“Our 4th time :)”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
“Our 4th time :)”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My friends and I love this resort because there is always something new to discover and we love coming back. We stayed in the crown suites this time from a deal through Groupon and we were VIP and it was so amazing. We were taken care of and the restaurants were so good. We loved Frank and Olivier from crown suites they were so nice and accommodating to us each day. We love Jose and Javier from Casa Blanca. The entertainment staff works so hard there and we have bonded with them: john cena, puchi, Tairis, Lenny kravitz, mosquito, lil bow wow, Caramelo. We will definitely be back :) <3

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Alee0033
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for having chosen The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata already for the 4th time and for sharing your experience with us through this website.
It is a pleasure to read, that you again had a wonderful vacation in our resort.
We are also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.
On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon back at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata.
Kind Regards
The managment

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,029)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We booked our trip thru a living social deal. Overall, it was a relaxing trip but we were slighlty disappointed. We had a superior room. We had to call housekeeping almost every single day for something. Hair dryer, iron, tv didnt work. Sometimes they would fail to give us soap. Bathroom shower would always be clogged up. Food was the biggest disappointment. It was all buffets for the most part, but had no flavor. If you want to go to a non buffet restaurant, you have to make reservations in advance, otherwise they will not let you in. Sometimes employees at the front desk would give us different answers to the questions we were asking.
I think the best time to arrive at this resort is during the weekday. Weekends are hectic in the lobby and it gets loud and rowdy. We arrived on a monday and left on saturday. We had ppl banging on our door at 6 in the morning and waking everyone up that saturday morning.
Melvin at Casablanca restaurant was awesome.
Shows were good too and entertaining. You wont be bored at night.
Spa on the beach was amazing too.
People from the island were really sweet and friendly.
They took us to the VIP resorts and beaches and it was breathtaking. But if you are not VIP you are not allowed into those beaches.
Overall it was a good trip, but just be prepared to be disappointed in the food.

Room Tip: We were in Building 5, which was quiet for the most part.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JOI01
Thank you for choosing The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata for your holidays.
We take all guest feedback very seriously because we want improve with you, and we're constantly changing all aspects of our service and facilities. Thank you to give us your honest point of view about our property and services. On behalf of the entire Lifestyle staff, please accept our apologize for any discomfort you may have encountered.
We thank you for your feedback. It helps us to improve our standards of service.
Yours Sincerely,
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I just got back from Lifestyles Resort and loved it! The entertainment around the pool area and beaches were always fantastic if you like getting involved and having fun. These guys have so much energy and always have a smile on their faces. Some specific people who made my experience that much better and treated us like friends would be Jhony Bravo, John Cena, Coffee, Puchi Puchi, Tahi Ris, Mosquito, and George of the Jungle, so be sure to check them out!

1 Thank Niomi R
Dear Niomi
Thank you so much for your nice comments. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Tropical was way beyond what we expected! And at an amazing weekly rate that could not be beat! It was a gorgeous sprawling resort with great amenities, restaurants/food, activities/parties and service. I even had a private yoga session with the best instructor at the resort--thank you John Cena! We met so many fun, happy people and are sad to be home now. We would absolutely go back to The Tropical in the future!

~Pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katie Q
Dear Katy,
Thank you for your nice comments.We are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program which includes a wide range of delicious food and beverage and the different activities. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
The mamagment
Rego Park, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stay at the Lifesytle Tropical Beach Resort. I had an opportunity to meet Dawil Castillio the front desk Receptionist who was extremly helpful in welcoming my friends and I to the hotel. This was my second trip to Lifestyle tropical Beach Resort. Funny he remember us from my last vistit. He was extremly friendly and courtous, pleasant, Dawil had all knowlege skills of the english language he spoke both english and spanish which made it easier to transition.

Dawil made sure that my accomdation were great. and follow up on any request that I asked for.

The bar and waiter staff were great. everyone was extremely friendly. Had a great time
Great food and Staff.

Michael Davis

3 Thank Michael D
Dear Michael
Thank much for your nice comments. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The service provided by all all workers including the servers at the restaurants, the entertainers, the salesmen for various services such as spa, horseback riding, photography, and watersports were phenomenal. All of them had a unique demeanor and outstanding enthusiasm for their work. They made this experience better than I expected. Because of them I could truly have a vacation.
The names that come to mind are:
Melvin, Kelvin, Jose, Marino, Victor (servers), Reidy, Manny (watersports salesmen), Ariel, Charlie and Manuel (photographers), Romeo (security), Gary (provided information on the spa as well as other services), John, McGuill (horseback riding service) and William (bartender). Most importantly, the people working at the animation center and entertainment centers including Lenny Kravitz, Jhon Cena, Jhony Bravo, Mosquito, Coffee, Tahi Ris, Puchi Puchi, and George of the Jungle. Without them theatre shows, nightly entertainment at the colleseum and casa blanca, towel rentals, spanish lessons, VIP party, wateraerobics, and dance lessons would not be possible. Some of these activities were essential for immersing myself into the Dominican culture and for enjoying the resort.
The food was absolutely amazing. The only thing was that we only experienced casablanca and bellini due to lack of availability for reservations. However, both were incredible as well as the food served to us right on the beach!
This was my first time in the Dominican Republic and I will return to this resort as soon as I can! It was a trip with my friend but I want to bring my whole family next time.

Dear Nicole
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.
We also are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program which includes a wide range of delicious food and beverage and the different activities.
It is an honor to know that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again!
Kind regards
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family and I have been to this Ressort many times since 2012 and every time that we come back it is so different than the last. Everyone enjoys it and we feel closer as a family. I like that we do not have to go to a different place every Thursday night to celebrate Bravissimo, we dont even need to worry about getting around the resort because of the shuttle busses that take you where you need to go. The last time we went to the resort was on the first week of April; I participed on the daily enterteinment and I even got some free delicious coffee. Tairis, Lenny Kravitz, Jhon Cena, pochi, Moskito all made the difference to the resort by entertaining every body and always with a smile on their face. What can we say about the buffet breakfast it was so good specially when Carmen the woman that makes the fruit juices, she already knew what I like and how I like it (papaya juice with not sugar). It was amazing how she still remenber about it. All I can say all the staff are very friendly, efficient, and meets our needs specially Hassan the chef from Cofresi. We met him last year and he still remembers about us. Also the staff from Blue Lagoon after ICE closed we had the opportunity to go eat , drink and listen to more music after hours. Santos, Jesus, Montero and the rest were so nice and friendly. I would like to say thank you to the staff at the resort for a pleasurable and memorable time there and I am looking forward to coming back in the future with a couple of my co workers.

Room Tip: just come and enjoy it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Lorena
It was delightful for all our staff to read that you appreciate the service of all of them and the facilities at the resort. Your comments encourage us to continue improving our services.
Thank you for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to be able to welcome you back.
With best regards