Arrival was brilliant, we had a cocktail on arrival and check-in was quick.
Room: There's an optik in your rooms (changed every two days) and the size of the room was ample, the maid's are great and make different patterns out of the towels.
Staff: Very friendly (especially to young blondes) but always very happy and helpful.
Food: Slightly bland (and what let the hotel down) plenty of variety but quality nothing special for it's star rating. The gourmet restaurants weren't great and the snack bar wasn't refilled.
Entertainment: Brilliant! An enthusiastic animation team (and what made the week so fantastic! Plenty of activities day and night with great variety!
Cleanliness: Very clean with alcohol gel provided before entering the restaurant and grounds kept well.
Location: Not great. Too far out of town (5miles) for our liking so we felt very restricted to the complex (being two females) But you could always walk to the other two riu hotels or down the otherside to the beach.
Excursions: We travelled with Thomson's and did the outback safari with Jose and Kenny (Great fun) definatley recommended for a fun-filled day of seeing the real dominican and doing body boarding in the afternoon.
The hotel does fill up with locals at weekend's however they are pleasant enough!
Overall it was a good week and the hotel had special touches like special cocktails before dinner and some themed evenings. It also had plenty of facilities on site however it does not live up to it;s 5* rating due to it's food quality and slighty "caravan park" feel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata