“ENTERTAINMENT & CASABLANCA BUFFET”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Canton, Massachusetts
“ENTERTAINMENT & CASABLANCA BUFFET”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was my 1st time in the DR & I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful staff at the Tropical Lifestyle. If anyone can get you up and dancing by the pool it's a wonderful group of young men who make up the entertainment staff. They are equally enthusiastic, fun, social and extremely outgoing. You'll be dancing the Meringue or Bachata before the night is over! They consist of Jhony Bravo, John Cena, Lenny Cravitz, Big Bamboo & Puci Puci. They are so much fun that even the shyest of people cannot help but get up and dance around the pool. They also participate in the evening shows at the colloseum as well. All of them are so cute. Me gusta mucho! Another friendly worker I have to mention is "Mosquito". Even though his specialty is underwater sports he is always there with a big smile and friendly words. These people make you feel as if you already have friends even though it's your first time there. As far as the Buffet waiters & waitresses I've never met a finer crew. To mention just a few, Carlos Esteves, Jacqueline Esteves, Kelvin, Reuben & tons more. They are the sweetest people I've ever met! I went with 3 other friends and all 4 of us enjoyed Tropical immensely. You could go by yourself there & never feel alone.

Janice Calderon

2 Thank Janice C
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that our staff and services were up to your expectations. We will forward your review especially to our entertainment and food and beverage staff.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,016)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Pooler, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a wonderful time at this resort. The staff is very friendly and helpful! One of the highlights of my trip was doing the water aerobics. John Cena was AMAZING! He made the workout so much fun. Also, I had recently had surgery on my ankle and he adjusted his exercises to make sure I was able to do all of them.

1 Thank Dileene B
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience among us and for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa for your holidays.

We are very glad to read your positive feedback about our staff. we will congratulate John Cena for providing a great hospitality.

We will be pleased to welcome you back again.

Best Regards,

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I went with my family for thanksgiving weekend and it was horrible. We were 4 adults and 2 children in 2 rooms. First of all when we arrived at the reception we were received with a smile which mad us feel welcomed but the person that gave us the hotel information didnt really do a good job at this. She just told us which buffet areas we had access to and that we had access to the VIP Beach, not to know that the VIP beach is divided in 2, one for members and the other side for the rest of the guests. We felt really bad when we tried to go into the beach and were told that we could not go to this side. While still at the reception area I heard noised as if a construction was underway so I asked the person and she confirmed this and I asked if our room was near that she said no and guess what, the construction was next to our building (#5)
The construction was the first thing we saw when we opened the door of our room. When we get to the rooms in one them the bathroom drains were clogged and the room filled with water, after a couple of hours we were given another room which also had problems with the drains, the shower filled with water up to our ankles while we showered. The furniture in the rooms are really old, to say that one of the chairs fell over and the bottom fell off of it!! That is incredible!!! The service in the buffet area was really bad we sat at the table and not one person came by our table and asked if we wanted water or anything else to drink but I noticed that people sat at tables next to ours and were waited on immediately (I had a feeling that this happened because we are dominican and the people around us were from other countries, I really don't want to think that but its the only thing that comes to mind ) Now let me tell you about the food, it was horrible, there was not a good variety to choose from. Bottom line, I wont recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Never accept a room in building #5 !!
1 Thank Mel C
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the observations concerning the service at the hotel, and we are sorry that we were not able to impress you with some of our services and amenities at the resort.
We are in the business to bring an enjoyable and excellent experience to all of our guests.

Our rooms are in general in very good conditions even though, we have a continuous maintenance improvement plan in place for our rooms.
We must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of food and drinks has always been very elevated according to the opinions reflected in our satisfaction questionnaires.
Besides, the selection of products that compose our gastronomically supply is done taking into consideration the diversity of the guests who visit us.
We sincerely regret that the quality of the food offered in our Hotel have not met your expectations after all.

We appreciate your observations which are treated with the utmost interest, since we believe that this is the best way to know what specific points we must focus our attention to improve in all aspects.

Best Regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hello there folks. I just got back from another wonderful vacation in the DR. I stayed at this resort in July and again in November. The resort is clean, the food is good, and the staff is amazing. My Dominican mother Jacqueline took care of me while dining. My friends John Cena, Jhony Bravo, Bambuu, George of the Jungle, Banana, Puchi Puchi, and so many more made my time here unforgettable. They never lacked for a good laugh or fun activity. If you're looking for an affordable, but great place to vacation, come here! You can beat Jhony Bravo in pool like I did .

1 Thank Arielle G
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa as the hotel to enjoy your vacation. We are very glad to read that you had a wonderful vacation and we will congratulate our animation staff and Jacqueline about your nice comments regarding them.

We hope to see you back soon in our lovely hotel.

Claxton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

There were 6 family members, my husband and I ,3 daughters and a granddaughter, that enjoyed the week at The Tropical. The service was excellent. Our housekeeper Raquel went above and beyond to keep us supplied with water. John Cena the water aerobics instructor was amazing he got everyone involved in the workout. Two of our waiters at breakfast Froiland and Ava were very attentive as well. The only negative thing that comes to mind is that the rooms we had, although clean, need to be upgraded.

1 Thank Annie B
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. We would like to thank you for your kind comments. Your feedback will provide motivation and confidence to keep working to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again and continue providing the most unforgettable experiences.

Piermont, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Jonny Bravo was great It was my third time visiting the DR Loved his shows at the
colisium and in the pool enjoyed the morning aqua classes. He was a pleasure and seemed to genuinely care about all the participants in the class as well as giving credit to his co-workers

1 Thank Anne F
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your nice comments about our entertainers.

We will be pleased to welcome you back again, and please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival to help you to enjoy your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This was my second time to this hotel and it did not disappoint. I came this time from NYC with my mom for a week. We got a great deal and everything was great. The staff is friendly and accommodating, there are lots of things to do -- shows and fun entertainment throughout the day. The entertainment team is great -- Lenny kraviz, puchi puchi, bamboo, and Jonny bravo were so much fun and very friendly and engaging. But my favorite was the amazing john cena ❤️❤️❤️- he was super sweet, fun, funny and professional. Loved his daily aerobics class. We really missed him during our last two days here!
This is a great place to visit and lots of fun. Will definitely try to come back!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank kristaes1
Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that our staff and services were up to your expectations. I will forward your review especially to our entertainment staff.