“Got home yesterday, already looking forward to going back!”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This was the first time I used Cheap Caribbean and my first trip to Dominican Republic. After reading a mix of reviews, I was unsure what to expect. I was beyond pleasantly suprised! Travel from the airport to hotel was simple. Honestly, the most hassle we got for tips the whole time was from the airport workers. The rooms were clean. Fridge was restocked daily. If you were interested in using the in-room safe, it was a $3/day charge. We opted not to and our belongings were safe. The showers did not have curtains which I still dont understand, but a towel on the floor was a simple solution. Not a big deal. Plenty of hot water!! As for the timeshare propositions, we were directed towards VIP world on the first day where they kindly spoke with us about their member options. I did need to repeat my noninterest a few times before I stood up and excused myself. The whole process was about 10 minutes and we got t-shirts and rum out of it! As for the initial meeting, if you're worried about it, don't go. It's not necessary. Just check with the front desk the day before you're scheduled to go home to see what time the shuttle will pick you up.The VIP beach setup was the best I've seen. We did not wake up at 7am to get a "better bed", however the "regular" beds were available whenever we did crawl out of bed. The staff was very friendly, and well deserving of tips. The food was decent, I've had worse at more expensive places!! I looked forward to the buffet for lunch and dinner. We met some other travelers our age and had a blast. We did a tour of the city which was amazing. Be sure to bring your menta (candy) for all the children. I can't say enough good things about this place for the price you pay to stay here. Will definitely be going back ASAP.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DanelleB

Reviewed 4 April 2011

As many other reviewers wrote, there did seem to be a type of caste system with various colored bracelets, each getting you different privileges. We were with Cheap Caribbean and I believe this put us pretty much at the bottom. Check-in went smoothly and our room was ready at 2pm but our adult children had to wait which was no big deal and the staff was super friendly. We were in Bldg 5 which was nice because it is away from the bars and noise and there is a nice pool right outside which is quiet. The first few days we did not go to the VIP beach bed area because the thought of waiting on line was not attractive. But the 3rd morning I did wait and then continued to do so each subsequent morning as it was well worth it. My husband likes shade and I like the sun and we were able to pull the curtains to provide shade on his side. Also the service at the VIP beach is excellent and they continuously come by to see if they can bring you food or drinks. The first morning Lordie brought me a cappuccino with a side of Bailey's (I did not ask for the Baileys as it was pretty early but it was delicious and I got another one soon after). And as others said, the beds on the beach were far more comfy than the beds in the room. My hips were kind of sore each morning because I felt like I was on a slab of cement when I turned on my side. Shower in room was sketchy but this did not bother us. Attachment for shower head was broken but we had hot water and with a towel rolled up at doorway we avoided flooding. There was plenty of bottled water and a cooler at each stairwell with filtered water so you could refill your bottles. They advise you not to use the water for tooth brushing or rinsing your mouth and certainly not for drinking.
The dinner reservation procedure was VERY annoying and several days I waited on line at noon and they start taking reservations at 1pm. Twice I was first in line but unable to get into the Italian Restaurant or the INdoChine Restaurant. I hated to spend so much time on lines, first for the beds, and then in the middle of the day for dinner at the restaurants. We were tricked into the timeshare talk and they spent 3 hours with us and at 1230 we finally broke free but it was not easy. If you are sure you are not interested in investing in this resort avoid these timeshare talks because the perks are lousy. We got a small bottle of Rum.
Another small annoyance was the procedure for getting beach towels. The first day I checked 3 different times and they were out of towels so the second day I went at 8am and got our towels but we kept them so we would have towels the next day. Then we learned that we were to turn them in by 7 or we would be charged. This did not happen and we left the towels in our hotel room the day of departure.
We went on a fun excursion with the MOnster Truck tours that we booked on line through a link of Cheap Caribbean. It was an all day tour and was lots of fun and we went to the countryside, visited a school, a home, and had a nice lunch at a rustic restaurant near a beautiful clear river. If you do plan a trip outside of the resort it is a good idea to buy a big bag of candy and bring it along. THe kids ran out from their homes to greet the truck and our tour guide told us that they look forward to candy being thrown their way. Other people have talked about brining school supplies, but with airline restrictions (weight, etc) we did not bring these goodies and instead made a monetary donation to the principal of the school while visiting.
The beach party dinner on Sunday evening was lots of fun and the food was pretty good. Lots of dancing and fireworks too. We ended up walking to the party due to a long line waiting for a bus and it was a nice and a pretty short walk.
If you are looking for luxurious accommodations, this is not the place to go, but if you are looking for sunshine, palm trees, nice beach beds, ocean breeze, good drinks, etc. at a cheap price this is a great vacation. Not sure if we would go back to this resort but I would not rule it out if we were looking for an affordable week in the D.R. This is our 4th time to the DOminican and the Iberostar Costa Dorado was much nicer but also more costly.
Like others we brought about $125 worth of singles and used most of them between the staff there and the airports. We did leave the housekeeper 2-3 bucks a day and for the most part she did a nice job. Inconsistent with the towels, but again no big deal.
I would say go and don't expect too much and just enjoy the beauty of the Dominican and the people and the weather. Do not expect much for the nightlife. We did go to the Casino one evening and got free drinks and played the slots. Small casino but a nice diversion!

1  Thank Keepthosefeetmovin
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I am mad at myself for writing this review so late. The people, site and resort is by far the best I had ever experience. I definitely want to start off saying that this resort is great and it’s what you make out of it. Yes it may have some ups and downs (more Ups than downs) but what resort does not. When I and my girlfriend was planning a vacation we came upon the cheapcarribean.com deal of (yes you all heard it the $20/person per night deal all inclusive). This was the all inclusive deal and a taste of a few amenities that we took advantage of. Coming from New York and having a pretty good job in pharm sales I do travel from place to place. When it comes to upper class quality and average class quality trust my opinions on what I have to say. I am going to break down the truth to the reviewers that way you will go to this place and not be scared of the things you read by other reviewers. I and my girlfriend needed a get away because of the stressful New York environment that we live in. She found this deal; she is really good at finding things like these.

The resort is located in a pretty good area of Puerto Plata, in the Cofresi area. It is the only resort with its own private beach in the area and it is right next to Ocean world. The grounds of the resort are big and are divided into the visiting members’ part and the V.I.P part. What I mean by that is that certain areas you cannot go to in less you are a member and others you can go to because you are a onetime booker. I will start from the airport all the way to the day we left. The biggest mistake I made was that I did not get the singles that I was planning to get. The day before we were supposed to leave the banks were closed because of president's day. I completely forgot and our flight left before any bank was going to open in the states. Plus there is no American dispense money ATM machine in Puerto Plata. I was planning to carry $100 dollars worth of singles to have tipping money (which the staff well deserves). I ended up getting the ATM that dispenses pesos instead once I got there and converted my big bills into pesos. The resort has a good exchange rate as well 32-36 peso for every 1 American dollar. When we landed we did not take the shuttle bus that was offered in the deal. We found that it was better to take a cab from POP to the resort. We paid $45 American dollars for a 25-30 minute drive. The drive was very good and the cab driver got us there really fast. He also made a good effort to explain in English the sights as we were passing them. When we got to the hotel around 3:30pm or after 4pm we did not make it for the buffet lunch. However, they explained we could make it to the Italian restaurant to get some food. The check-in was so smooth and easy that they made it comfortable for us. All we needed was the vouchers from cheapcarribean and our I.D's. If we did forget the voucher they would have given us an opportunity to use their internet (you must pay) service. They automatically gave us a welcome punch that tasted so good. You did not need your credit card on file or debit card and we were not charged any extra fees. The only bad part is we arrived on Tuesday so we did not make it for the welcome party (sorry guys no comments on that event). We received a traditional room key (only one) and were offered building number 5 on the second floor. As we stayed on the resort for 5 nights and 6 days I was curious about the different buildings. So I have the scoop on the locations of each of them because I notice on all reviews people did not mention them. As we walked to our room we passed the buffet area and the two pool zones. Our building was closest to the private pool part opposed to the more active main pool. As we reached the room we did have some difficulty on how to turn the key knob, which was easily fixed by the front desk once we went back to them. The room was very clean and was not what most people said negatively about it. I do have clear pictures in this review of every part of the room if you are curious to use your eyes. When we entered the room to our left was the bathroom, which was a different design than what I am used to at hotels. Further inside the room was the T.V, bed, closet and balcony respectively. The room was not huge and could remind you of a traditional hotel style room not suite. First the bathroom, it is different in regards to the shower area. There is no tub in our building so no bubble baths ok. The stand up shower has no curtains and it has a removable shower handle. There is no way to block the water from falling outside the shower area in less you put a towel on the floor and shower closer to the drainage part. It’s not a big issue as long as you are not sloppy on bathing yourself by throwing water all over the place. The floor can be very slippery if you wet it enough so use the towels to wipe the floor if need be. People say that there are not enough towels in the room, if you ask the maid or front desk before you take a shower they well deliver it. You can usually find a maid in the hallway and ask them as well. The water pressure is good; water temperature is just like the states so I do not know why people complain about only getting cold water because we never had that problem. The bathroom flush great with good force so no blockage at all. There was shampoo, lotion and soap which after reading one review before I went thought there was not. It is still good to bring your preferable brand any way and always bring sample size because you may not want to waste space in your suitcase. The room has a pretty big King size bed which is not a bad feeling bad. It’s not super soft where you can sink into it and it is not rock hard where you feel bumps and the springs, but it’s comfortable to sleep on where you won’t be disturbed as much. The only thing I did not like about it was that the covers to cover you with were only thin sheets. The same ones you would put after the fitted sheet part. They would put the foam type covers which I am not too sure of the name. The air conditioning works very well and if you want the room very cold it can happen. The T.V is a standard 15" -17" inch T.V. It has the standard audio video connections. There is no internet in the rooms so you cannot stream videos or go online from the comforts of your bed. If you are tech savvy you can connect your iPod or portable device to the T.V to watch portable movies on the screen or DVD’s on it. However, they do have American T.V. channels not all but 2 handfuls of them if you want to watch it. I do not know if the hotel did it for us but we were watching New York network news and programs, which was cool. So they might have custom the channels from our region of the U.S., again not too sure but cool anyway. The fridge was always stocked with Presidente DR preferable beer and water with ice trays. I never took advantage of room service so I cannot say if they had it. I preferred to walk to the bar to get my drinks and food. The balcony was pretty good because where we had our room it was opposite of building 6. At the ground floor was the garden path next to the quiet pool area. There was no insects, mold or crawling bugs in our room so I do not know what people are talking about. The bad part was that the door is very hollow so if someone closed their door from the hallway you would hear the noise associated with the hard slam. There was not that many people at the building or resort so it was not that frequent. Plus people would usually be in their room by 12 midnight.
The next was the food and bars that we visited at the resort. The resort has 4 restaurants which we went to 3 of them. They have one main area which was the buffet and 4 bars you can go to without having to be a member. The main buffet restaurant has tremendous breakfast. I love the omelet stations where you can choose your own omelet to be made. The eggs were good and it was the best meal to look towards to in the day. Breakfast was from 7am - 1030am, lunch was from 1pm - 4pm if I could remember. Lunch had the typical sandwich, burgers, rice, chicken, etc. Lunch was not bad at the buffet but most of the time it would be the same thing each day. It was good, reason being I would pace myself on different portions of a meal. I would not eat a burger than go to a sandwich on the same day that would be gluttonous. The food is good trust me there was nothing that I ate and then threw up afterwards. Dinner at the buffet was ok each night the station would have something different to eat. It altered between seafood, Mexican, chicken to pig (which I did not eat pig). Dinner would start from 7pm- 10pm which then you would have to go to blue lagoon after 12am to get some food. With the 4 restaurants on site we went to 3 of them and each was a different experience. The first day after we missed lunch went to the Italian restaurant without a reservation in less you did it at night. I am a big fettuccine fan and the fettuccine did not taste good. The pizza was not the greatest either and we never went there again. However, the other two we did go to and they were the Mexican first then the seafood Blue Lagoon the next night. In order to get the reservations for those places we could have gone to the front desk or the membership presentation. At the time we went, there were not that many people considering it was president day week. So the lines were non-existing but we did not know that until after we made reservations the other way. Let me also mention that at the time we went it was predominantly Americans as tourist on the site and most of us were from New York. The reason we did the reservations with the membership presentation is because we could not avoid them. The next morning after we ate our breakfast they knew how we look and when to find us. After quickly coming back from the VIP beach, we decided to get it over with. We made it clear we were not going to do a whole day tour with them and negotiated our demands before we went. We asked to reserve two restaurants of our choice before we agreed to go and we also received two bottles of rum because we negotiated it. Once we went it was not that bad as long as you do not ask crazy amounts of questions. You get to see more of the resort and they try to offer you a membership. It is not a time share presentation but a lifestyle membership presentation. As long as you are honest and say no if you are not interested then they will not bother you for the whole time you are there. We liked it but honestly did not want to buy it and explained why. After that the man understood and the staff did not give us any bad vibes afterwards. We were treated with the same respect since the day we arrived. The Mexican restaurant was my favorite and I do not like Mexican food at all. The food there was worthy of a 5 star review and the fact that it was not far from our building made it even better. The Seafood Blue Lagoon was the second best only because I did not make it to the Asian restaurant. The sea food was worthy of a 3 1/2 star review in my opinion not my girlfriends, she loved it and trust me she dines at the finest restaurants in her life. The bars that we went to were the VIP beach, the pool, and the one next to the front desk. They give you very strong drinks the way I like it and they deserve good tips for them. My favorite one is the VIP beach because you can order food with that one if you chose and they make the drinks strong.

The next thing is the beach, shows, pool and buildings that a lot of people wanted to know. The VIP beach of course many people are curious about. In regards to waking up in the morning to grab a bed me and my girlfriend did not do. Towards the afternoon we did have difficulties finding a bed because they would either be occupied or stained from previous occupancy. We were not interested in getting a tan anyway. We enjoyed the beach itself which was pretty good. The VIP beach has several bubble tubs which are cold opposed to warm. The sushi bar is nice and you have free internet there as well. The water is slightly ruff and some parts have jagged edge rocks that can cut you if you’re not careful. The waves are pretty rough and the water is not clear. Yellow sand does block your view of the bottom; however the water was warm and not cold at all. There are no trees on the actual beach itself, people do not really bother you and you can have the opportunity to have a beach chair on the beach itself. The pool is divided into the main pool by building 1 and 2 and the quieter pool closer to building 5 and 6. Some reviews complain about how building 1 and 2 are very loud, I see why people said that. There is music that plays during the daytime by the main pool, but it is like a small outdoor BBQ tempo. If your room is closest to the main pool then you will hear the most music and noise. Coming from New York trust me that is hardly something to make a big deal about. If you really want peace and quiet in your room it would be better to go to building 5 or 6. Building 3 is next to the buffet area and it does get noise when breakfast, lunch or dinner arrives. Building 4 has its quiet part and the loud part which is close to the buffet area. The pool is beautiful and very clean but cold especially considering the hot temperature that was. You will eventually warm up to it but it takes time. We did not get to do any of the amenities even though I wanted to do Paradise Island. The problem was you could only get it at the hotel because there was no other place to get a deal. Also because paradise island was a 1 and 1/2 hour bus ride to the boat and then a 20 minute boat ride to the tiny island. We did go to Sosua which had a beautiful beach with trees. The nightly entertainment was good and I enjoyed the dancers that were there. They kept you entertained with all the dancing that they did, so you could never say you were bored. The night club that was there played some good music but because it is a family resort and not a lot of young to middle age adults are at the resort it was never full. So at times it was empty or a handful of people were there.

The customer service is by far the best I had ever experienced. Everybody was very, very, very friendly. Every member made you feel comfortable and treated you with great respect. I wish I took my Spanish classes in college seriously because communicating would have been so much fun. Most reviews complained about how the staff cannot speak English. The last time I checked the Dominican Republic is not an American state so people need to respect that. At times I would tip $1 or $2 to the bartenders because they made you feel like you were in paradise. The staff would never complain and they work hard to please you. The people are great and they never hesitate to give you a large amount of alcohol if that’s what you like.

When we were leaving our flight was in Santiago. The day before we left to go to Santiago we had found a cab driver at the taxi stand outside the main check in of the resort. The driver brought us to Sosua and arranged our drop off to Santiago airport. They gave us a Dominican man named Guillermo Cabrera Cruz who spoke great English. He told us all the great places to go in Puerto Plata and took us to Sosua and Santigo for a good price. We went to Sosua for $60 American dollars and Santiago for $80. I recommend him if you are planning to go outside the resort.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank mphiliza
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I wanted to make sure Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa had ample time to respond to my requests; however after numerous attempts on my part to reach someone it seems unfortunate they are not responsive to amending my experience.

I was confident that once informed of our issues, Lifestyle would quickly and competently assuage the situation and had they done so – I would have had a lot more space here to post what have been an otherwise glowing review.

I reached out to the resort prior to the trip to accommodate our group (10 ppl) regarding dinner reservations for a very special 30th birthday party but was disappointed not to receive any response.

Once there I was only able to make reservations on night one for our all 10 of our guests; and despite being within the first 5 people to wait in line every afternoon (btwn the prime afternoon hours of 1-3) to make dinner reservations, I was rejected because the reservation system was ‘full’ allowing me to only be able to make reservations for 2 people.

Please be mindful that I am aware that villa owners have first priority and may not have been visible to me in the line I was waiting in. My issue is that when I (1 of the 2 people they were able to ‘accommodate’) was actually eating at the restaurants it was clear the restaurant was actually able to serve our group based on the abundant seating still available.

The “running of the beds” – while made a light hearted joke on most reviews I’ve read on tripadvisor – is actually an incredibly frustrating experience. People begin lining up at 7am in the morning (7am!!!) – for the gates to open to the VIP Cabana area. I mean for anyone over the age of 30 it was likely a physically taxing and draining experience. In the peaceful morning hours while the sun was just coming up – a mosh pit would ensue as fully grown adults were trying to ensure they got the best beds and would run down the stairs with little to no abandon for others. . . oh and ppl were ready to throw down - seriously ready fight each other of ‘taking each other’s beds’.

Getting beds is a make or break experience – if you get one you will have an amazing day.
There is an amazing staff to make sure your trip is absolutely enjoyable, especially Maria at the VIP Cabana Bar, she was so sweet and attentive! Tip well (not bc you have to but bc the wait staff really do everything they can possible to make sure you are 100% taken care of!)

CLUE: give people numbers like a deli counter in the morning – let them go get breakfast etc. and come back to their ‘numbered’ bed. I mean really any system would be a vast improvement over the absolute chaos that ensued when the gates opened.

We have traveled extensively in the Dominican and were hoping to find this to be the resort to host our large party annually - but will not be able to do so given the current circumstances.

As a resort that clearly wants to differentiate itself by providing a tremendously better customer service experience, you need more accommodating guest friendly policies.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank mkc156
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The resort itself is absolutely beautiful. Its well maintained, has beautiful views and the rooms are decent for the price. There are two pools which is nice, one is for games etc and the other one is the "quiet pool". We ate at the buffet everyday which has a wide assortment of mainly native foods. Its presented very nice with a wide variety. One thing I would have like to have seen was on night for them to have carved beef or some type of plain beef.
We did take trip to Ocean World which is a smaller version of Sea World and its great. It was more then we expected. I did the Shark encounter which is totally awesome. If you dont want to do a number of encounters buy your ticket at the excursion desk (hotel)and then inquire as to which encounter you want to do at the park. This way you dont end up buying more then what you need or want. I only wanted to do one encounter so it worked better for me. Be sure and bring you camera to Ocean World, the views are breathtaking.
Another tip is at night make sure you go to the ampitheater which is located behind the VIP section down the hill. The shows are very good and to start the show off the "pool people" dance and warm the audience up. Drinks are included if you do all inclusive and we didnt know this until the last night.
We had one person approach us as far as buying the vacation club. My partner went to see them and said they are beautiful. I own a timeshare or would have considered buying, thats how nice this resort is.
As far as the staff, the majority of people say hello however you can tell the ones who are generally being friendly and the other ones that are just doing their job.
Finally, the last area I see that I think could be improved is the fitness room. The equipment is older and needs to be updated. They need to provide towels and santizer to clean the machines. Be prepared to sweat as there is no air conditioning only ceiling fans.
In conclusion, though I mentioned a couple of opportunities I was extremely impressed with this resort and would stay there again. My plan is for the next time to go to Punta Cana and research the Lifestyles there and see about going VIP status. One last thing I forgot to mention is the beach. Its a smaller beach but not crowded and they will bring you chairs if you ask. The surf is alot rougher then I've seen in other places I've been however the water was warmer.

Room Tip: Superior- ocean view
1  Thank prince043
Reviewed 1 April 2011

At first reading all the reviews i was so very skeptical about booking this hotel but did it anyway because i was getting an amazing price. This hotel is awesome and caters to all your needs. The staff is very friendly and they all speak Spanish which was very convenient for me. The hotel is directly on the beach which was awesome because i was able to walk on the beach whenever i wanted with no restrictions. i did a value tour and did the sightseeing of this beautiful country, it was inexpensive and the drivers cater to my every need and they were very friendly. Also the open bar is FABULOUS and the bartender was the GREATEST. I also did the timeshare tour but i WAS NOT pressure into buying anything i didn't want. Overall i had an amazing time and would definitely do it all over again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank nishanad1no
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The trip is what you make it !!!
We haven’t taken a trip in several years and booked this trip through Cheap Caribbean. After reading the reviews, we decided that we would make the most of the trip regardless of the conditions or what others had said in reviews. However, we found that the conditions were not as bad as some people said it would be. Doing a little research before you go will go a long ways in making your trip memorable.
Our advice is, arrive on any other day but Sunday and plan your activities before you arrive. The resort will can help you plan activities but the charges are more than if you do it yourself ahead of time. We got the name of a driver who picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. We can give you his name is you contact us. He even took us sightseeing for a nominal charge. The best way to see the area is have a local take you around.
We stayed Monday to Monday, checked in, had to wait for our room for a bit because we got there early. Ask for building 5 or 6 as these are away from the noisy areas. Leave a tip (more than a dollar) in your room on your pillow and they will take good care of you. We did have an issue with not enough washcloths but once we located the lady who was in charge of our room, and handed her a tip, we didn’t have any more issues. The room was clean for the most part. The shower had no curtain, but like everyone else, we just put a towel on the floor. Small tv and a/c worked ok, and Fridge was full of cold drinks. Phone service was poor. We didn’t plan on spending a lot of time in the room, so it didn’t really matter about that stuff.
We used other company’s we found on internet searches to use for our activities. We figured as long as we were in country, we wanted to do some things and look around. So we didn’t spend a lot of time at the resort during the day. We can provide some info if you would like on other entertainment companies. We went whitewater rafting, horseback riding, catamaran ride and snorkeling, and deep sea fishing.
We pretty much ate at least once a day, every day at the community buffet as we were not going to stand in line for reservations at the other places. We did go out for dinner and encourage others to do the same. You can get great local meals that are really good and a good price too. The buffet was marginal and if you can’t find something there to eat you have issues. We always came away full and never got sick. We can provide info on some good area restaurants.
The bar area was great and we agree with others, tips go a long ways. The bartenders always took good care of us. The guys and girls who do the entertainment and mingle with the crowds were a lot of fun. Getting involved helps you enjoy your trip more. The shows were marginal but if you have a couple drinks in you, you’ll have a good time. After all, there free. It’s really what you make it.
After three days at the resort, we finally got cornered to buy a time share, being polite, we listened and then told them no thanks. If you tell them you have bad credit and no credit cards and you don’t take vacation but every five years, they will leave you alone. (white lie - but they will leave you alone)
We did use the VIP beach one day, but found that you could lounge in other areas that were not so crowded near the beach or on the beach or even around the pools. Although, when you do that, you don’t get waited on but we preferred peace and quiet over being pampered. And all we needed to do was walk 50 feet to get a drink.
The spa was nice and we would encourage others to get a massage. The price was reasonable. And less then what you would pay in the states.
Go to the party on Sunday, great food, drinks, and fireworks. The show at ocean world was horrible but the casino was nice, but small and you will lose money so don’t bet a lot. Remember the tips....bring lots of $1 and $5 and your trip will be awesome.
All in all, we had a great time, and for $20 per person per night, how can you go wrong.

Room Tip: Use building 5 or 6
4  Thank mdawg_315