I checked the reviews on trip advisor only to find lots of negative reviews. The negative reviews are right on. Only if you are a VIP member would you have an excellent experience. The VIP side of the hotel offers great services and beautiful rooms. We stayed in the Cofresi Palm and I was very disappointed. When we arrived we had to wait hours for our room. Once we got our room, it was a huge disappointment. The room is so outdated and runned down. We didn't even have a place to put our clothes. We had to live off of our luggages. We were four people in the room (2 adults 2 kids) and only had two towels. The maid would only come and clean the room when she received tips.
The food at the buffets is horrible. Not too many options to choose from. You are only allowed to make reservations to the a la carte restaurants from 9:00am - 10:00am. If you show up before or after this time, you will be received with a nasty attitude and you will be turned away. I have never seen anything like this in my life (and I am a frequent traveler).
We changed rooms only to find that the new room was worst than the first. Most of the staff has an attitude. Too many locals stay at the hotel which means lot of noise and annoying behavior. After this review someone from the hotel is going to write and say that they are sorry for my experience and that when I return they will do their best to make it a more enjoyable one. I will NEVER go back even if they offered me a million dollars.
The positive reviews you read must come from the VIP members. We went on the VIP tour (where they try to sell us a VIP membership) and the difference in the rooms and the treatment you receive is like night and day. Only if you are a VIP member will you like this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata