“Great place, loved John Cena!”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
New York City, New York
“Great place, loved John Cena!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This was my second time to this hotel and it did not disappoint. I came this time from NYC with my mom for a week. We got a great deal and everything was great. The staff is friendly and accommodating, there are lots of things to do -- shows and fun entertainment throughout the day. The entertainment team is great -- Lenny kraviz, puchi puchi, bamboo, and Jonny bravo were so much fun and very friendly and engaging. But my favorite was the amazing john cena ❤️❤️❤️- he was super sweet, fun, funny and professional. Loved his daily aerobics class. We really missed him during our last two days here!
This is a great place to visit and lots of fun. Will definitely try to come back!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank kristaes1
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that our staff and services were up to your expectations. I will forward your review especially to our entertainment staff.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,019)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

In recent days I have had the pleasure of doing my first visit to Dominican Republic. It was special to me because I went with a group of friends to celebrate some of their birthdays, we were a group of 8 ladies expecting to disconnect from our daily stressful lives in New York City and... we did it!! It was an extraordinary experience, I only have words of gratitude to all the people that works at The Tropical at Lifestyle. From the beginning at our arrival the concierge services were great and these people tried to accommodate us in an efficient and promptly way, always with consideration and good manners.They demonstrated genuine interest in make us feel good, thanks!
I must say that I really enjoyed all the activities at the pool, starting with the water aerobic classes with John Cena, i did it everyday and made me feel energized and full of joy, thanks john Cena! Another great guy and trainner is Jhony Bravo, the best abs class, great at stretching too my gratitude to you Jhony! Anyone from the pool and entertainment team were fantastic, Lenny Kravitz, Big Bamboo (good guy and great sense of humor ), Puchi Puchi, Banana, George of the Jungle, Tairis Thank you all for making my days at the Tropical, especial, funny and pleasant, thaaankksss!!!.. Blaki, thank you for your courtesy and good vibes always.
The people from the Spa, from Joel( the spa sales person) to the lady at the from desk are fantastic; Nereida and Michelle for doing such a great job with the massages, I miss you girls!!!
Last but not least, Joel one of the fantastic waiters from the VIP Beach, always helped us with courtesy and class, thanks Joel.
Because of my awesome experience at The Tropical and their people i'm looking forward to return and have a blast again!!
Thanks again guys, from this Argentinian lady who lives in New York City and keeps Puerto Plata in my heart :)
Patricia P :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PatriciaAndrea2013
Dear guest,

It is of great honor to us to receive a review like this one that you have kindly shared with us. Your compliment towards our staff really shows the readers the true results of our efforts to provide an unforgettable experience and also help us to always improve our service. We are glad to see that we have achieved your satisfaction and we hope to have you with us at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa in the near future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Just returned from my 3rd trip to my 2nd home (since June). The staff is wonderful as always.

We got to venture out to the city this time thanks to the direction of the staff. If anyone wants to know of activities on or outside the resort and the “hotspots” to go, go see John Cena! You can find him at the main pool during the day for water aerobics and then around 8PM for the night activities and then at the Colosseum. The Damajaqua Cascades is worth a visit but be mindful, there is a lot of walking and climbing.

Our Welcome party started off nice on Sunday. This is always my favorite there...it then rained...HARD so it ended early. This was also our last night there but we managed to go out with a bang at one of the local clubs in the city and then to Pure. Outstanding time.

Ive had several people on here ask me if I booked through Cheap Caribbean and have been asked about bracelets because of other reviews. Yes, I booked the cheap package. $19 a night...this was an all inclusive deal. It is considered “VIP” but you do not have access to the entire resort. Its no big deal to me as I stayed by the main pool most of the day because the Animation team is there and keeps me entertained. You do have access to a “VIP” beach which is near the main pool. There are beds there and food/drinks. Your room may not be 5 star but we are hardly in it. Just a place to put our stuff, change, shower, and maybe nap.

The animation team works very hard throughout the day to keep everyone happy. My favorite fireman, “John Cena” will keep you moving during water aerobics ...along with my “Dominican Brother, Jhony Bravo.” Puchi Puchi is always there to greet you with a smile and hug. Lenny Kravitz (though you werent working while I was there, it was great to see you outside the resort!!!) He will definitely keep you laughing while you are there. You will see “George of the jungle” and his smile at the towel center daily. If you know how to play Chess, he's the man to see (beware of the “Dominican rules” lol) Watch for Jhony Bravo (my brother) and his dance moves (shaky shaky) and his pool playing skills (Dominican rules apply here as well lol). Check out Mani, the Tennis pro while there and ask about his CD... He's got some major talent! Tairis, I missed seeing you this time. You were on vacation but I did meet Silvia AKA “Olivia Newton Jon”... very sweet!! “Big Bambuu” will also keep you laughing... make sure to check him out at some of the shows at the Colosseum as some of his outfits are quite interesting. Last but not least, BANANA!! The resort needs to bring you back. You were the first person to see me after I checked in and greeted me with a big smile and hug. You looked out for those who you supervised and all of the guests. The resort made a huge mistake letting you go. I was not happy when I heard you were gone...something should be done!

Thank you to all of these guys for being my “2nd family.” You all work so hard and work long hours and go out of your way EVERY time!

If you are looking for something fancy, you may want to look into becoming a member/timeshare/share holder. But for me, I am completely satisfied as a “regular” guest there. As I mentioned in a previous review, you make what you want out of this trip. Hang out poolside and participate in the games...yes they are silly but you do get prizes (Rum, jewelry, coffee, etc)...its worth it. Go see the shows every night!

Thanks also to “Mosquito”... You will find him around the main pool offering dive specific activities.

Thanks to Jacqueline (our Dominican mother) lol...she took care of my friend when she wasnt feeling well. You will see her in the mornings and lunch at Casablanca. Thanks to Kelvin for serving us as well.

Nelson Rivera and Andre Ausebio kept me hydrated at Canas Bar...lol They really looked out for me and even had drinks delivered to me while I was laying poolside. You guys are awesome.

And as always, bring change for tips! Minimum wages and salaries in the DR is hardly anything and everyone lives off of tips. Tip the animation team, bartenders, waiters/waitresses, maids........everyone.

Im always sad to head home from my home away from home. Thanks to you all again for making another memorable trip. “It's so hard to say goodbye.........to yesterday”

Video of my trip:

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear guest,

It is of great honor to us to receive a review like this one that you have kindly shared with us. Your compliment towards our staff really shows the readers the true results of our efforts to provide an unforgettable experience and also help us to always improve our service. We are glad to see that we have achieved your satisfaction and we hope to have you with us at Tropical Beach Resort& Spa in the near future.

Nyack, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was my 5th time staying there. I went with 7 girlfriends and everyone loved it. We especially enjoyed doing the aqua class every morning with Johnny Bravo his classses were not only a challange, but lots of fun.
Johnny Bravo went above and beyond to make our stay exta special. He was also a fabulous entertainer at the shows that we went to in the evening. I can't say enough about the great times we all had. Over the years five different couples went there because of me and three of the couples have gone back. I also should mention how super clean the hotel, the rooms and the grounds are kept. We can't wait to go back. We hope that Johnny Bravo will always stay there...he's great!!

Room Tip: Go to Johnny Bravo classes and shows
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen H
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa as the hotel to enjoy your vacation and we also thank you for writing this comment about your experience here at our resort.
We are very happy to read that you had a great vacation and that you have recommend us to your friends.
We also appreciate your recommendation to other future guests.
Hope to have you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I've been a member at this magnificent resort for nearly a decade, and I can tell you it's the best place you can ever go to. They have 5 beaches plus a Shareholder beach (private one for Shareholders) and all of them have a view to die for! They also have comfortable beds to relax and enjoy yourself during the day.

Recently, I've been going to the Tropical for daily activities and I've got to say the activity directors do an amazing job to keep the guest entertained and having fun. I've got to give a shoutout to John Cena for his daily water aerobic workout (so much fun), Pouchi Pouchi, Jhonny Bravo, Big Bamboo and Banana. They all did a great job and you can tell they love their jobs!!

The high class gourmet food is delicious!! How can you not enjoy it? All the staff is amazing and so nice! Also, don't forget to go to the pre-show every night at 9:00pm to have a laugh with Caramello, the entertainment supervisor, he is halarious and will make you die from laughter!

I highly recommend people to come to this resort, you will have the best time EVER!! By the end of the trip, you will have a bunch of new friends and leave relaxed.

-Bryanna

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bryanna M
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience among us and for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa for your holidays.

We are very glad to read your positive feedback about the different services and our staff. We really appreciate your nice comments about the food and specially our entertainers.

We will be pleased to welcome you back again.

Warmest Regards,

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recently visited the tropical hotel at Lifestyles Puerto Plata. It was a great experience. The resort was beautiful. The views were breath taking. Everything was clean and there was so much to do. The entertainment was so much fun too. The daily activities were awesome and the staff made sure to get every one involved. John Cena was the daily instructor he was the best. He really knew how to get the crowd involved. He is also part of the entertainment at night and made it worth partaking in. By far the best staff around. I would recommend this resort to people of all ages.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diane M
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa as the hotel to enjoy your vacation and we also would like to thank you for writing this nice comment about your experience and our staff.

We are very glad to read that you had a great vacation and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again very soon.

Best regards.

The Management.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 November 2013

John Cena is deffinetly the best memeber of the Animation Team at The Tropical!!! The aerobics in the morning was super fun. He made our whole stay there memorable, it would not be the same without him! Cannot wait to go back for another stay to see him and the rest of the Animation Team :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca R
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing the memorable stay you had at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach & Spa resort.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate John Cena for providing a great hospitality.

Best Regards,