My review on the Riu Bachata is mixed. There are good and bad points about my experience.
First of all, we went there to get married and that part of it was beautiful. There were some little things, and big things, that could have made it a lot better though. First of all, when we got to the dinner and we wanted to do some dances with our family, all they had was this little CD player that the volume only went to like 3 and you couldn't hear the music at all, which meant I couldn't dance with my dad on my wedding night. I had already danced with my husband on the beach. they have a beautiful trio that plays after the ceremony.. that was nice.
Overall, it seemed a little rushed and the food at the a la carte steakhouse that night was not good. The beef was not nice, but this is mexico and if you have seen their starving cattle with their bones sticking out as you are driving by.. then you will understand why.
The food was kinda bland, but after a while, I think it would be anywhere.. The rooms were nice.. but I found this huge spider in my bed one night.. and they graciously offered to change our room.. I am a completed spider phobe.. not arachnophobic.. but I get creeped out.
I also sent my clothes to the laundry service and it came back moldy. They didn't do much to remedy that at all. It was all ruined.
The people that worked there were fantastic though. Eurys was my favorite and he worked at the front desk. Loved him. He was such a sweetie.
our maid didn't do much with our room either. We were there on our honeymoon the week after and there was nothing special that made us feel special.
Overall, just remember, we brought 60 people to the resort, but felt like our wedding wasn't that important to them. The co-ordinators were no where to be seen during our dinner reception and there wasn't even any one to talk to about the fact that the CD player wouldnt work. If you want to add any of the traditional things like dancing with your bridal party, dad ect. or MC.. you may want to make sure that they have the audio set up or can set it up for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- ClubHotel Riu Bachata Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata