Scene:When arriving you see the beautiful palm trees and catch a glimpse of the pool and think to yourself wow! the scenary is fantastatic.
Then you arrive to your room. Immediately the smell of cigar hits your nose as if someone were smoking in your room prior to your arrival. (yuck). The shower curtain was dirty and look as if it never were changed. The window curtain reeked of a foul odor. The toilet made whistling noises for minutes at a time(very distracting when trying to sleep). All of the oulets were covered! so any devices such as cameras, cell phones, ipods, etc. could not be charged. The floors were sticky. The bathroom mirrors were dirty as well. The room itself was 90% dust! The only plus were the porch outside of the room.
Although the staff were super friendly. Request such as irons, adapters or anything extra was promised but NEVER resolved.
HORRIBLE! Who goes to Dominican Republic to eat American Foods? No althentic Domican dishes were available. The drinks were watered down.
The beach was beautiful from a far but close up looked more like diaster struck. Their were which seemed like a million rocks in the water. There were more trees then branches on the beach which loss the natural appeal.
Riu Bachata is more a family based resort, so if you are single i wouldnt recommend this resort. The shows were entertaining but there isnt much to do otherwise.
All exclursions were over priced.
Overall, if you just want to get away and your not concerned about cleanliness, great customer service then this is the place for you. Otherwise find another resort and get your money's worth!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata