The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
New York City, New York
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I love to travel, probably one of the best resorts to go to with friends and family. Staff makes the trip that much funner :). Went with a group of 5 25 year old girls, 2 moms and my grandmother, had a blast with everyone. Having the VIP membership is the only way to do it! The vip beaches, pools, restaurants are fabulous! Hookah bar is definitely my favorite spot to relax. The shows and entertainment were great. The staff was extremely friendly, MUY CALIENTE! and personable we made a lot of great friends! I had a FUN time with John Cena, he is an amazing dancer and such a sweetheart. The bartenders at VIP pool were very fun as well. I cant wait to come back to see the staff, and have another amazing vacation with my girlfriends :)! I miss it already, Cant wait to escape NYC and get back to Puerto Plata in december!

-cec

Room Tip: stay in a villa
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you again enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team, especially to the mentioned ones!
Thank you for making Lifestyle Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
The managment

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,025)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Absolutely amazing!! Second time going and my mom goes twice a year! I haven't been there and 2 years and as soon as I seen lenny he recognized me and my brother and came over and said hi moskito and john cina were some other excellent workers look at them as friends looking to go back in a couple months! They hang out with you all day and they know you by name even tho they meet thousands of people every day all workers were so friendly and welcoming they hang out with you and keep you entertained. The night entertainment is amazing! They have amazing costumes and amazing traditional dancing D a dancer that was there my last visit is one of the best dancers I've ever seen you are amazed how talented and how well put together the entertainment is on the other side if your looking to just relax and don't enjoy all the entertainment the resort is so big you can enjoy the quiet and privacy if you have children it is very safe and you don't have to worry if they do their own thing love it and can't wait to go back if I could I would live on the resort they treat you like family!
-alison, NY

• Stayed April 2014
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Alison,
Thank you for having chosen The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata already for the2nd time and for sharing your experience with us through this website.
It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful vacation in our resort.
We are also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon back at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata.
Kind Regards
The Managment
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great time as always, been home one day looking to book it for this june, thankyou to all staff, been there number of times , they make us feel like we are special, they remember our names, thank you all my friends at the pool john cena, johnny bravo coffee lenny , pouchie, even the towel boy, you guys are awesome, very friendly careing , dolores,

Room Tip: Building 3,,,, first floor,,,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dolores,
Thank you for having chosen The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata once again and for sharing your experience with us through this website.
It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful vacation in our resort.
We are also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you soon back at your second home away from home, The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata.
Kind Regards
London
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Warning, unless you are a gold vip save your money. We booked into this hotel for a 6 night beach vacation and were not given accessibility information, ie locations of all amenities such as nightly entertainment, restaurants etc. Our room was shabby, had cockroaches and had problems with door locks, and a broken shower just to name a few. Upon check-in you are assigned dinner reservations and have no choice which a la cart you would actually like to attend. (Requests to change restaurants were rejected, as were time changes - ours were for 9pm!). The "beach" was a sliver of sand between the VIP lounge/beds and the water...no chairs on the beach, and what beach area there was had not been groomed and smelled like sewage. Despite being assured (by groupon) that once we said no thank you to a time share (VIP 3 hr tour) we would not be harassed we were continually approached. Food was mundane.
If you have any physical limitations stay away as there are stairs everywhere!!! Up, down, multiple sets of stairs to get to water, pool, rooms. The grounds are beautiful and the wait staff were lovely! ( the only saving grace to staying here).
All in all Highly displeased and will not return.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Cvnurse70
Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities.
We sincerely regret that, on this occasion, we were not able to fully meet your expectations and we would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced.
With best regards
The Managment
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th visit to Dominican republic since September 2013. My first time at this resort. Reception was friendly. I was upgraded to a junior suite. The room was large and very clean. Only odd thing was no shower curtain so a lot of water was on the floor daily. The maid (siri parra) was wonderful. Rooms 4114+4112 highly recommend. The buffet was enjoyable. The pools were clean and nice. Towel guys slightly rude. VIP area was wonderful. Outdoor jaccuzzis and beds and better drinks and a great menu. The cofresi beach is not as nice as playa dorado but here there aren't vendors hassling you. A higher class place to stay. Thursday and Sundays VIP puts on amazing shows. You can get shuttled anywhere you want to go. Ice bar at cofresi smells really musky but it is a blast dancing. Bellini restaurant is good during the day for pizza and pasta. Overall this resort is very beautiful but far too big for my liking. The bartender Denny ureña was very good! Suggestions: let tourists know about all the things offered right away. It wasn't until day 4 I knew about shuttles and bellini and the colussium. Also over charging locals. I got this trip for $733. Locals have to pay $100 a night. Craziness. But I guess it does limit the weekend locals which many other tourists complain about. Rating...at least 4+ stars. 3.5 in simply incorrect.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Christine,
Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.
We also are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program which includes a wide range of delicious food and beverage and the different activities.
It is an honor to know that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.
We thank you for taking your time sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again!
With best regards
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I LOOOOOOVED this place. There is lots to do here. The resort has daily events that are great to attend, starting with the VIP Welcome Party. They are put on by the employees there who you get to see on the daily. Their staff is super friendly and make you feel welcomed and part of the group.

This was my first trip to DR and my first staying at a resort, I was hesitant about a resort because I wanted to get a feel for something more cultural, but I was able to obtain it as they offer trips into the city and some Dominican food options. They also have a show at the coliseum where they dance in traditional attire.

The guys there who go by the names, Moskito, John Sena, and Koffee gave us great advice and were just amazing people to hangout with at the resort. I considered them my friends while there -- and now :) They make themselves readily available, they hangout with you, remember and acknowledge you. They teach you how to dance and are super hilarious - very good people! I would go back to the same place just for them.

The rooms are spacious, they have a working fridge, TV, and restroom - not that we ever really stayed in the room.

The beach is really pretty and it is not packed - super close to the rooms no matter where you stay. In this location you get to have both beauties, the mountain side and the beach. I would suggest waking up semi-early; there is lots to do and the time goes by so fast.

You can always go to the staff I mentioned above and ask them to guide you in the right direction should you not know what to do -- but I don't see that being an issue.

I went with another friend and we had a blast! We met people staying at the resort who were amazing and made friends with them and the staff.

Order lots of Sol Dominicano's, Pina Colada's and Mama Juana's - these beverages are delicious. For food, go out to the city at least once if you are looking for authentic food, but even at the resort their options are not bad and they have plenty. Plus they automatically book you for 2 dinner reservations.

I would just say go, go! have a good time! It's amazing!

P.S. and if you see any of the staff I mentioned, tell them I said, Hola :)

-Ruby C.

Room Tip: Vip Room - we had room 2009 it was a great location.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ruby,
The nice notes like the one you kindly posted on the Trip Advisor webpage are very appreciated by us. Thank you for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. It was delightful for all our staff to read that you appreciate the service of all of them and the facilities at the resort. Your comments encourage us to continue improving our services.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to be able to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 April 2014

As my first trip to the Dominican I couldn't have planned a more fun or relaxing place. As an avid reader I often lay by the pool all day and soak up as much sun shine as possible. Thanks to John Cena, Johnny Bravo, and Coffee, I didn't even want to read!! They were so entertaining and active. I wanted to do water aerobics and play volleyball, any activity and I was in. They made my experience wonderful. Being able to say hi to guys who knew my name at evening shows, events, and parties was the best. I felt welcome and enjoyed every moment. the entertainers are so great and help make the experience wonderful.

Room Tip: Building 6 was awesome, quiet and right by the pool!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your nice comments. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
Sunny regards