I attended my cousin's wedding in October (Columbus Weekend) with a group of about 25ppl staying at the Presidential and Confresi Palm Suites. We all enjoyed the beautiful wedding and fabulous Lifestyles Resort.We were all VIP and was able to enjoy everything at resort. Our VIP Rep (NORA HAMILTON, was great!) Luckily it was October so the temp was in the mid to upper 80's during the day (with crazy humidity) because the A/C in my Junior Suite (Confresi Palm) did not work so great; however the room was comfortable.
Pros: beautiful scenery of the Dominican mountains from high points throughout the resort, swimming pools VIP pool w/the Hookah bar was super fun, the drinks were also better at the VIP pool. Actually all of the VIP areas were really nice, the night club ICE was decent and had mix of all music...............the DJ was even nice enough to find a fairly new hip-hop song my cousin kept requesting as she danced the night away, lol, and the Welcome Party on Sunday is FABULOUS (a must do)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons: outside of the VIP grill the food on the resort is not very flavorful good for nourishment, but not a delectable enjoyment. the beach is not very clean or welcoming, its public so you are prone to vendors trying to sell you "authentic" oil paintings and other "do-dads". The nighttime front desk staff at Confresi Palm is not the friendliest, so save your questions/concerns until the morning and direct them straight to your VIP rep (Nora was fabulous and I loved her English accent).
The resort is so huge, my husband and I plan to return with our 2 children and more family members next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata