This was one of the most memorable and awesome vacations that we have ever taken.. DO NOT believe all the negative reviews. The people that have written the negative reviews are either to snobby and spoiled to enjoy such a beautiful resort.
After reading all the negative reviews, I was very nervous traveling to Lifestyles Resort but we went with an open mind. We traveled with another couple and from the moment we stepped off of the plane we were treated with such genuine hospitality, something that you do not get here in the USA.
Check in was a breeze. We were in building 5 on the 3rd floor and had no problems at all. The room was clean, well stocked with water, soda and beer in the frig daily, stocked with towels and if you needed extra, all you had to do was ask. The bed was extremely comfortable, I think we slept better here than at home. There is no need to tip but tipping will go a long way and is very much appreciated.
We were given a reservation at check-in for the Mexican Restaurant which was very good. All of our other meals were eaten at the buffet. The assortment of foods was great, if you can't find something to eat than you must really be a picky eater. The only food that I would suggest you not eat would be the salad. Other than that, you should be fine. I have stomach problems and went with plenty of immodium thinking that I would be taking it everyday and I didn't have to take it at all..
The pools and beach were awesome. Yes, if you want a cabana in front of the beach, you will have to get in line by 7:15-7:30 am but it is well worth it.. You will meet some wonderful people from all over the world while waiting and the beds are well worth it because you will spend the entire day there.
The Welcome Party was great and they also had an American BBQ Party with all the fixings and even included several American Flags. "nice touch"
Parasailing was awesome and Paradise Island is a must... But make sure you bring a towel with you, they don't provide towels on the Island.
You will find that the Dominican people are very genuine and friendly.
The second day after breakfast we were greeted by the 'clipboards', but if you don't want to go, it is no problem. We went on the tour (it is called a Vacation Club, not a timeshare) and it was actually very nice. You got to ride around in a golf cart and see the suites, villas and private beach which was beautiful and in the end, we received 2 t-shirts, a bottle of Rum and a bottle of Mama Juana. It was painless and enjoying..
All in all, this was by far the best vacation that we have ever taken. And we definately knew when we were back in the good ole' USA, welcome back to snobby and rude people.
Can't wait to go back to Lifestyles Resort, it will be our home away from home..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata