Generally speaking the overall experience is Good. The ressort is attached to the 2 Riu Merenghe that can be acess and where you can eat during the day (other than dinner). That give more alternative and action during our stay.
Beach: orientation north/west, many palm trees create shadow. Not a sandy beach and some rock/coral. The right side of the beach is more interesting.
Food: good but a bit repetitive. Wine is terrible! A la carte resto are ok but you need to reserve earley (7:00) if you want some place.
Staff is great and always caring of the guess.
The place is clean and well maintain.
Cons : there is works in the bay and they hammer the pole from 6 am. This should be resolve soon since the works seems advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata