“Great Vacation -Lifestyles Confresi Palm”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Vacation -Lifestyles Confresi Palm”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I attended my cousin's wedding in October (Columbus Weekend) with a group of about 25ppl staying at the Presidential and Confresi Palm Suites. We all enjoyed the beautiful wedding and fabulous Lifestyles Resort.We were all VIP and was able to enjoy everything at resort. Our VIP Rep (NORA HAMILTON, was great!) Luckily it was October so the temp was in the mid to upper 80's during the day (with crazy humidity) because the A/C in my Junior Suite (Confresi Palm) did not work so great; however the room was comfortable.

Pros: beautiful scenery of the Dominican mountains from high points throughout the resort, swimming pools VIP pool w/the Hookah bar was super fun, the drinks were also better at the VIP pool. Actually all of the VIP areas were really nice, the night club ICE was decent and had mix of all music...............the DJ was even nice enough to find a fairly new hip-hop song my cousin kept requesting as she danced the night away, lol, and the Welcome Party on Sunday is FABULOUS (a must do)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons: outside of the VIP grill the food on the resort is not very flavorful good for nourishment, but not a delectable enjoyment. the beach is not very clean or welcoming, its public so you are prone to vendors trying to sell you "authentic" oil paintings and other "do-dads". The nighttime front desk staff at Confresi Palm is not the friendliest, so save your questions/concerns until the morning and direct them straight to your VIP rep (Nora was fabulous and I loved her English accent).

The resort is so huge, my husband and I plan to return with our 2 children and more family members next year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MsKiki D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Falls Church, Va
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I booked this resort through RCI. Though the resort has a mandatory all inclusive of $350 per day for four up to people (not a bad deal). We arrived and had a warm greeting, but soon learned about the whole wrist band system. We also were made aware of the restaurants and beaches we were not allowed at because of our blue shiny wrist band. The initial impression of the room at the Presidential Suites was 5 stars. Be aware that you have to climb stairs if you don't get a ground level suite. Fridge was filled with drinks and the WiFi worked although intermittent. We had a small sliver of ocean view. I wish the units were closer to the water - first issue. We had our power go out a few times but immediately came back on - to be expected in a third world country. The entire reservation system for dinner was obnoxious - second issue. We were automatically assigned to the Chinese restaurant the first night and it was atrocious. The food at the resort was mediocre at best even at the VIP restaurants. It got pretty boring and felt the same no matter were we went (with the exception of Jazz). Servers definitely expected tips and I felt like the service was better when they knew you tipped. We had a welcome dinner scheduled and even had personal blue shirted concierge introduce himself and come to our room - third issue. The welcome party had decent food but our personal concierge turned out to be one of the many hustlers at the resort trying to get us to tour and buy into the property. His name was Junior and he became very rude and aggressive when we indicated we we'rent interested. He had at least three of his white shirted cronies trying to get us to tour the whole week. To top it off, it was pouring rain at the welcome party. Unless you were completely drunk, it wasn't fun huddling in a tent to protect your self from the rain desperately waiting for a ride back to where you were staying. I had to call security to get a special ride for my aging parents. It was a nightmare and management was entirely to blame - fourth issue. The beach wasn't that amazing and having to take a shuttle from the Presidential Suites to get there was a pain - fifth issue. No swim up bar (the one swim up vodka bar was shut down) - final issue. Overall, if the room at the Presidential suite hadn't been as nice, I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank Nads82
Wells, Maine
Reviewed 23 November 2012

First of all, I currently work at the best resort in a touristy area in Maine and I know first hand when there are people wanting everything for nothing. Some people expect the Ritz or Hilton for less than $100/night and really pick a place apart by being very tedious.

3 major essentials: the room was clean, the food was good and the service was great.

The room was good to my standards. My bed and pillows were very comfortable, the air conditioning worked, and housekeeping left my room spotless everyday.
BONUS: We had a outside balcony with table and chairs

The food was delicious especially if you had reservations. My favorite restaurant was the Dominican one, I can't remember the name, but they served red snapper for an appetizer and it was so delicious I wanted it as my meal! My entree was also delicious, much better than any Dominican food I can find in Boston. I also ate at the Blue Lagoon and was very satisfied with all my food. The service was very polite and professional but still allowing a fun atmosphere at both restaurants.
The buffet was nothing to complain about! I really dislike eating at buffets in United States because the food is usually dried out and old or just plain gross, ... But, the buffet here was good and always fresh. Some days, I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner and I only had one complaint about the fish filet not having any sauce. I addressed it to the restaurant manager when he approached my table asking how everything was, and he immediately apologized and the next day sauce was supplied.

The service was ... extraordinary! As soon as our shuttle arrived, Luis made sure everything was perfect for our stay. He brought our bags to our room and noticed the fridge was not stocked. He called the desk to make sure someone would fill it. Two hours went by and and our phone rang, it was Luis checking up on us and making sure our fridge was full. It was not. Within 15 minutes someone was at our door with our water and cervezas.
Later that evening, Luis and Juan helped us find a place to eat. Luis grabbed a golf cart and provided us transportation.

The entertainment crew were absolutely great! I have never been to a resort where the staff really jumps in and gets to know all the guests. They always have smilies, spreading happiness and laughter everywhere throughout the resort. Jnony Bravo and Lenny Kravitz were key here! I would be sitting at one of the bars and I see Lenny giving compliments to everyone and watching the smilies come alive on peoples faces. Bravo would go around and flirt trying to get guests to laugh and relax a little more, always walking around motivating guests to dance or get involved with the activities. One night, Lenny and Bravo were setting up karaoke and got a bunch of different groups to sing and dance and laugh all night long! ... Like I said, I have never seen such good service at a hotel! Where staff continuously smiles all day, every day and works non stop to provide entertainment for their guests!

EXTRAS: My friend and I booked our vacation through cheapcaribbean.com. We had no idea all the V.I.P access we had included with our trip! The "regular" beach had beds everywhere shaped like little tiki huts, and they provided plenty of lounge chairs. The V.I.P beach is nothing but beds! And I mean beds made up with sheets, pillows, and towels! They even have white drapes that you can close for maximum privacy! Some of the beds are swings. There are two large hot tubs and waitstaff walks around servicing you with drinks and food all day long.

I hope some reviewers can now have a better understanding for exactly what this resort has to offer. This resort has staff that goes above and beyond any hotel in the United States, especially for this price! Shame on those who are just greedy and looking for something to complain about. NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME!!!! I LOVED IT HERE AND I WILL RETURN!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
20 Thank BlondeBodaciousBabe
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2012

OMG...............this place is luxurious, relaxing, fun and the staff are the friendliest and most accomodating. Beautiful beds and pools on the beach..............love love love this place.
Lifestyles is a vacation club, so there are certain places that you can go and can't go, but overall
it is a beautiful vacation spot.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank lsoper
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 20 November 2012

After spending way too much time reading the reviews that were all over the gambit, we went on this CheapCaribbean.com low priced trip with very low expectations. In fact, we were even considering canceling it just to avoid a horrible experience. So glad we didn't do that. The resort is so beautiful and picturesque. The best part was the spa & its staff. Amazing and well worth every dollar! ALL of the staff, yes even the timeshare sales staff, were courteous and CONSIDERATE of our needs, wants, and even our desire not to be sold something. Despite some language barrier, they communicated effectively. We spoke to several other couples who attended, and some purchased, the timeshares. Apparently several options are available. The couples said they are unlike other timeshares. This is a good opportunity for some, but certainly not for everyone. Should you buy one, you immediately get upgraded and get to experience the best of the facilities, services, food and drinks. Our package deal included standard rooms, standard restaurants, standard drinks, except access to enjoy the VIP beach and its top shelf drinks. This was more than enough to enjoy, except we did not like ANY of the food. Our group of 4 were definitely NOT picky eaters either. They try to emulate American food and tastes but miss the target by far. In fact, this resort could easily be a 4 star or higher rating, and worth much more money, if only they can find a way to improve the culinary experience. The timeshare owners did not have this problem as they have access to different restaurants and food choices. Stick to the basics, I.e. hamburgers, pizza, eggs & omelets, bread, pancakes, waffles and cut fruit. I would be confident in saying that somewhere around half of the guests got some form of stomach bug. Not severe for most, but lasting a couple days and impacting your lower extremities. Some claimed this was an effective weight loss program. :) They seriously need to improve their food handling and preparation practices. After all, who wants to go on vacation and be sick to the stomach. So, in summary, everything was great except anything to do with food!

Room Tip: Building #1 is alongside the largest pool and loud music and activities. Good for kids. Each highe...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank LongballBB
Clearwater,FL
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The old adage that you get what you pay for certainly holds true with this property. The room was outdated...each morning there was no water in the sink, shower or toilet...was fixed about 11:00am each and every day!
The food was mediocre at best and the selections limited.
Pool needs re-glazing...low end liquor is used.
Would never go back.

Room Tip: NOT overlooking pool due to noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank shmoozer27
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Greetings - My fiancé and I stayed at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. The establishment was nice, but we preferred the pools and beach at the Cofresi Hotel next door (which we had full access to as part of our package.) We did not like the color-coded bracelets indicating what part of the Tropical resort we could and could not use - you are very limited if you are not part of the total VIP package (like an owner of the Lifestyle plan or a registered guest of an owner). Go on the tour if you have an hour or two to spare - it's worth seeing the different houses or suites and other amenities owners get to utilize. But don't be fooled by the sales pitch - do the math, factor in all traveling expenses and it's not even close to being a "good deal".....your better off renting from one of the already established owners that advertise on VRBO.
Our room was on the first floor by the pool. At times it was quite loud because of the activities going on with the Animation Team. We did not mind the noise because we love to hear and see people having a great time!
However, there was a lot of rain (tail end of Hurricane Sandy) that came through on our 3rd day and our room actually flooded. Our sliding glass door was closed (it did not lock) but it was coming through anyway. House cleaning came to clean it up however once they saw how much water was in the room, they said we would have to relocate. We found humor in the situation and they moved us to the 3rd floor for the remainder of our stay. It's stuff like this that makes memories! Towards the evening of our 3rd day I was not feeling well, and on the 4th day I spent the ENTIRE day in the bathroom. Being sick on vacation is NEVER fun, but I did only gain .2 lbs the whole time while on vacation! LOL! The STAFF at the hotel are FABULOUS! Shout out to Sexy Banana! I left gifts on my bed every day with a thank you note for House Keeping - they were very appreciative. Even though it is an ALL INCLUSIVE vacation, we tipped $1-$2 for every drink, and every meal at the buffet or restaurant we tipped at least $2-$4. We plan on returning because it rained the last 3-4 days of our vacation and we have more excursions we want to do! Plus, the STAFF is WONDERFUL and THEY are the ones that will keep vacationers coming back!!! (Oh yes, if you do end up having a very bad upset stomach, ask the bartender to fix you a drink called the Boomba (sp?). It tastes absolutely horrible, but it really does work for an upset stomach - sip it and give it a few hours to work. I only wish I had known about this when I first started showing signs of having to spend the day in the bathroom! HA!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple