While it's certainly not in the category of a luxury resort (either in amenities or price), our family of 12, aged 16 mos to 67 yrs, had a lovely week!
The property is beautiful and well maintained, the rooms are large enough to be comfortable for a family of four, and both the beach and pool have plenty of shade to protect sensitive skin. I loved that we never had to do the early morning scramble to get beach and/or pool lounges!
The food is mediocre and repetitive, but we all seemed to find something to eat. There is always chicken, fish, and pasta that is perfectly acceptable. This is not a place you go for the food.
The liquor is probably watered down. You would really need to consume a lot to get tipsy, but since this wasn't our goal, it was fine. The kids really enjoyed to no-liquor frozen drinks. The in-room refrigerator needs to be refreshed more often, they claim every two days, but that didn't happen. We had to refill our bottles of water from the bar.
The staff is really outstanding, and genuinely tries to accommodate whenever possible. Of course there's the occasional sourpuss, but for the most part they were great. We were celebrating a special birthday, and the staff made sure that our table was decorated with balloons, and brought a lovely cake with celebratory drums and singing. Special thanks to our waiter Antonio, who always tried to provide whatever was needed with a pleasant word and a big smile.
Overall I will say that if you are looking for an affordable all-inclusive for a large family, this is a great place. We all agreed that we would definitely do it again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata