firstly booking in and out was the best ive ever seen got to the hotel on a coach full of families.told them our names and were given an envelope with wrist bands room keys safe keys and stickers for cases put stickers on cases and then went to our room with hand luggage to freshen up cases followed with a porter shortley after.
rooms were all you needed big bed enogh wardrobe space and drawers for two easily ,fridge and drinks dispenser,fridge had beers and mixers and water replaced regularly.
food in the normal restaurant was quite good for an a/i,the al a carte restaurants were italian and steak-house the italian was o/k but wasnt really italian the steak-house was really good.
used the beach more than the pool because of the cooling breeze on the beech it would have been to hot round the pool for me unless id have been under a brolly.the beach was very good because you have got quite a long beach to use because it stretches along to were the mambo used to be
the entertainment team work very hard to keep everyone entertained all day with various games and allin all do a really good job.entertainment on a night is quite good but gets a bit samey after a few days,but that usually happens.might have been better if they hadnt played merangey dance music all the time.
the staff were incredible while we wre there we had a lot of rain for a week and the staff worked harder than normal just to keep the tiled floors safe to walk on,they were constantly mopping them.
all in all we had a really good time and we would go back,but theres always somewhere else to go,but anyone who goes here should enjoy it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Bachata is open all year round, is located in the RIU Resort right on the natural Bahía Maimón beach and next to the ClubHotel Riu Merengue. The RIU Resort features a Caribbean Street with several shops, Wellness Centre and gym. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Puerto Plata (9 km) and Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP) is approx. 25 km away. The hotel has 610 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax with a massage at our Renova Spa or get in shape at our gym. 2 outdoor pools, 1 children’s pool. For the youngest guests there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old) and for adults, day and evening entertainment as well as Riu Pacha Club and the El Millón Casino. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Italian and Steakhouse or Caribbean cuisine, 4 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata