Be Live Collection Marien
US$205
US$199
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$154
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$141
  • Pool
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$303
US$244
  • Breakfast included
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$132
US$169
US$131
  • Pool
US$198
Travelocity
PlayaBachata Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$97
TripAdvisor
4,495 results
All reviewsgrand mariensnack bardanny boygourmet restaurantspaghettientertainment staffdominican republica la carte restaurantsocean viewkids clubgreat resortrecommend this resortwater polopunta canaother resortsbeach volleyballa lot of fun
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our Family Vacation was from December 16th 2013 -December 24th 2013

We must say that hands down this is the best resort that we have been to in Puerto Plata. My wife and I have travelled several times now to Puerto Plata and have stayed in most of the resorts, but this time we took our 4 children ages 10-16 and it was Fantastic for both the children and ourselves.
Couldn't have asked for a better groomed resort, the entertainment staff and servers were just Great.
We don't have anything negative at all to say about this resort.
All the Negative reviews you hear on Trip Advisor is all wrong, all negative reviews we thought of while here and cant understand why any of this would be said.

There is one negative comment we will talk about but not sure whether to blame the resort or Trip Central... We were guaranteed joining rooms (2 Adults & 4 Children) so our family was side by side and this did not happen at first. I tried to complain but the only way that we were able to have joining rooms was for us to pay $400.00 extra to upgrade the rooms so that they were joining. We paid ! The rooms were just amazing though !

The food was great so whom ever complains about it should just relax, I cant remember the guys name from the Brazilian and wish I could because he was AWESOME. He made it exciting for our children with all the different styles of meats. He would tell them that it was Crocodile, Kangaroo, Elephant and it just made the dinner fabulous. I tipped him a $20 American that's how great he was.

I don't really know what more to say other then GREAT JOB GUYS !!! We will see you all again in October. We will never go to another resort in Puerto Plata again unless it is the OUTSTANDING Be Live Grand Marien.

Be Sure to try the Full Body Deep Tissue Massage at the Spa as well. I did 2 times and my wife once.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

Room Tip: The whole resort is amazing !!!
10  Thank mikehobbins
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Compare to some of the resorts in Punta Cana, this one is small. The resort is clean overall. The humidity is very high when I visited in December. I have to leave the aircontioner on most of the time to keep the room dry, but it is very cold to me. Some light fixtures have rust on it. The air conditioner is quite, but some of the condensed water drops to the floor from ceiling.
Most of the stuff are friendly. It is easier to communicate using Spanish. The chairs around the pool are taken quickly. I asked the stuff if they can bring more because they have a lot of unused chairs in the nearby storage place. they simply said to get up early or grab one from beach. Not very nice. I thought 9am is not late for a vacation in resort, and although the beach is not far, who want to drag a chair to the pool? Plus, the chairs along the beach are also taken quickly in the morning.
There are three restaurants in the resort. I went to two of them. The Mexican one is not for my family. We ordered beef, port, and fish. All of the meat is made so hard that I thought a saw is needed rather than a knife. The Gourmet one is good. Buffet lunch is so so, but diner is good.
There are a lot of mosquitoes. I did not see many when I was in Punta Cana on last trip. Bring some bug spry, or buy in resort store for double price.
There are locals selling stuff near the buffet and on the beach. Tell them no and they won't bother you. Some resort people selling things for the resort are actually more annoying than the locals.
I scheduled some excursions myself. You can do through resort at higher price.

3  Thank Jack5243
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just returned yesterday from the Be Live, Dec 23 thru Dec 30 2013. We had a room that opened on to the beach, it had its own little fenced back yard. The beach was very clean, if you walked off the property via the beach, you did find garbage that had been washed ashore. There was 1 buffet, very good, 3 a la carte restaurants, also very good and 1 snack bar right next to the beach (they also kept the sand by snack bar wet,to stop sand from being blown into seating area), very good snacks. The pool is really big and had zero entry at both ends for kids or elderly people. They played games by the pool every day. The "animation" team very fantastic at keeping everyone happy. Let me tell you, the staff at this hotel are always smiling and very polite and helpful. Most of them speak many languages. Our room was a Superior Deluxe Ocean View, upgrade to this if you can. The disco which is located at the front of the hotel never interferes with sleeping. Guest services helped us rent a car and help me get medical attention for my husband ( nervous flyer). We also bought internet service, $ 25 for 25 hours or $60 unlimited. We also needed to find an ATM machine, the hotel drove us to another property to find one....no charge. The hotel employs staff that constantly clean the grass, walkway and pool, so there is never any garbage anywhere. Both check in and check out went very smoothly. Maid service in this hotel is great, room always clean, lots of towels and fridge always stocked with beer, soft drinks and water. You also have coffee maker in your room. I really can't say anything bad about this place.....I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples and families ( there is a kids friendly play area too). We will return here again! Thank you to all the staff at the Be Live Grand Marien in DR.....Happy New Year!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lorna C
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our family stayed here for a night having come from the Nicolas Ovando in Santo Domingo and waiting for our rooms the following day at the nearby Casa Colonial. We did not have high hopes for the Be Live and we were not disappointed. The reception area, staffed by glamorous young ladies, was fine, but from then on it was all downhill. The room was dank and musty, the beach was covered in litter and there were constant loud activities going on the pool area. The tennis pro and the clay courts were the best things on the resort. The worst was the extortionate fee of $ 25 per day for wifi service.

2  Thank nikspix
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Have travelled to many places down south and thought we would give this resort a try. Never stayed in this part of the DR before, and will most likely not be returning. The beach at this resort was the biggest down fall. We planned a trip south to soak up the sun and enjoy the beach. We didn't even get to go into the water once during our stay. The beach was covered in broken glass, garbage etc. The water access that is available was more sea weed then sand. Not so much the resort fault, but turn off for us. The pool at the resort was not bad though, big and lots of room to swim without running into anyone. There was daily activities near the pool as well. The nightly entertainment was not great. Was hoping for some guest interactive shows which are always hilarious. We went to two shows but didn't stay very long. The rooms were average and clean. However, my mothers Guess watch was stolen from her room (dumb idea to have brought that along anyway) but just be sure to lock anything of value up! This resort is located on the very end of the beach & has a fence to block any locals from sneaking on the resort. It is also patrolled by security who carries a huge gun strapped to his chest. We spoke with him one night and he said that the locals do try to jump the fence and happens at least once a week. Never seen or heard anything and our room was located right next to the fence facing the beach. The food was not the greatest. Have eaten better food in Cuba then here, however the snack bar sells hotdogs, fries, and pizza which were all really good. The disco was fun! They played a lot of their music, but also mixed it up a bit which was greatly appreciated. Overall, the resort was small which we liked, a little run down but it is the DR so what do you expect. However, would never return to this resort or this part of the DR, it very dirty.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family