“Best hot spot in Puerto Plata!”

Big Lee's Beach Bar
Ranked #1 of 14 Nightlife in Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SPECTACULAR views, great atmosphere. Specialties: Fish & Chips, Burgers & Fries, Hot Dogs and fantastic sandwiches. Enjoy our Oldies Classic Rock music! ONLY LEFT HALF of the Building, please sit on "our side", lol. We speak English here! Come with your friends or come and make new ones!!! Be sure to say you saw us on TripAdvisor! Big Lee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hot spot in Puerto Plata!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have known Big Lee for a few years now and he runs and excellent bar! The food is delicious, the staff is great and Big Lee always makes you feel like long lost relatives when you come in. Located on the melacon (beach boardwalk) it has beautiful views of the ocean and its also nice to watch the bustle of the locals going by on the main road. Big Lee is a big supporter of giving back to the community too, which shows the depth of his character. Best drinks/prices in town, live music on Fridays, karaoke on Saturdays or anytime is a great time for a visit and relax. LOVE IT!!!!

Big Lee P, Owner at Big Lee's Beach Bar, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Oh Liz, you sweetie, thank you so much. It is always a pleasure to see your smiling face coming into Big Lee's! Our waitresses and cooks are just so sweet, glad you like them too. We aim to please... And---you give back so much to... to your community through your mission work. You are an angel to these children!

• Arabic first
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
“Best bar on the beach in Puerto Plata”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great staff, great views, great food and drinks, also great music. I have been here many times and it is a very comfortable place to sit and enjoy the beach and the people.

Big Lee P, Owner at Big Lee's Beach Bar, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I, too, love our location and views... and I appreciate that you enjoyed our friendly staff, food, cold drinks and great classic music. Thank you again! Lee
Youngstown, Canada
“Was at big lees at end of March 2014”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Most fun of our trip was meeting Lee and all the others. A must go to place when at puerto plata! Great food , lovely staff, doesn't get any better!

Visited April 2014
Big Lee P, Owner at Big Lee's Beach Bar, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
How cool Michael that you would say you had your "most fun" of your vacation while you were here. Thank you my friend. We try to make everyone feel welcome and at home. Our sweet and friendly waitresses and cooks are just fantastic. Glad you enjoyed...
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BIG LEE'S have yourself some fun here you wont be disappointed”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was recently in Puerto plata and was referred by a few people to go to Big Lee's on the Malecon. It s a few kms down the malecon but take the trip you wont be disappointed. You are greeted by a big, lovable guy. I felt I had been a long lost part of a family after only a few minutes, yet this was my first time there..The atmosphere is welcoming and fun, and the food is great .. memories of England and my youth everywhere. Try it.. everyone knows how to get there, it s very simple, it will make your day and night as it did mine .

Visited April 2014
Thank you so much Michael. I am so glad you felt welcome and at home here. Our friendly staff does their best to keep everyone happy. And fantastic that several friends referred you to come here. And you are right... everyone knows "where" the street, the malecon... is. Once on the street... just look for our sign and flags. To get best instructions, click the link to our website!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stopped off one afternoon and returned twice more in our holiday! Nice cold beer amazing fish and chips and club sandwiches with a wonderful atmosphere you can either view the ocean or the malecon and watch the world go by. Very friendly staff and if lees not arround don't worry we speak very little Spanish but still had a good supply of beer and food to our table! We return to the DR in 3 weeks and I'm sure we will be spending a fair amount of or time at big lees!

Visited November 2013
Big Lee P, Owner at Big Lee's Beach Bar, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Emma, I am so glad you stopped in and enjoyed our food, scenery and atmosphere. I, too, just love our very friendly staff. We must have done a good job for you to return often! I truly look forward to three weeks from now when you return!!!