Flight with first choice was smooth no issues at all really nice plane, service was good and was on time both ways.
Puerto plata airport was good as well, well organised and very quick, we were on the bus about 30 minutes after we had landed. Transfer was about 40 minutes you get to see a bit of the city which is a real eye opener.
Check in was again really quick you get an envelope with all info in and some stickers to stick on your cases which get bought to your room 10 minutes after you.
Rooms were all pretty much the same only two beds in each room they will put another in the room if needed, free safe, free minibar, free optics, free umbrella. The room was a nice room nothing really special but comfortable, television was not up to much we could not find any English channels but we did not go on holiday to watch tv.
Hotel was really good clean, antibacterial spray everywhere, the hotel is in a complex of 3 Rui and you can use all facilities in all 3, all on the beach which is beautiful, the hotel is massive and you have a nice walk along all 3. So many bars and snack bars we only tried a few though but we found them all to be of a very high standard. Pools were all good cleaned everyday, had to get up early for a sunbed but that's half the fun.
Food and drink all good, buy a insulated mug when you are there as the little plastic cups are not up to much we bought on the last day and we were annoyed we did not buy them on day 1, they kept the drinks nice and chilled and the wife had a very hot cup on tea in the morning, she says you should take some tetely with you as the tea bags ain't up to much.
Breakfast pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs,all the usual stuff.
Dinners burgers they are pink inside but it soya so does not go brown. Pizza, chips, sandwiches, hotdogs, loads of other different stuff.
Tea all of the above plus things like chilli, fajitas, mash potatoes, loads of meat dishes, soups, all meals were very good.
Al la cartes we only had the steakhouse and it was really good, t bone steak, half a chicken, fillet steak all cooked and bought to your table.
Staff all really nice could not do enough for you, Fredich helped us when we were there to organise a special meal for our girls 8th birthday and he was very professional and very friendly and the minibar man was good at his job he is supposed to fill up every other day but if you see him have a chat and he will sort you what you need again a very nice man who knows what customer service is all about.
Dominican its a beautiful place, the people are great and the surroundings are just unbelievable. Palm trees, coconuts, bananas, lizards running around, golden sands, blue oceans, and the sunshine 30 degrees, we arrived back into Manchester and it was 1 degree.
We went on three trips, jungle safari which was brilliant, Paridise Island which was good, and the dolphin encounter at Oceanworld which the kids and us enjoyed very much.
It was safe to go out the complex have a walk, would not advise to drive or get on a scooter as the roads were crazy I felt safe on a big bus.
Overall it was heaven and we are planning to get back as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata