We stayed as a family in Riu Bachata 07/07/14-21/07/14 and we had the best time!
Cleanliness-very clean, the maids do a fantastic job of cleaning the rooms and always leave nice little decorations such as towel models. Cleaners are always cleaning even when the area is spotless. However there is sometimes flies around the salad but it is a Caribbean country so that is expected.
Location-beautiful! The hotel is right on the beach and the beach is lovely. It is nice and shady and the sea looks amazing. The red warning flag was up the majority of the time we were there however the sea is much calmer nearer to the meringue. The hotel is relatively close to puerto plata centre however we never took that trip.
Rooms-they are lovely and cool, the fan is very good! The beds are quite hard but I still slept very well every night. There are TVs in the room however there was only 3 English speaking channels- MTV, home&health and CNN news. We were barely in the room but the time we spent in there we couldn't fault.
Food-the main buffet was delicious! There was themed nights which mean there was a large variety of food- Dominican night, Mexican night, Chinese night and more! The beef in the buffet was my favourite. There was also 3 restaurants which required bookings. We only tried the steakhouse and it was amazing!
Service-the restaurant workers do their job well however they could be more friendly and talkative- it is definitely true that they give much better service if you tip! The entertainment team are FANTASTIC! They work such long hours for such little pay. They host activities during the day such as minigolf, darts, water aerobics, horseshoe, crazy games and bingo- from 10am until 5pm. At 8pm they return for the mini disco and night show. We got especially close to spaguetty whom is so funny and amazing and we miss lots! We also got close to Tyson Gigi kitty and Betty boo!
We got back home a few days ago and we are already looking to book for next year!
Do not listen to any bad reviews our holiday was 'excelente'!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata