“"speedy"”

Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Brampton, Canada
“"speedy"”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well what do i have to say....this place was amazing,...my frist time there and had a great time...the place was so big but nice...the people where very helpful and nice to you...the water was always nice and the beach was clean...i stayed mostly at the pool only because of these fantastic guys but there was only one that got my attention "SPEEDY GONZALES"...he was amazing, so funny always kept you going from dacing to playing game or just talking to you and making sure we where having a good time...he made my vaction so much more fun...i never had a doll moment when he was there....well thanks for everything when i was there...hope to see you all soon....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Maria B
The Management T, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had during your stay at the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate our staff,specially Speedy Gonzalez for providing a great hospitality.

Please keep in mind that we will be pleased to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My boyfriend and I got back from Cofresi palm beach and spa yesterday night and let me just say I was a little nervous due to mixed reviews however it was the BEST trip we have been to in Dominican republic before. We arrived early afternoon and our room was ready as soon as we checked in, we asked if we could upgrade to a suite which was available for 40 dollars a night extra, however none were available which was fine.
There are 3 options which include a regular beige wristband (Access to most things on resort except for private beaches with beds and separate areas of restaurants which were "private") honestly, not being a vip member did not really bother us!
blue wristband = most of the vip options and a gold wristband = all access to vip memberships
Anyways, our room was a standard king size Noliplus room which was beautiful! The water pressure wasn't great but we always had nice maids, hot water and a clean room. We had no issues with the sewage smell and honestly we walked by an area close by that had a little bit of a smell but the reviews made it seem WAY worse than it was!!!!!
The food was pretty good as well, the only restaurant I wouldn't recommend is The Pearl. The Brazilian steakhouse was good and Casablanca was great every night! We didn't have any issues with reservations as we were awake early and would just change any that we didn't like timing wise or place between 9-10. There is always somewhere to eat which is great.
The hotel is VERY big, there was a lot of walking which we didn't mind however some people might if they do not like walks/stairs etc. We didn't mind as we are very active.
The resort has 2 parties every week, on Thursday we had a vip welcome party which we could all go to and it was SO fun! great entertainment, music and people but the BEST party was the sunday foam/welcome party!!!!!!!!!! My boyfriend and I have never had so much fun at a resort before.
The animation crew really welcomed us while we were there, big shoutout to MICKEY, COCOLOCO, JON RAMBO, SHAGGY, SPEEDY AND ALFONSO!!!!!!!!!! You guys are awesome!! They remembered us by name everyday and always encouraged us to play games or dance merengue! These guys work hard and make your vacation as easy and fun as possible.
Use the shuttle service! It is really convenient!
We didn't have issues with timeshare people, maybe we didn't lead them on that's why but the people on the beach selling water services were great and friendly as well as the shops on the beach!
We had the option of doing the VIP tour which we did do however due to research I told them that I understand at the end of this tour you are going to try and sell us a membership but we aren't going to be interested, the memberships start at 12000. You just need to be honest with these people and they wont hassle you.
We wish we didn't have to leave but we definitely enjoyed our time. People need to realize that these people do everything they can with what they got and do not need to go somewhere if they are going to complain about everything. if anyone has any questions feel free to email me I could write novels!

RAMBO, COCOLOCO, SPEEDY AND MICKEY - APRIL AND MIKE SAY HI WE MISS YOU GUYS, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 30222 and had a great private balcony and room! Great location of the middle of the lob...
6 Thank Banu B
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort for your holidays and for taking time to post a review about your experience among us.

We would like to express you our satisfaction to acknowledge that our hotel premises, facilities, gastronomy and the excellent service provided by our friendly staff ensured you a memorable holiday as we aim in Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resorts. We have congratulated our animation crew for making your holidays special.

We will be glad to welcome you back.

Best regards,
The Management
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriend and I found an amazing deal to the DR and packed our bags! We were there such a short time, but packed as much as possible into our 4 days and 3 nights. We took a shuttle from the POP airport for $40 and saved $10 from the posted taxi prices.The property is HUGE! Pack comfy walking shoes, I stayed in flip flops or flat sandals mostly. THe check-in process was a little disjointed, in that depending on how you booked your trip...there was a different building to check in at. We waited about 30 minutes to check in, but we jsut took that time to chat up the other guests.

We stayed in a double room with a view that overlooked the spa and a further view of the ocean. Our room had fresh flowers and complimentary water. The room was nice and clean (we had a slow draining tub though).

The food was ok, there was no shortage of opportunities to eat and drink, but as someone who is carb conscious...there werent as many options. Mostly pizza, pasta, creads and other items to keep you full. The buffets were casual and there were alsp restaurants that required a reservation. I found the food quality better at the "cook as I order" eateries.

It rained everyday, but thankfully they were just little rainfalls followed by beautiful sunshine. They will present the timeshare deal to you, but its not a requirement. We went, the property was gorgeous...but not any deal that I was willing to commit to.

They roll out the red carpet and have beachside cabanas that thrill the senses. Book a beach massage, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: There's a lot of walking so if you have mobility issues ask for limited stairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alex L
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Recently got back from the DR at the Cofresi Resort & Spa and I think back at all the fun I had, I wish I could snap my fingers and go back! My boy Julio Nice and his crew treated my wife and I very very good, we appreciate the true hospitality.

Brooklyn
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The resort itself was nice but the problem was the food. The food gave all the people i was with serious stomach problems. The best part of the hotel was the staff. Julio is wonderful and he showed my guests and I respect and kindness. If i was the manager at the hotel I would definitely promote him from something higher than entertainment!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Kristinaaab
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Terrible experience. The room was very outdated and not at all like the pictures on the website. I had three room changes and had to sign a non-disclosure form at the time of the third room change. It still was not at all like the rooms on the website but after the first two room, it was good enough and couldn't let it ruin my trip any further.

They can learn a lot about customer service. You need to tip and tip the same people to get good service. I was terribly sick and wanted some lemon/ginger tea that they stock, I asked more than one staff at different restuarants and they automatically said no they can't help, it wasn't until the bartender who knew us came over asking what was going on and told them we are good people and got the manager to get the tea from the back. This is ridiculous. The food/hygeine is horrible and made me sick. Hygeine is not good either, when replacing utensil I noticed the staff would not replace utensils left at the table if it looked like it wasn't used instead of clearing the whole table. The alcohol is below bottom shelf. They force you to eat at restaurants of their chosing and we only got 2 for a 7 day stay. Any other days you have to go there the day of to request and hope for a reservation. Changing the reservation they tell you the date and time for as if you are there to serve them is hell. You can't enjoy your whole day when they will not confirm you change until 5 by sliding a note under your door and then of course guest services closes at 5, so you are stuck. Even the food at the restuarants were terrible. Speaking to VIP guests who get access to more restaurants and beaches, the food and alcohol are no better, just as poor. So don't think if you pay more you will get a better exeprience. I would stay away from the whole Lifestyles Holiday Vacation brand, as you get access to other parts of the resort that includes these other properties and the experience is no better. Their slogan is to tell only your best friends and it is so true, because I will so they avoid it.

There is a class system with bands of several different colors giving you access to only certain things. So this is not really as all inclusive as one would expect. Most of the people that work here do not speak good english at all, which is surprising considering the amount of english speakers that go here. This goes to the poor effort at providing good customer service, even the front desk and guest services people cannot speak good english of all the people. I contacted the resort two months prior to arrival about transportation to and from the airport on more than one occassion, including email and never got a response. I came to find out there is roundtrip transportation for $60, due to their lack of response I instead spent $100 roundtrip with a local taxi and the resort charges you $55 each way if you don't arrange transportation two weeks prior to arrival.

7 Thank Jeanine T
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

It was a last minute decision, so we had purchased our tickets for a reasonable price, not exactly hoping for anything great. On the contrary, the resort was beautiful and very big. Because of its size, I would not recommend it to elderly people, or anyone having difficulties with walking, there were many stairs. We stayed in a standard room and it was perfect, always clean, the bed comfortable and we even got a little view of the ocean! The staff and entertainers were all really great, especially Mickey Mouse, Shaggy, Speedy G, Rambo and Julio. All great guys, who tried to make our stay as exciting as possible. The food was not bad either, and of course the drinks were good too. The only issue I personally had with the service, was that there were no staff who brought you drinks, so instead of laying at the pool or on the beach, you'd have to get up and get your own drink. Otherwise everything was great, and we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family