I always give credit where credit is due & this hotel & its staff deserve credit.
The hotel is SPOTLESS & there are cleaners EVERYWHERE.
All the staff are polite & eager to help. The rooms may need a bit of an update but who goes on holiday to stay in the room? Food was a good standard with something for everyone & well cooked, the steakhouse is the best but you need to book at 7am or you wont get in.
Carribean & italian need to be booked also & are of a good standard.
The bars are well stocked & everything is available without a major wait.
Gripes would be, The beach is stoney as you enter the water & you really could do with sea shoes, the locals come at the weekends & although some are decent the majority are animals & wont hesitate in walking into the front of the line, they like a confrontation aswell so be prepared to stand your ground! We went to Paradise Island & it was a disaster, It cost me $356 for my group & when we got there it was packed, there were about 500 people & it was completely waterlogged, NO sand as in the pictures so you jumped off the boat & had to stand in calf high water, we asked to be brought back after 20 minutes, not worth the money!
Carribean street is a bit of a pain as the shopkeepers try & drag you into the shops & hassel you, be beware that once in a couple of the shops you have to get firm to get out.
Ignore the moaners, this hotel is well worth the visit the staff are all great, its clean & well run.
We were upgraded from the Merengue & thank god, Give it a whirl while your there, you'll realise why Thomson is not accepting bookings there anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata