My boyfriend and I just got back from DR on the 21st and we really enjoyed our stay at Cofresi! The place itself is HUGE! Your first few days you may be a bit overwhelmed but everyone is more then willing to help you find your way around. The resort is very clean, and the rooms are huge, not much of a view though if you aren't VIP. What made our time on the resort was the entertainment crew. Salami is awesome and will get you involved in the games on the beach. I know, I know ladies you just want to drink and tan peacefully on the beach, but I urge you to get up and get involved, you will meet other families and couples that way. By the way the Whiskey bar on the beach is fantastic, so are Banana Mama's!
Now for the food, I am pretty food sensitive so while it all tasted great my stomach didn't always cooperate, however my boyfriend had no issues. The Pearl has a great breakfast, and the Mexican restaurant was great to. All the servers are so nice, we really enjoyed talking to them and even learning a little Spanish. Now people I know its all inclusive but I urge you to tip, at least a few bucks US on the table with your meals. If you can afford this resort you can afford to tip the staff. We tipped $2 US at each meal, $5 US at the bar daily, and $5 US for housekeeping daily.
Now for day trips, I highly recommend the Zip Lining/ Monkey Jungle one, you will have a blast!!! You start off zip lining and then do a 54 ft drop (which sounds scary but after you will be so happy you did it), then you get to go hang out with the most adorable spider monkeys. The best part about it is that the money you spend goes toward the community there and the medical clinic for them. On the beach you will find reps (ask for Mosquito) selling scuba diving and snorkelling day trips at half the price as the flyer of day trips the hotel gives you. We did snorkelling and it was really a great time. Lastly we did the waterfall trip, now be prepared for a hike but trust me its well worth it and after you celebrate with rum (pack your own water shoes if you plan on doing this one).
You can't go wrong with this resort! If you are going soon tell Salami that Andria and Superman say hello!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata