Nice location, close to Puerto Plata.
Puerto plata is a lovely town, go and see it. The surroundings are absolutely beautiful, green mountains and blue sea, lovely friendly people.
Puerto plata is losing tourists due to heavy marketing of punta Cana, but this Area is much prettier and you can get a feel of the real life here, and not just the plastic hotel world. So see it, get out, smell, see and feel the real Caribbean.
Fast, efficient, pleasant. I especially want to mention Mr. Fausto, the chief of reception. He is very nice, helps to resolve any problem that might exist in a matter of minutes and is a gem! Thank you Fausto for treating every guest like a VIP. You feel welcome right away with your reception!
I had booked a superior room and was very happy with it. These rooms are spacious, newly renovated, nice, light colors, cosmetic mirror, hair dryer, big mirror. Only thing missing is more shelf space and more drawers. I was alone and had trouble putting my clothes inside the cupboard. and if you are not tall, you have trouble having up your clothes.
air conditioner and fan work like a charm.
Warm, big, nice, pleasant.
Don't forget this is the Atlantic, so some days the sea is rough, on the calm days you can snorkel and see fish nearby. The beach is wide, there is enough space and you can walk for hours on the beach.
People, what are you complaining about? There is a big variety of food, there are theme evenings and everything is presented nicely. I do not understand all these people complaining about the food, there are fruits and freshly pressed juice in the morning, plenty of everything.... Of course within two weeks there will be a repetition of food, but everything is tasty and good. And you can also book at the 3 restaurants, they are good and give you a change of scene.
The barkeepers are professionals, nice, friendly and fun to watch. Always serve with a smile!!
Ok, you don't get brand liquor. But I was not there to get drunk, the Dominican beer is good, and if you need that quality drink, bring your own...
This is the true reason I come back to this hotel. ALL of the personnel is extremely nice, the people adress you by name after a day or two, you always get a smile, fast and efficient and very professional service.
Nice evening shows, nice dancers, some funny shows.... Loved it
All together a hotel where you can relax, party at night if you want, get some rest, enjoy and dream of coming back.
To All the people that have negative remarks......
Please what do you expect for the little money you pay. In Europe you get a good breakfast for the same price that you pay for all inclusive here. And obviously you have never been at a 4 star hotel in the US or Europe. In case nobody told you, you cannot compare a 4 star hotel in a third world country and Europe. And do not forget, the average income in the Dominican republic is about 150-200 dollars a month, would YOU work as devoted as they do for that money? So stop complaining or stay home. Get real, what do you expect.... The way YOU treat people, the same way THEY will treat you. Respect the hard work, the organization and the good will of people when things don't go so well...
Last negative remarks....
There is a timeshare company at this hotel, trying to sell to the hotel guests. This is annoying.
Safe... Why is it not included ? I would rather pay a bit more before income, and then have a truly all inclusive vacation.
WIFI... Should be included.... Is way to expensive... A good hotel should offer this free of charge !!!! I am always angry at this, you need Internet and this is a rip off!! The hotel has a lot of competition and this is something that might influence your decision for a different hotel with WIFI included. We live in the 21st century and this should be changed!
But I will come back and buy my wifi with the local telephone company. ... Or next time the hotel can surprise me....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata
- Be Live Collection Marien Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata