ClubHotel Riu Bachata
  • Restaurant
Heavens Coral(Puerto Plata)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
ClubHotel Riu Mambo(Puerto Plata)
Hotel Condado(Puerto Plata)
5,622 results
All reviewsbikini barevery other daytwo weekscaribbean streetanimation teammain restaurantmini bardominican republicthomson repswater shoesmeringuegreat holidaythemed nightsplenty of sunbedssister hotelparadise islandsafe key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed here Nov.22-29, 2011. Our room was nice and clean. We were in room 328...I think lol. It faced the inlet and we could see the gazebo. We were there for a Humanitarian Build.
Food - Breakfast and lunch were the same thing on the buffet everyday. There was a wide variety and you will not go hungry, but it was kind of boring. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant and again disappointed. The salad looked like the one I made for lunch from the buffet. Now, this is rated at a 4* star and I do realize where we were, but I have never tasted wine that bad in quite some time. If you eat in the two specialty restaurants your choice of alcholic beverages are beer or their wine. We asked for a mojito and was told they couldn't get us one. We had to go to the bar outside of the restaurant and get it ourselves! Really?

Staff- Wonderful....did not see one unhappy face! Everyone was very helpful and courteous.

I think the resort did a wonderful job of accommodating all 189 of us that were there for the Humanitarian Build, but I would not return on my own.

Oh and to the gentleman that was so kind to throw up in the pool and close it down for the day....thanks! Oh yeah....careful where the shows take place, the roof collapsed the second day we were there and another person said that it collapsed the week before also?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank czechmate1ca
Reviewed 6 December 2011

amazing food, and i am fussy! amazing animation team always happy! pacha is a really good nightclub and a brilliant idea to have it on site. staff were really good especially raymon in the resturant! the swim up bar was amazing and the pools were not too hot or too cold! Definately the best out of the three (bachata, mambo & meringue!). DEFINATELY want to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Jesspiff
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We attended in Mid November, My Mom & I...

Hotel/Rooms: The resort is beautiful. Though we'd requested a water view and received primarily a palm tree view, it was still better than others. The rooms were consistantly clean, with fresh flowers added hear and there every day. The beds were a little flat, but did the job.
Food/Drinks: The bar didn't make consistant drinks and the food seemed very bland. The best food was local cuisine. I ate a lot of beans & rice, but at least it had flavor! Reservations for the sit down dinners cost you nothing more and are worth it! If you are a wine drinker... white, blush, red... they all tasted the same, almost like vinigar, but if you've had a few to drink earlier in the day, you wont notice as much.

Service: Staff is extreamely nice and consistantly goes above and beyond the usual

Entertainment: Plenty of scheduled pool & beach activities to mingle with other guests. The shows were ok. I had to laugh on "Latin Night" when they jitterbugged to Elvis though. The Michael Jackson show was the best. The casino was too small to waiste my time in and the Night Club is only popular and attended on Friday and Saturdays.

Note from previous read reviews: We had mild issues with the A/C. Make sure your patio door is shut tight, locked & drapes closed and you will have no issues. We did have an issue with cable out for about 20mins one night, but with all but one station in spanish, we didn't really care. We also had a plumbing issue one night, but after calling the front desk to notify them, it was quickly resolved. It is not a place for singles, unless you are with a large group. Most of the guests are couples and on holiday from Europe.

Room Tip: Best views are overlooking the bay and not the pool, but may require a little more walking.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Nellie2280
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This is my second visit to the Bachata having had a good holiday last year. This year on arrival one of the pools was closed and under repair, which is fair enough as standards, need to be maintained. After 2 days we asked to change rooms as our air conditioning was u/s and staff failed to fix it. The poolside restaurant due to under occupancy we were told was closed leaving the main restaurant as the only available restaurant to eat. This is rubbish as they closed it last year at this time.

Now the major problems.

For 3 days the Hotel hosted a hairdressing conference for approx 500 Dominicans the adults attended the conference leaving the children and young adults to run wild around the pool and Hotel, beach towels were stolen and I would rate the Hotel as no more than a 2 star during this period.

The next week 210 Canadians arrived to take part in a worthy cause to build houses for the Dominicans this I have no problems with, until they attend the restaurant for breakfast in working boots jeans and tea shirts covered in cement, I don’t call that reasonable standards of dress. I could call in a transport cafe on the M6 and experience the same standards but don’t expect them in a Rio Hotel. On their return from work they would attend the bar playing a ghetto blaster loudly and dancing on the bar. Oh and by the way would you believe that they managed to reopen the poolside bar on a night so they could party? (Sorry must be jealous wasn’t invited)

The Hotel had a roof collapse in the main entertainments hall leaving it with one bar most evenings to serve all the Hotel clients.

I feel that the facilities offered by this Hotel in brochures and on the internet are totally misleading and i would not recommend it to anyone

Won’t be going back.

Room Tip: Sea view blocks 1,2,3 facing =the bay
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank keithe720
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We visited Riu Bachata and had a great time! It rained the whole week but our spirits weren't dampened! The staff were friendly and lots of fun! Would go back to this complex, so much to do!

Enjoy!