids
Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

Before going to the resort, I read the reviews. I thought that I would have a terrible time. It was actually ok, but nothing to brag about. We stayed at Cofresi, and I didnt like the fact that my room wasnt ready when I got there at 1:00. My room they gave me smelled like mildew. Everyday my group decided to go to the pool instead of the beach. The staff played games by the pool which were fun. Sexy banana was great at making us feel at home. He was the best!!!The beach was dirty. Once you pass a certain point, you see locals. Make sure you stay within the resort's grounds!!! There isnt much nightlife outside the resort. I was grateful they had shows every night for the guests. Overall, The staff was very friendly. I was told you may have a better experience at Lifestyle.

• Stayed: July 2012