“Lifestyle Tropical Family Trip-E2014”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had another blast in Puerto Plata at The Lifestyle Tropical Resort for the second year running and planning on more! Everything was clean, room was great, food was good and the staff was, as always, very upbeat and they really make the trip fun. I do have a few recommendations. Papi, you need golf lessons! Salami, you need a haircut! George, turn up the music and shake "what yo mama gave ya!" John, where do I start, over? You guys were great and made my family feel like you were lifelong friends. Alex plans to school you in Ping Pong next year, Papi and I will, once again, be the golf champion! Back one day and looking forward to next year. Almost al of the food was delicious. The Mexican Restaurant was okay. I am having omelet DT's already! Okay, the bad side now. OFFER PEPSI FOR BREAKFAST, PLEASE! Forgo the pleasure of the membership tour. Learn how to say "No, thank you" on your first morning 8am phone call. After you say no 4 times, you can get out of it. Be direct! All else was great. Gracias Amigos!!!

Room Tip: Close to pool!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul E
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team!
Thank you for making Lifestyle Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have traveled to many places including most of the Carribean, several cruises, Europe and even Africa and this was by far the best vacation I have experienced and primarily because of the service I received from the moment I walked in to sign in and was greeted by Francisco Diaz who told me he would give me the best room with a view and that he did. The view while lying in bed was breath taking. The service even at the buffet, especially Jackie and Odolis was spectacular. Carlos called and checked on us every day to assure that we were still experiencing good service and had no complaints. Fresh flowers were left in our room with every cleaning! I would recommend this place to everyone. If your looking to visit a beautiful Carribean island that provides superb customer service that truly makes you feel you are in paradise this is the place to visit but you have to go all inclusive VIP.

Room Tip: Room 6311 has the best view!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lydia R

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family stayed at The Tropical June 5/24 - 5/31/14. The resort was very well kept and the grounds are beautiful with tropical foliage everywhere. The room was basic and can use updated furnishings and T.V. We left house keeping a couple of $ each day and they stocked the fridge and there were always clean towels. They were always very accommodating and had a smile and a Hola for you each day. The bed was very comfortable. The Sunday V.I.P. party was wonderful. Had a great time. The Thursday party was fun but very crowded. The V.I.P. Beach was great with the Bali beds and wait service. Need to get there before 8:00 am to get a covered bed, but they were always available after around 3:00 pm. The pools were clean and the animation team was always the life of the party. A shout out to John Cena, Puchi Puchi, Salami, and mosquito. These guys go out of their way to make your stay as fun as possible. The staff were very friendly. I also want to mention some of the staff at Casablanca. Ana Maria Polanco, Raul Munoz and Melvin always had a smile and a warm greeting. I have to say the staff at Casablanca was awesome. The only issue that we had with this resort was the food. The buffets were ok, with always something to eat. The Blue Lagoon, the Mexican restaurant was pretty good. The Italian and Dominican restaurants were not good at all. Unfortunately, we had some digestive issues. My son was sick where he was unable to leave the room for 24 hours. It took two weeks for him to feel "normal". He even went to the doctor to make sure he didn't have a parasite. He didn't, but I don't know if he would want to return to this resort. I myself was sick for about 6 hours and the rest of my family felt nauseous at times. We did not drink the water and brushed our teeth with bottled water, so it must be the food. Other people at the resort also had similar issues. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I would consider returning if the the price was right. The friendly people and well maintained grounds make this resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities. Please accept our apologize for any discomfort you may have encountered and we are glad to learn that however you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My three sisters and I went to the Tropical for a sister vacation and had a blast! Although the food should definitely be improved on, the drinks were amazing. The best part of my experience was the entertainment and the staff during the morning and afternoon. Salami, John Cena, Lenny Kravitz, and Pucchi Pucchi made spending time at the pool fun & they were all so sweet to my sisters and I! Be ready for a great time with these guys with an amazing view of the ocean with amazing weather (much better than the unpredictable weather in Chicago)!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

In reading the reviews before visiting this resort, I felt like I had gotten into something bad. Once I arrived there with my husband and another couple, we had such a blast of a time. We had never experienced an all inclusive land trip. My husband and I have visited many cruise and land trips in the past (but not all inclusive). We were not VIP members. We were treated like royalty. We were waited on at the beach front, restaurants, and parties with promptness and with good manners and respect. This trip came with relaxation, fun, and joy. We will return when we find a VIP member to rent from, because we have a large amount of people to that want to go. Facebook Ponchy Evans

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 05-31-2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.
We also are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program which includes a wide range of delicious food and beverage and the different activities.
It is an honor to know that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff.
We thank you for taking your time sharing your opinion with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon with family and friends!
Best regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My best friend was turning 40 and we wanted to do something special for her. We found Prestige Vacations on HomeAway, which is run by one of the Shareholders of the Resort- here's their website: http://www.prestigeworldwidevacations.com/home.html. I reached out to them and the Shareholder called immediately and was extremely helpful, friendly and organized. He answered all of my questions and made me feel completely comfortable in booking.

The package we got with this Shareholder included Gold VIP bracelets which I will be honest in saying is ESSENTIAL when at this resort. I've read my share of negative reviews here and I can tell you that having VIP status is literally the key to getting the best experience. It was a total of 6 of us so we rented a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom Villa. The Villa itself was phenomenal and we got every single thing that was promised to us- private pool, daily maid service with a fresh cooked breakfast, privacy and luxury. Our VIP Conceirge was fantastic and gave us a lot of great tips about navigating the Resort.

The restaurants/food were all ok. I was prepared for it not being great as per many reviews. Something to be aware of that a lot of people don't think about is that this is tropical country where processed foods are not very common and most of their ingredients are natural. So believe it or not, most of the stomach problems ppl experience while there (I had them, too) are caused by our own bodies not being used to non-processed ingredients. That being said, the real standouts for restaurants were Jazz and Anja's Lounge, both of which are VIP restaurants. Again, I'm assuming that most people don't plan a vacation to the tropics bc they want to eat the whole time so as long as you realize ahead of time that the food won't be awesome, but passable, you'll be fine.

There are three VIP beaches that were amazing, with Serenity Beach being the best bc it's completely isolated from the main resort with only VIPs and Shareholders having access. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing stay without overcrowding, kids, music etc, Serenity Beach is your jam. We had our own Golf Cart that came with the Villa which was incredibly convenient for getting places.

Another thing that we needed to keep in check is that you're on an island and everyone there is on island time so you have adjust your expectations. People and service are more laid back and there isn't an extreme urgency to things like some of us might be used to. If anything, that's kind of the point of relaxing- not stressing and such so it's just something that we had to acclimate to which helped tremendously.

Lastly, about tippiing: I'll admit we didn't totally know how this works over there and we did get a little tip-happy, but it's something you figure out rather quickly. We tipped our VIP Concierge for his great work, we tipped our Maid at the end of the week that took great care of us. On the beach, the best strategy is to make sure one person is taking care of you at all times and then tip them at the end of your stay.

All in all, it was the perfect surprise for my best friend and we all had an unbelievable time together. I highly recommend this resort again, so long as you get the Gold VIP Bracelets.

Room Tip: If you're able to get a group together, whether it be friends or family, the Crown Villas are PA...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fabio M

We highly appreciate that you have taken part of you valuable time on posting your opinion of one of our LHVR units on Trip advisor nevertheless please note that your descriptions and comments of the property lead us to realize that you stayed at the Crown Villas and not at The Tropical resort.
So if possible we kindly ask you to remove your comment from The Tropical to Crown Villas
Here you have the right link for you review:
Villas:

Thank you and warm regards.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It is all about the color of your wrist band. I felt a little like a carrier pigeon with a leg band. They have different types, from basic to super VIP, but Cheap Caribbean is not high on the list. They give you dinner reservations when you check in, and you are stuck with those unless you can change them, not likely, but you can check after 2:00pm.

It started the moment we got there. Our first room didn't have air conditioning and we asked for it to be fixed, but the guy couldn't fix it. So, we had to change rooms the next day because it got so warm. I did leave tips like sugggested in other posts, maybe it wasn't enough, because they never put in sodas or water after the first day.. We had to call the front desk every day and they still never brought sodas, but the water we got from the maid, we found in the hallway. The rooms are basic, but clean and maintained.

The food is another situation, it was horrible. We went to breakfast the next day and they did a hard sell for the resort - think time share. We finally had to just tell them to stop bothering us. Breakfast wasn't so bad except the birds kept flying in and eating the food from the serving areas. The food for lunch and dinner was horrible, but it was what I expected for the price. The hot dogs that they serve at night at the Blue Lagoon, expect to the the leftovers the next day in the breakfast menu. We did try the Indochiine restaruant, but we got up and left halfway. We finally went off property to a restaurant that was great. We went there twice.

The grounds were beautiful. The pictures that I took were in the morning before any of the guests came out. There are large mango trees throughout the property.

We were there off season, so that might explain the food and attention.

Room Tip: Choose anything away from the main pool. They moved us to building 4 and it was very nice and quiet...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SandyCO64

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced; we sincerely regret that, on this occasion, we were not able to fully meet your expectations.
Be sure that all supervisors have been informed about the recommendations that you have highlighted and we are already working on our hotel operation accordingly.
Please be also informed that the mini bar gets, as by contract with Cheap Caribbean, restocked daily with water but not sodas.
Ones again, we are sorry for any inconveniences
Yours Sincerely,