“A perfect place to unwind”

Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Boston, Massachusetts
“A perfect place to unwind”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After reading some of the polarizing reviews of this place, I was a little wary of staying here, but it was a wonderful experience. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly and accommodating. They treated everyone like royalty. The property and the restaurants were immaculately clean. We stayed in a Junior Suite near El Pilon and it was a beautiful and spacious room. We heard from others that the A/C went out one day, but we didn't even notice because our room was so cool with the ceiling fan. They said it was only off for one day. There were so many options for beaches and pools (ie: secluded, lively, etc.) Each evening, they featured a variety of spectacular entertainment events. My only complaint was the food and drinks. They weren't horrible and I didn't get sick, but they were just mediocre. Thankfully, the rooms, the property, the staff and the other amenities overshadowed the food/beverage experience.

Room Tip: Rooms 40-43 near El Pilon were really nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ergeorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,032)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This two week vacation was a great way to start off my summer vacation. A good friend and I decided to return to Cofresi for many reasons, this was her third time and my second time returning since January. By the end of our two weeks I seriously felt that I didn't want to leave. Everyone that we met welcomed us with open arms & everyday was better than the last. The two of us spent most of our days at Pirates Cove pool because of the animation team, they are seriously an amazing bunch of guys. To do what they do everyday they all deserve 20 stars. Rambo, Julio, speedy, Coco loco who was new and fit in so great,and of course shaggy and Mikey. The energy and the enthusiasm that they carry everyday is so great makes for a wonderful stay. We made many wonderful life time friend from Wanda and Big Papi in the Aqua Center were so happy everyday to see us just amazing people would love to be a part of their family. We also enjoy a wonderful message from Yig/yang spa. If it wasn't for Ellery Chez who walks a million miles a day from Cofresi to the tropical, spent the time to explain what our message would be like he's a great salesman. Our hotel room was always cleaned when we made our return from the pool. One thing that is recommend is the the bar fridge should be filled with refreshments daily or when needed. One gets tired of drinking water, but other then that loved our location and everything else. We will return back of course!!hopefully sooner than later.I can keep going but I think you have the idea...by now!!

Room Tip: we stayed in building 41 it has been renovated....great location and no problems.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best in Puerto Plata. I would definitely return to it very soon. The rooms are very clean, pools are very well maintained, food is great in all restaurants, and the staff is very friendly. One of the entertainers in particular, Julio Nice was very nice and friendly. He played all up-to-date music in the pool area and overall made everyone happy.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jaely G
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I reccently vacationed at the Cofresi Palm Beach Resort and just loved it! The resort is beautiful...lots of options for where to spend the day in the sun! Everyone at the resort is so friendly and helpful! One of my favorite parts of the trip was spending time by the pool and participating in the activities the Entertainment Team were doing - Rambo was the best! Very friendly and lots of fun - especially enjoyed dance lessons and playing volleyball with him and the other members of the Entertainment Team.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shelly M
Woodbridge, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place is very family oriented. It was the most amazing vacation place ever! The food, the staff, and the entertainment were top notch. Very friendly staff, they bend over backwards for you to make your experience the most pleasurable one ever. My kids had an amazing time! My 16 yr old said that if we were to vacation again, he wants to come back here! My 13 yr old loved ever minute of it. They have amazing entertainment for the kids and for everyone else. The shows that were put on were spectacular! There is nothing bad to say about this place! Will definitely go back in a heartbeat! The reception parties are a blast, my son had an amazing time! I'm glad my kids enjoyed themselves because we got to enjoy it too. If you have a family or not, you will love this place too. It's too bad that there is nowhere to post pics because if there where you could see what I'm talking about and you would fall in love with this place too.

Room Tip: We got the presidential suites. It had two bedrooms plus a Murphy bed in the main part of the suite...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Loveland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited the Cofresi in June 2014. The grounds, lobby, and pools are very well kept and beautiful.
The rooms were outdated and dirty. Our phone broke halfway through our stay, it took 3 days for it to get fixed.
The food was almost inedible. The drinks were good.
The beach area was nice and well kept, the beach itself was ok. The water wasn't very clear but it was swimmable.
The staff was helpful and polite.

This was about a 2.5-3 star hotel. I would recommend it for people looking for a budget beach location

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori_26_10
Carteret, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My fiancé and I just recently got back from Cofresi, we traveled from July 7th to the 11th. We booked through Expedia and our package included access to the VIP beach which was Awesome! The beds and cabanas were gorgeous you have to get there around 8-8:30 to get a bed! They have waiters that bring you your drinks and you could also order food, the wings and nachos were the best lol. I purchased transportation from the airport to hotel and also from hotel to airport through Expedia. When we landed in DR our shuttle had a flat so we waited an hour until another shuttle came. It was kind of disappointing but hey we were on vacation! So we finally got to the resort and it was about a 30 minute ride from the airport. Check in was nice and quick and we caught a shuttle to our spacious room! Shuttles were definitely a great help to get around since the resort is huge and it's about 3 or 4 resorts connected! The longest we waited for a shuttle was maybe 10 minutes if that, there were always driving around and you could just hop in. Definitely recommend upgrading to a jr suite if possible it's worth it! The property itself was simply amazing and Huge n also a lot I repeat a lot of walking but I didn't mind it. The entertainment Staff were amazing! Julio nice was my favorite he took out time everyday to reach out and get to know my fiancé and I and make us laugh and enjoy our time even more! Every time we'd be walking by he'd make it his business to greet us whether it was on the mic " Young Mula BABY!!!" Or just him sitting n having convos with us! He would check on us at the shows n parties which I thought was nice! He was just awesome, also speedy and Mickey were Great too! These guys bust their butts making us happy and they truly love what they do!! I read so much about them on these reviews for months and it was my pleasure to finally meet them! Also I wanna shout out Manuel at the swim up bar he was awesome and him and my fiancé hit it off lol! Love you Manuel n Julio nice hope to see you guys again one day! Everything was perfect except for the food. The pearl was the worst! we would travel to the tropical just to eat at Casa Blanca and even still the food wasn't great but it was better than the pearl. We ate at the Italian restaurant which was ok the pasta salad and bruschetta was Great! We also had the chicken Alfredo which wasn't bad at all. Also the blue lagoon opens at 11pm-5am for snack we didn't get to make it there though. The pearls snack are the same every night hot dogs and hamburgers Nd fries. The Thursday VIP party was pretty awesome the performers and dancers were amazing the music was good and the vibe itself was out of this world, overall my stay was absolutely amazing other than the food! I'd probably definitely visit Cofresi again especially cause of the staff! Also our maid Carmen did a great job at leaving our room spotless ,fresh towels, and fresh flowers everyday! Tip tip tip!!! these guys deserve it! Love Jissele and Kawahn from Jersey <3

Room Tip: Building 43 room 42301 even though it was on the fourth floor and it's a bit of a hike every nig...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple