I have just returned from the Bachata with my boyfriend after 2 fantastic weeks and can only say ignore the poor reviews - i went to Cuba 2 years ago and this was miles better!
The hotel is great a fantastic location as it is a private resort so no pestering on the beach - was told the beach in Playa Dorada was a nightmare for this. The staff can not do enough for you and ok the rooms are a little dated but they are cleaned every day with clean towels and bedding - and who wants to stay in your room anyway?!
The food is really good with lots of choice recommend the buffet restaurant near the pool bar for lunch - more choice. The two theme restaurants are really good and u can go as many times as you want they dont check!
The pool does get quite lively and my boyfriend and i spent more time on the beach lots of shady areas for when its really hot! I dont know why people say the beach is poor its lovely and peaceful and if u go towards the Mambo its bigger.
Yes the invasion of the locals is not the best but we seemed to avoid the worst of it as we booked trips for the friday and saturday and also booked the seperate restaurants so avoided the hoardes at the buffet restaurant!
The trips are expensive but we loved them especially Paradise Island, Rafting, Ocean World and our surprise fav the horse riding!! DO NOT do deep sea fishing Its a con and nobody catches - my boyfriend was in a minority that did but as a keen fisherman he definately didnt get his monies worth!
So would i recommend this hotel - definately! At the end of the day its what u make of your holiday and we certainly had an amazing time:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata