We stayed in the Riu Bachata in September 2013. The resort is well presented. We went all inclusive and the food was very good. The accommodation was also clean and well presented.
Only two minor issues. If it is a rainy day,there is no point watching TV in your room unless you speak Spanish. Also the holiday companies push the free drinks in the all inclusive deals. This is a con as the spirits ion the resort are cheap local rubbish and the beer is awful. Tasted like alcohol free. Two cans of Stella are allocated to each room each day.
So if you want to relax in the sun and you are not worried about a drink it is a great place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata