“Riu is better for couples”

ClubHotel Riu Bachata
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Brooklyn, New York
“Riu is better for couples”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Riu Bachata is a very good hotel. It has a huge swimming pool, the front desk is attentive, the rooms are nice and the balconies are accomodating. I went with my parents and brother and while it was a nice trip I felt that this place was better for couples. It wasn't easy to meet others and no one told us about any methods to get outside of the resort. It turns out there is a bus that can take you into town but no one tells you that. The wifi is good in room and at the lobby (in room you have to pay for and at the lobby you must use it for 90 consecutive minutes per day and if you don't use it then you lose it). They had very good bartenders who were excellent at their jobs, the restaurants were good (don't eat the hamburgers they taste funny or the steak which is dry) and the casino (while small) was cute. If you plan on going to Puerto Plata ask about buses to take you into town and small clubs you should go to because the onsite club will rob you over alcohol prices.

Room Tip: we had room 1420 and while it faced the balconies on the other side it was kept away from noise.
4 Thank brendaf007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,047)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed 9 April 2013

As a first time all-inclusive traveller I booked the RIU Bachata due to the reviews I had seen of the property as well as the reputation the RIU name has when it comes to all-inclusive resorts. Although my week at the resort was very enjoyable, there are several issues I must address in the review in order to help other travellers make a more educated decision about whether or not they wish to stay here.

Introduction:
My flight was one of the last ones into the Puerto Plata airport and our bus arrived at the resort around 9pm at night. On arrival there were some staff members passing around (non-alcoholic) punch to the arriving guests. The room keys, baggage stickers, towel cards, and safe lock/key were being distributed in envelopes. There were only two staff at the welcome table for about 60 guests. A lot of pushing and shoving ensued and there was very little organization to the process. It did not help that the lobby is open to the outside and therefore very humid/hot. The temperature thing would be one of the biggest issues I had with this resort.

Rooms:
I had booked an ocean-view room and previously made a request for one of two buildings at the back of the resort. Being the furthest from the lobby/bars meant I would not have an issue with noise in the evenings. I assume all the ocean-view rooms are the furthest away as the ocean is only visible at the rear of the resort. Each room (excluding the suites) has the same layout. That is, two double beds (pushed together for a king), a small table, two chairs, dresser with LCD TV, and two night tables. The rooms are well sized and it is easy to move around within them. All the rooms have a mini-bar which is restocked every two days with bottled water, regular/diet cola, soda/tonic water, and Presidente beer. Above the mini-bar are 4 liquor dispensers (cheap Dominican brands only). Mine had rum, brandy, vodka, and gin although some people mentioned tequila instead of the gin. I only tried the gin and it was horrific and reminded me of drinking vodka mixed with pine cleaner.
The bathroom is the standard offering with a step-in shower/tub, sink, toilet, and counter with large mirror. To have your towels changed you must put them in the tub or else the maid will hang them up again. Ensure you tip the maid a few bucks a day as they do a very good job of making up the room and some days they included towel-art and small flowers placed throughout the bed/bath rooms.
All rooms have balconies which have two chairs and a small table. A very handy feature I found was the retractable clothes drying rack which can be used to air dry towels/bathing suits. The balcony is narrow but about 15 feet long.
Upon arrival in my room I immediately noticed the room was quite humid and musty. I had no idea how to set/work the thermostat as the numbers/indications were completely worn off. All I could see was a knob and two switches. They sent a technician up who indicated the system was running and blowing “cool” air. The issue continued for two days until I finally spoke to a manager (Friedrich) who sent a more senior technician up. He managed to get the air blowing a bit colder now after working on it for about half an hour. His thermometer probe read about 19 Celsius which was refreshing compared to the heat/humidity outside but still completely unacceptable for a climate such as that in Puerto Plata. For the rest of the week I managed as my room was considerably cooler upon entering from the outdoors but upon entering the small giftshop in the lobby (which had a better, split-style air conditioning unit) I realized the room’s A/C was very weak in comparison. Upon arriving home I found my clothing and luggage had a musty odour due to the humidity level in the room. From what I could gather the A/C in the room runs off air forced a system which is always on. When you want to cool your room you set your thermostat which causes the blower in your vent system to run. Essentially you are sharing the A/C with the rest of the building. The proper system would have had more A/C units which supply 4-5 rooms each with A/C in a split-system configuration. These systems are ductless and are used in countries where forced-air systems are not practical.

Dining Options:
Guests at the Bachata have the privilege of eating at any of the restaurants on all three of the resorts. For this review I’ll focus on the buffets at the Bachata. There are two a-la-carte options (steakhouse and Italian restaurant) which must be booked between 7 and 10am in the morning. I heard mixed reviews about both but I never tried either as I was on my own.
The largest buffet at the Bachata is the Bahia de Maimon which is located adjacent to the lobby. You are able to eat inside or outside (however the scenery on the terrace is not all that exciting). There are separate stations for hot food, cold salads/fruit, dessert, and drinks (beer, wine, soda, juices, coffee). There is no air conditioning in any of the restaurants and the fans do little to help on hot days. I also noticed that at dinners, the grill stations were poorly ventilated causing the dining areas to become smoky. Even if you go into the restaurant for five minutes your clothes pick up the smell of cooking. This is very unpleasant and combined with the lack of A/C means you may wish to eat outside where it’s somewhat more comfortable. Having open doors/windows also meant the restaurant was visited by several birds which would land on empty tables and walk on the floor. The Bahia de Maimon is open for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Beside the pool is the Restaurant Maracuya which serves lunch and in the evening doubles as the steakhouse and Italian restaurant. The Maracuya (Spanish for passion fruit) has all covered seating however it is also not air conditioned. Lunch offerings are available from one hot buffet, a salad/fruit bar, and a drinks station (beer, wine, soft drinks, juice, coffee).

Food:
When choosing a resort the food quality and offerings are very important to me. When it comes to the food the Bachata was average. Breakfast consisted of several hot dishes (omelette bar, scrambled eggs, crepes/pancakes, ham, bacon, potatoes) and some cold fruit, cheeses, etc. Note that the only time I saw fresh coffee available was at breakfast. In my opinion, the highlight of breakfast was the fresh fruit smoothies/juices that were served. The variety at breakfast ensured everyone could find something to eat however the offerings were the same daily (no variation). When it comes to lunch offerings, I’ll comment on both the Bahia de Maimon (BDM) and Maracuya. The BDM offered a substantially larger selection of choices at lunch with several variations each day. Choices included various pastas (cheese, tomato, meat, and herb sauces), grilled meats (chicken, beef, pork), and vegetable entrees. A large fruit/cheese/deli meat and dessert bar was also available. Offerings at the Maracuya were similar although there was less variety compared to the BDM and very little variety between the days. It is also worth mentioning that several times during the week a pool or beach side lunch was prepared for guests. During my stay we had a beach barbeque with grilled chicken, rice, salad, and pork hot dogs, another day a seafood noodle stir-fry, and another a seafood paella. These lunches were really enjoyable as we got to enjoy seeing the food freshly prepared in front of us. Dinner time offerings were the most varied of all the meals served. Twice per week they do a theme night, in our case it was Chinese and Mexican. Regular dinner offerings always included one specialty dish (seafood stew, Chinese style beef stir-fry, etc) as well as several beef, chicken, and pork offerings, a few types of vegetable dishes, pastas, and at least one “Dominican Specialty” which was usually some sort of deep fried dumpling or cheese. A full selection of cold salads and desserts was offered. By far my favourite dinner was the Mexican night due to the tasty fajitas, chilli con carne, and hard/soft tacos. I also really enjoyed the dessert selection at dinner, especially the three layer chocolate cake and caramel flan. The buffet dinner service is only offered in the Bahia de Maimon dining room.
Drinks are available throughout the resort at all hours of the day or night. There are three bars; the Bikini which is located in front of the lobby, the Carumba located beside the stage/lobby area, and Los Lirios near the pool which functions as both a walk-up and swim-up bar. A variety of frozen cocktails are available (pina coladas, daiquiris, and difference specialty drinks each day) as well as soda, coffee, and draft beer are available at each bar. Most of the frozen drinks are non-alcoholic so you must request they add your choice of alcoholic when ordering. The liquor is domestic-branded and they will make the drink as light or strong as you wish. It is also worth noting that self-serve draft beer and wine are available in all the restaurants during operating hours.

Activities:
On the resort activities run from 11am till 11pm. All the activities from 11am till 5pm are based around the pool areas and the beach. Each day there were things like beach volleyball tournaments, ping pong, darts, dancing lessons, aquatic dance, and a different “crazy game” (beer drinking contest, shuffleboard, etc). I would not say that the daytime activities could keep you busy all day however it was an enjoyable way to break up your time on the beach, in the pool, or on the deck area. The night time entertainment usually consists of a champion’s roll call for all the winners of the pool/beach activities and then a show involving dancing, singing, magic, or karaoke. The shows are not exactly “professional quality” but still entertaining for what they’re worth. All of the evening entertainment takes place around the stage area and “Bikini” bar near the lobby. It was very enjoyable to sit outside in the evening enjoying the entertainment with a drink in hand and a fresh one only steps away. Evening entertainment runs from about 8pm till 11pm and there is usually some sort of life music before/after the stage shows. All of the daytime activities and some of the night-time ones are run by the Animation team who were extremely energetic. The animation team works very hard to keep the guests entertained and I saw several team members working at 11am and again in the evening at 9pm.
For an extra cost excursions off the resort can be booked through your travel company representative who sits in the lobby at a designated desk. I did not partake in any of the excursions however the ones I saw offered included a jungle safari, ATV/off road vehicle tours, sailing trips to “Paradise Island”, and several tours to local cities (Sousa, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, etc).

Service/Cleanliness:
Throughout my week at the Bachata I did not encounter any issues with quality of service regardless of how much I tipped. All of the staff I dealt with (maintenance workers, maids, wait staff, bartenders, etc) were very friendly and worked hard to please. For this reason I rewarded many with generous tips throughout my stay. Some of the employees look like they really need the extra money to support their families and try very hard to please guests in order to get tips. No staff at the resort demanded or asked for tips or extra money however their actions deserved what I gave them. Most of the front-line staff (waitstaff, bartenders, and the animation team) spoke very good English with some even speaking basic French and German in addition to their native Spanish. My guess is that RIU pays for them to take courses to learn conversational skills in the most common languages at the resort (German and French being the most common other than English).
Cleanliness at the resort was great and maid staff was constantly cleaning floors, emptying ashtrays, removing plates/glasses, and wiping tables. The lobby as well as all bathrooms and bar areas were nearly spotless at all hours. The floors in my room were washed daily and fresh flowers arranged throughout. Only once did I get a towel swan however that did not matter to me.

Overall:
With the RIU Bachata being my first ever all-inclusive and Caribbean vacation destination I would say the resort fulfilled my goals however there were several issues which will make be seriously consider whether or not I will return to this specific RIU. The two biggest issues were the lack of proper air conditioning in the room/building I was in as well as in the main dinner buffet. I feel that when temperatures are in the high 20s (Celsius) it is simply not acceptable to have such little or non-existent air conditioning. When I am outside in the open areas there is at least a breeze or shade however in a large dining room you have heat coming from the cooking areas as well as from the outside due to the doors being left open. Open doors also allow flies and birds to enter which is extremely unsanitary for an area where food is being prepared and served. Despite these issues, my overall impression of the resort was a positive one. It is very clear that the staff work hard to keep the property looking it’s best and that is very important especially when the property carries the RIU name. The resort is classified as a 4.5 to 5 star which is based on a different standard than I am used to as a North American. If the necessary improvements are made in the areas I have outlined the resort would really be a top-notch spot.

Room Tip: Check to ensure the air conditioning works properly in your room upon arrival and stay away from the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank avi8rjosh
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at this all inclusive resort in March, 2013. The price was very reasonable. The resort is spotlessly clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of trees on the beach, so it wasn't always easy to find a sunny spot. The pools were great, very clean. We did not find them to be noisy. The only complaint was the food. Very bland, it all tasted the same. And the wine was awful! I was with a large group and we had a good time. The Steakhouse was good. We did not try the Italian restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the bar area
2 Thank likestotravel49
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We just got back from a week at the Riu Bachata after going for my 30th birthday with my partner and 2 friends. This was our 4th time in the Dominican, having stayed at the Gran Ventana 3 times previously. We flew with SunWing which was a huge mistake so avoid them at all costs. Few weeks before departure we were sent an email saying our departure time had changed from 6:20 am in Toronto to 10:30am which we thought was great since more sleep. The night before when trying to check in, we noticed the email at the very bottom now said "Via Montego Bay Jamaica" and that it was now 8 hours of travel time. The Sunwing website made zero mention of this saying just Depart Toronto 10:00am arrive Puerto Plata 5:00pm. We called Sunwing and were told it's in the Terms and Conditions and that we agreed to them and that there's no compensation. I've never had an airline just add a stop over without any discount before and from talking to other passengers it's apparently something that happens all the time with them. Also all 4 of us paid in advance for our seats to be together, but at the airport I was sitting separate. I told them I had paid for my seat and the check in guy told me sometimes they move people around if other people request to be sat together! Dumbest thing I've ever heard, is that not why you PAY in advance, where as if you'd rather not pay then you just hope for the best? The annoying part was he kept laughing it off. I'd ask how I get my money back, and ask if I call Sunwing when I get home or if I talk to someone there and he'd just kind of chuckle and ignore me.

I found the Gran Ventana to be a much nicer resort than this one. The Bachata is one of 3 Riu's all part of the same complex in pretty much a private area. Check in was very easy which was great, as they had a table out with everyones keys in an envelope, so no lining up at the front desk. Our room was ready of course since it was 5pm. We had an ocean view room which was nice as the view is amazing looking out to the mountains on the other side of the inlet. While we did have a great trip, we had a lot of small things that seemed a bit off that I wanted to mention here. I think it's easiest to break it down into Pro's and Cons:

Cons:
- I didn't find the staff friendly. There's free wifi in the lobby or you can pay to have it in your room. When we were in the lobby it clearly showed the Free wifi as a network on my iPhone, as well as the Premium. When we got to our room, no networks came up. Not on my iPhone, my laptop or anyone else's. We called the front desk and were told you have to pay for it in your room, which we knew, but we tried to tell them there's no signal in the room. They said the signal appears once you pay, which is nonsense as all 4 of us work for Bell Canada so selling Internet is all we do all day. As soon as we'd go on our balcony, we'd get signal but the front desk just told us to come down to the front desk and they would show us how to use it instead of sending someone to our room or providing any assistance at all, instead just telling us we weren't doing it properly. In the end we paid for it and would just have to sit on the balcony to use it, as in the room we had no service. Note the Pro below though as well as I do have good things about the Internet. When we were checking out as well, we had a guy helping us and then told us we'd get our $10 deposit back for the second key. He then went in the back, comes back out and starts helping someone else. We stood there 5 minutes while he helps other people and finally had to waive for another person to finally get us the deposit back.

- The rooms are nice but the maid service was really spotty. When we checked in we had 2 towels plus 2 hand towels and 1 roll of toilet paper. We always tip leaving a few USD on the pillow each day, but this didn't seem to do anything to help with the room. The next day we had no towels and had to call for them. One day we returned to our room at 6pm and they still hadn't come to clean it, and then at 6:30 they show up. Our wet towels were still in the tub so we asked for new ones and told her we didn't need the room cleaned which she seemed surprised at. To top it off though the next day they came at 8:25am! We were still in bed, and granted we didn't have a DND sign out as someone took it off our door 2 days prior, but she knocked and then literally 2 seconds later starts opening the door. There were a few times we had to call and ask for toilet paper or new towels as they weren't replaced.

- The restaurant staff were rude at first but once we started tipping they were incredibly friendly. When we first got there they asked what we wanted to drink so I ordered a rum and coke. I was told you have to go to the bar for that, and wine and beer only in the restaurant which I haven't seen before. The one nice thing was we tip well so every night they would leave half filled glasses on our table, holding it so no one else could sit there until we arrived which was really nice of them.

- One weird thing in the rooms were that you literally got 2 sheets on the bed and no blanket or comforter. It was fine as luckily our AC did work (you have to keep the door closed, and there's also a light switch by the door to the room that seems to turn off the power to the whole room. Our first night I think we had that off so the AC didn't work then we realized). Not sure if you could get a blanket if you asked but was kind of weird.

- I found the layout odd, as you almost have to walk far for everything. There's 2 large pools that are kidney like shaped and then a main path from the lobby to the rooms. There were several times we would be at the pool and need to use the restroom which involved walking all the way around one pool out to another path then down another, almost back tracking. Not a huge issue but seemed odd.

- The A La Cartes are ridiculous. You have to be up before 7am to book them which unless you're a morning person, you never will be. There's very limited space as well. On my birthday my friend got up and went to reserve the Italian one for us for 8:30. When we got there it was pretty full. The menu though was awful, the appetizer was a salad bar buffet, just like the normal buffet, and had a huge line, since the entire 8:30 sitting was now lining up for it. The main courses as well were some salmon, a chicken thing and I forget the 3rd one but none of them even seemed remotely Italian, like no pasta or anything so we just said forget it and left and went to the buffet.

- The buffet isn't terrible but it's very repetitive, and VERY busy. Never seen a place so busy before. It's really large but it's mostly 2 stations with the same things. None of the food was awful or anything like that, it just was really repetitive and not over the top. I could never handle 2 weeks here as it was the same stuff every day. Some places I've been they seem to change the dinner but here it was maybe 1 dish. The worst was the lines though, as they would have one main item everyone would want, and then a bunch of regular items beside it, so people would all be lining up for the main item while others would cut in to get the other items in between and then just stay in the line or join in random places. Had people cut in front so many times that I ended up giving up waiting a few times.

- The Casino you REALLY have to watch, it's fun but very sketchy. There's nothing to do at night so we would go here. No one ever would win on the slot machines. I put in $20 USD and would max bet and it would lose every single time until I had nothing left. We love Caribbean Stud but the first night we were there we started all winning big time, then suddenly the dealers changed, and every single person would lose every time. I'm going to write a separate review on the Dream Casino on it's actual trip advisor page, but main thing is that we caught them stacking the cards on Caribbean Stud and on Roulette there were a bunch of times that we had to tell them to pay us, as they would pretend that we didn't win and it was only when a few people would point it out that they would pay. Also they would automatically take a tip from your winnings.

- The nightly entertainment I can't really comment on as it seemed to be the same as anywhere else for me. Night times are the reason I had all inclusives and prefer somewhere like Cancun if you want to do one as you can at least go out to a real club or bar. The shows to me were just super annoying, listening to the same techno and spanish music that every resort plays. So just depends what you're into as some reviews say they liked it but it wasn't for us but I heard people on the bus to the airport saying they enjoyed the shows. I think they appeal more to an older crowd as if you were ever somewhere in Toronto and a show like that was on you'd probably leave right away.

Pros:
- The internet! It's free in the lobby but we all paid $40 for a week. It's faster when you pay for it, and the best part is that it works everywhere, except in our room as per the above. But the entire beach was covered, the pool, restaurants etc. So was great to stay in touch with work.

- There's no vendors on the beach like some places. There's the odd woman asking if anyone wants their hair braided but they came to us maybe 3 times in the whole week. Some places I've been it's steady but not here which is great.

- I loved the beach but like others said you should bring water shoes. Almost all the beach is covered in palm trees, but as long as you put your lounger right by the water, you'll have sun all day and don't need move. Other reviews made it sound like you were moving locations 10+ feet but it was more just turning your chair as there's tons of sun, or you can go to the other resort and get sun there.

- This might be a pro or con depending on how you view it but the people that say the drinks are watered down are out of their minds! If only they were! You'd order a vodka soda and they'd pour 3/4 of the glass with Vodka and a splash of soda, same with rum and coke etc. We would order a vodka soda and then dump half into another glass and fill it with soda ourselves. And trust me, the alcohol was very strong, it was not watered down at all.

- They also have cool coffee makers all over the place that can make cappuccino or other types of coffee kind of like a hardcore tassimo. Was nice to make that any time you wanted to although sometimes there were long lines for them.

- The rooms are spaciousous and nice. We had 2 rooms but ours had an actual king bed, but our friends had the 2 doubles pushed together as 1 bed, so just depends but not all kings are beds pushed together. The shower was so so, it's a hand held one but it never aimed out properly so we'd just shower by holding it. It did however allow for a great trick of aiming it out of the shower and leaving the shower mode turned on, so the person you were staying with would get a good charge of water in their face when they'd reach in to turn it on :)

- On my birthday April 1st, there was a beach party. They had tons of chairs out at the beach and a show with a guy that would eat fire and light bulbs and other crazy things, and then had a HUGE bonfire right by the ocean with a live singer which was amazing and really made my night perfect. Sadly it only went on for an hour or so until like 11:15 and then they put out the fire.

The only last thing I'd say is about the tips, we always tip and tip a lot but I found it was weird at this place. We'd always sit in the same table, but then on my birthday we sat by one closer to the water as you could see the beach party from there, but our regular server came and got us and told us we have to sit in our normal spot. We said we wanted to sit there and said we'd still tip him but he was like no and pulled on our arm and made us go sit at our usual spot which really put me in a bad mood. Like I said before as well we'd tip a few dollars to the maid usually $3-5 USD but we would get horrible service. People were joking that the more they would tip the worse the service got. Our friends room always had fresh flowers and figures made out of the towels but we never got that ever. She brought a bunch of candy and left it out for the maid on Easter and while the maid took it plus the tip, she didn't replace any towels or anything either which was odd. I do have to say though, we wanted an inexpensive get away, so this was one of the cheapest "5 stars" we could find, so you do get what you pay for. I know a lot of people would love it, but I think I'm done with the all inclusives for awhile, I prefer going to Florida or Cayman Islands or somewhere that you are more in control over what you do. Oh btw, we didn't do it this time but the Teleferico can't be missed, it's the best excursion. Done it twice before and highly recommend it. I think Sunwing has some kind of exclusivity deal with Riu, but I will never ever travel with them again no matter how cheap it is and will try to make sure everyone I know does the same, really horrible airline.

Room Tip: We were in room 514 which is an Ocean view and worth the upgrade. There's lots of blocks that h...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank leemoreau
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I visited the Riu Bachata on a package holiday with First Choice, in November 2012. Whilst I would not recommend First Choice after the rudeness of the cabin crew supervisor on the flight over, I would recommend the hotel. I would just advise you to go with another tour operator.

The hotel, whilst a little Butlin-esque, is very clean, the food is lovely and the staff are friendly. The staff provide entertainment in the day (by the pool) and in the evening, but you don't need to get involved if you don't want to. The rooms are large and clean and the mini bar and fridge are replenished every 2 days. There are two speciality restaurants - the Steakhouse and the Italian. I didn't think much to the Steakhouse (service or food), but the Italian is worth a visit.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MAMurray
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were a large group of family and friend for a wedding,March19-26. The Sunwing flight was perfect,departed and arrived on time with champagne, hot dinner with wine and bar service. The return flight was the same.
The resort was beautiful with all the attributes that others have mentioned but you can't imagine how hard the staff works to keep every area spotless...I even saw a guy cleaning the lobby ceiling at 6:30 in the morning! The public bathrooms seem to have a cleaner assigned to each of them,even the ones that beach goers use were immaculate.
The details of the wedding were planned Wed morning for a Fri wedding and everything was great. The gazebo was decorated, the flowers were beautiful, We had the reception for 50 in a private section of the Steakhouse, set in a horseshoe with head table for 12. Service was excellent and there was no charge for this. Even provided a 2 tier wedding cake for 50 ppl. at no cost.

We had a wonderful holiday and wedding even the weather was sunny every day. We hung around the Merangue beach, a short walk but worth it as the beach was not rocky there. There was great bar service on the beach and plenty of loungers. Kids activities were close by and there were trees to break the constant sun. We could get food from the Merangue if we didn't feel like the walk back to the Bachata. We sampled a few of the daily special drinks and they were tasty with enough liquor, especially if you had a big travel mug! Most of us found the white wine was fine, especially in the Bikini Bar.

A lovely trip from beginning to end. Would love to return.

Room Tip: 201 was a lovely suite. 629 was an oceanfront view but we got moved as the a/c didn't work.
5 Thank JoAnne18Marie
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We went as part of a wedding party, arranged by the happy couple, Last two weeks of March 2013. The ceremony was organised with great detail by the hotel wedding co-ordinator (a lovely lady,nothing was too much trouble)
The drinks flow as freely as you want, as often as you like, all day and all night, (if that's what you want),from several sites around the complex . Food in the main dining room (all kinds for all tastes) is available 7am up to 10am, 1pm up to 3pm, and from 6.30pm up to 10pm, cafe type food is available from the Maracuya restaurant from 10am up till 6pm, and at all other times snacks are obtained from the Caramba salon bar, rooms are spotless, " all " staff from the gardener s and cleaners to the manager of the hotel respond to any and every (reasonable) question or request. The daily entertaining and involvement of kids and adults by the Animation (entertainments) team is plentiful and often quite funny, they are also the evening entertainment with great creative flair, all have a very pleasant manner and always a friendly smile or a chat.
The Dominicans are a happy, friendly, people, and When buying something, be prepared to haggle. They love it.!

All in all, a very enjoyable fortnight that was over all too soon

2 Thank Edward W
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort
#6 of 39 in Puerto Plata

Been to ClubHotel Riu Bachata? Share your experiences!