I was at this resort from Nov. 18 to 25 and thought it was terrific. It is spotless and many workers are working hard to maintain this resort. From the rooms to the grounds to the dining room and pool, the place is immaculate.
I had no problem with the food. I really enjoyed it. Yes, it is a buffet, but they have different special dishes each night from a different country (look for the country flag in the dining room to know what one). And the food is always fresh. Large refrigerated metal display tables keep things like salad cold. Loved the fruit smoothies at breakfast blended on the spot.
I found the staff friendly and attentive. I was there with my mother and one morning she left her sweater at the table at breakfast. At noon we checked with the reception, and sure enough somone had turned it in and they gave it back to her.
The setting is lovely. No vendors on the beach, lots of trees to give shade, even on the beach. I swam at the beachfront at the Bachata and enjoyed it without water shoes, but the shore is a bit corally there. It's better in front of Riu Merengue.
I highly recommend this place! Some tips:
Our room's alarm clock was in a difficult place to see from the bed. I'd suggest bringing a portable alarm clock. They didn't provide facecloths (although I didn't ask for one) so suggest you bring a couple. There is a handy pull-out drying rack on the balcony, and I wished I had brought a few clothespins. Finally, i saw people who had brought insulated mugs, which would have been handy for coffee, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Holiday Gems, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata