“Very Kind People, Had fun..”

Puerto Plata Village Resort
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Toronto, Canada
“Very Kind People, Had fun..”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Ok This Review is extremely over due, I just found this site since im going on another vacation. I came here about 10 years ago 2002 (I was 18). Im guessing it has changed alot since? Mabey not. Anyways I remember it being relaxing and the staff was very kind and friendly. Even if you didnt tip them everyday. I did tip the bar tender 10 dollars the minuate i first arrived at the bar, forgetting it was all inclusive. When he took the 10 he had a huge smile on his face and handed me my Presidente beer (Best beer in the world!). I played it off as if i meant to tip him that amount, and smiled back. He kept the drinks flowing after that for my whole stay lol. The swim up bar was really nice and relaxing as well. The disco was a little boring mabey about 4-10 people per night would show up. I remember there was a club called "Crazy Moon" that was PACKED almost every night located in the plaza, They played top 40, hip hop , reggaeton, etc. I heard they changed the name of it now. The food was ok, enough to keep me full but sometime got repetitive, theres a pizza hut that delivers too if you want something else....

The hotel was a little old but clean, well maintained, clean room. I probably wouldnt return as i would go for somthing higher end, now that im 28 lol, but it was nice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank GTA_Finest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
ottawa
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Nice place if you like to be laid back and do nothing.
check in staff are not to acommedating. I tried to upgrade my room, and they said nothing was available, even though the hotel was half empty
The rest of the staff were fantastic always remenbering your name and saying hi to you everytime you seen them. Food was basic but good. They have a shuttle to take you to the beach every 10 minutes and pick up. there is a snack bar at the beach for booze and light snacks through the day wich is included with your stay, also 2 times a week the buffet resturant is closed and they have their full course meals at the beach. i did not like that part, i think they should of had both places open.
It is a older crowd at this resort so don't expect to party theiir all night long.
Like i said good place if you don;t want to do anything.
You can book excursions at the front desk
3 bars that also includes the swim up bar, pool was big and great.

Room Tip: make sure you book the upgrade before you get their, All rooms are simalar, views of nothing at all
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mike p
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is a great hotel if you want to explore the area of Puerto Plata, Ocean World, Cabarete, etc.
It has the basic amenities you need: AC, Clean Bed and Bath, a pool, free internet, etc. The food is good but simple.. Service is very very good, very friendly staff, they make you feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank alejandraoliver
London
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year for a week. It has been sometime but I like to share my views with you regarding this hotel.

The hotel is pretty basic but you get what you pay for. We chose this hotel because of the price and to be honest it does offer 3 star Caribbean quality. Hotel grounds are in good shape and the staff is doign their best to help ypu enjoy your time. There is a nice pool area with average quality drinks on offer with the all inclusive. The hotel is very close to local amenities like the Plaza and there are few good night clubs nearby.

Although the beach is all right its not the pristine caribbean sea/sand that I was used to and it is about 6-7 minutes walking from the hotel. But you can jump on the golf cars which will take you there in a very short time. The food is very average and the rooms are dated.

I would only recommend this hotel if you are looking for a budget caribbean break. To be honest I dont think I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cihan
Mount Vernon, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Bf and I went during the off season, which was nice - not too many tourists, kids, etc. We ended up at the pool every day (there is only one large pool and a 3ft deep kiddie pool). As I mentioned earlier, this was the off season, so it was pretty much empty. I can't imagine how crowded it gets during the peak season with ONE pool. The rooms are a bit outdated and the walls a bit thin. We could hear housekeeping banging around in the room next to ours. Watch out for the ants at night. We found them coming in thru the BR window every night. Food was just alright. We had buffet style food for all 3 meals during our 4 day stay. Needless to say, we were sick of the food by our 2nd lunch. Also, the drinks are super WEAK and sugary.
The staff is very accommodating, except for one person in particular. I had asked him for a napkin (knowing he spoke English very well) and he pretended like he didn't understand a word I was saying. He and the bartender actually started laughing like it was some great joke of theirs. On numerous occasions I'd seen him talking to the guests. Apparently the only time he speaks English is if you're a single female.
I really wanted to like this resort. If I hadn't been with my bf I probably would've had a horrible time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jessica C
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Just return from our trip and found this to be an excellent vacation. We had a master suite and while the furniture was very 70's it was comfortable. As this was the "off" season, only the buffet was serving. the food was good and varied. The service of the entire staff was excellent. both friendly and professional. The property is clean but could have used some repairs in some areas of the walk way. The beds were firm and the pillows were decent. The only complaint is that housekeeping never left a full set of towels, we called for what we needed and it was delivered promptly. We had a day when the AC would not turn on and a call to the desk sent maintenance out in minutes. The resort offered spa services that were wonderful and very reasonable. There are excursions available and we took the city tour. There were activities through out the day near the pool area. But should you wish to just chill by the pool, you were not out of place with any who chose to participate in the activities.

Room Tip: the master suite was very large with a sitting area and a kitchenette I did not see the regular roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Deena K
Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Amazing resort from the beginning, very welcoming and competent reception staff, always helpful. The rooms were basic but cleaned daily, hot water, ac and a good size room. Bar and waiters were extremely helpful and always served with a smile,well dressed and polite. The food was a good selection and the chef made extra effort to prepare vegetarian meals when requested, thank you. The animation team were great and we loved every moment of it, however i am sure during the busy season they would do a lot more. Loved the pool, the beach and the shuttle service, the hotel rep charles for the sea pro tours was extremely helpful and he did offer us extra value deals for our excursions.... Loved everything about the hotel and will definately go back soon

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends