Over all this trip has been a very positive experience and worth every penny for the package. Here are some comments :
1. Very smooth checking in. Loved the surprised cocktail served at the lobby which made me feel like in Fantasy Island.
2. Room was very clean. No bugs, no smoke, no noise, no problem with water or air con. Loved our maid – she put hibicus flowers in our bathroom!
3. Resort buildings are well spaced out but yet still very centralized and convenience. Very clean, well maintained and landscaped. I came only with my teenage daughter, and we both felt very safe at all time.
4. Beach was very clean. Workers combed it constantly. With only another highend resort next door sharing the beach, that made the public beach feel totally exclusive. The 2 sercurity guards at the beach made it extra safe.
5. Food and drinks are more than plenty. Good variety and great service – I got what I asked for promptly and with big smiles!
6. A very good mixed of guests at the resort.
7. Night entertainments were ‘interesting and entertaining’ , just don’t compare these with the Vegas shows!
8. Front desk staff helped us catch up with an excursion, eventhough we did not book it through the hotel.
1. Food display units often ‘over cooked’ the good food instead of just keeping them warm. Fruitflies everywhere! Definitely the hotel should redesign the ways they display the food.
2. Don’t border about going to the a-la-cart dinners, the buffets are better.
3. Casino machines are all in Spanish.
4. I was tricked to go into the resort’s Time Share Centre in our first morning, but I was quick to decline the on-site tour and I never got approached again.
5. Couldn’t avoid those sales people on the beach at all. They indeed offer much better price for excursions than the hotel, even so, you should still bargain with them. Ask for Martinez (#1)!
6. The locals came to stay for the weekend, it’s good to feel the local flare, but the crowd was quite overwhelming at times.
7. No body told us that the Rum Factory is closed for a 3 months renovation!
8. Really don’t like the flying schedule on the return flight – we checked out at 12 :00 on Tursday, then had to kill time until 4 :30 p.m. for the shuttle bus to take us to the airport. Waited in the airport for 3 hours for the 7 :45 p.m. flight. The airport should have an open air patio so we can work on our uneven tan lines. The plane had to fly to Punta Cana to pick up other passangers, came back to Toronto at almost 2 :00 a.m., Went to bed at 4 :00 a.m. and to work at 10 :00a.m. on Friday – lost a whole glorious day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata
- Be Live Collection Marien Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata