we have previously been to this resort 8years ago and have just returned from yet a great holiday. the resort is great, its got everything for a great holiday. we decided to stay at the bachata cos the dining room is nicer - its got air con and generally is newer and brighter - not so much like butlins. the food was good, the drinks were good, we drink caprinia cocktails which they made with limes everytime and usually we get fobbed off with lemons - not the same
the shows at night werent very good but saying that there was always something to watch or do and our weather was awful the first week when we were there.we didnt see the sun for 6 days and it rained alot but it didnt spoil anything.
the problem is people go on holiday here expecting a caribean white sand and blue sea beach but you dont get that here - its the atlantic - it is still a lovely beach in its own right although you do need beach shoes.
looking at previous reviews people go on holiday to moan - for goodness sake you are only on holiday for a short time - enjoy and make the most of it! look around you - you are in a lovely place - sun and palmtrees and great staff that work so hard.
one extra plea i have is that there is a sandy coloured dog on the beach that stayed with us our whole holiday - please if you go feed her and put water down for her - she is gorgeous and wants love. i fetched chicken from the snack bar and water and a bowl everyday. we called her mollie. she was waiting for us everyday - i so much wanted to take her home in my bag!!
this isnt a 5 star resort but its got a great feel and is brilliant value for money - i would recommed it anyday and the locals werent any trouble while we were there. they were there to enjoy their weekend like anyone elsex
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata