The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Elizabeth, New Jersey
“FABULOUS!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I stayed 7 nights at the Tropical resort and we loved it. Our room was clean smelled fresh, the food was great and drinks were awesome, the cabanas we so relaxing such a beautiful view. Sunday party was amazing I recommend you see all the shows everyday is an amazing show at 9.15 at the Coliseum. The also choose people from the audience to participate in the games and is so hilarious. The staff is friendly the towel pool guy name Jorge already knew my name and number they make you feel right at home. I must say this trip was so much fun thanks to John Cena, Salami, Leny Cravis, Mosquieto, and Papi. They sure do know how to have fun we played Bingo, Golf, water balloon toss, Darts, and much much more. We had two dinner reservations El Pilon and The Italian restaurant and it was delicious. We definitely enjoyed ourselves and will come again next year to my buddies Cena Mosquieto and PAPIi see you soon. PAPIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiii hasta el proximo ano.........,MELISSSAAAAAAA

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa G
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team!
Thank you for making Lifestyle Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,014)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2014

When I booked the trip I was very nervous because a lot of the reviews were wishy washy. But clearly everyone is entitled to their own opinions, because I had the best time of my life. The staff were the most friendliest people, EVER. They try to accommodate you to ensure your happiness.

PROS- there is always something to do; activities poolside, entertainment at night. make sure you don't miss the foam party on Thursday nights!!!! There is a huge party for everyone on Sunday night, which was nice. You're allowed to visit their sister hotels and pools for free. GREAT drinks, nothing was "watered down", get the TIKITIKI (simply amazing) and the mamajuanaa drinks make you "HOT" (WINK) so if you're single dont get it lol I really enjoyed eating at Johnnys Restaurant.

CONS- FIRST OF ALL, THERE IS A $10 ENTRY FEE INTO THE COUNTRY, WHICH WAS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS ESP AFTER PAYING SO MUCH FOR OUR TICKETS.NOBODY WARNED US, WHAT IF I DIDN'T HAVE MONEY ON ME?!?! THAT PISSED ME OFF AND THERE IS A $25 EXIT FEE TOO BUT SUPPOSEDLY YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY IT. pool and beaches close at 7pm SMH. I hated the fact that they give you certain times to eat, for instance breakfast was only from 7am to 10am so if you didn't wake up early enough, you would have to wait until 12pm-4pm to eat lunch and then dinner 6pm-10pm. They weren't enough options, granted there were so many restaurants but most of them tasted bland. The best food was when they gave you reservations to a special restaurant, however you have to go when they tell you, you can't pick the date or time. I missed the first reservation because it was during the foam party and they gave us a little hard time to reschedule. The best part of the beach was laying in the cabanas,but you would have to wake up super early to grab one because there isn't enough for everyone. I hated how people woke up to grab one and keep their crap on it ALL day but never return. I think there should be time limits and if you're nowhere near the beach you shouldn't be allowed to have a cabana because its not fair to everyone. Last. my package included the non motorized sports for free with horseback but they do everything in their power to make you do something else and charge you too much. The trick is to make friends with everyone because there are secrets. For instance, they have something called Paradise Island and Extreme Adventure which was really fun but don't pay the asking price. There are people who know people who sell the same thing for half the price, so ask around.

Last, if you plan on leaving the resort for "authentic food" or whatever reasons. MAKE SURE you asked to be charged in pesos because once they think you have american money they will overcharge you, so once they give you the bill say oh my i have american lol met a girl who paid $40 for one entree and i paid $7 for the exact same food. don't be fooled.

Shoutout to my favorite STAFF: Salami, Jon Cina, Lenny Cravitz, Cuchi Cuchi, Mateo, Ulises, Alba, Melvin, Jean Milforde, Alex Zurdo, Angel Gonzalez, Jordan Gonzalez!!! All of the staff were super nice but this group was the awesome! Our housekeeping lady was marvelous too, i forgot her name, our room was 1108 so whoever she was, God bless her heart <3

dont buy anything off groupon because their deal is very different than cheap carribean. i promise! also, dont take a taxi to the hotel from the airport, it costs $50 both ways so if your package has a shuttle service TAKE IT. i only paid $28 FOR ROUNDTRIP.

Room Tip: the rooms were very much outdated and I saw roaches, i heard the villas were a much better fit.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Stephanie P
Thank you for taking time to share your review with us.
We take all guest feedback very seriously because we want improve with you, and we're constantly changing all aspects of our service and facilities. Thank you to give us your honest point of view about our property and services. On behalf of the entire Lifestyle staff, please accept our apologize for any discomfort you may have encountered.
We thank you for your feedback. It helps us to improve our standards of service and we hope to welcome you soon again.
Yours Sincerely,
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Everyone's so friendly amd helpful. Food was good and drinks flowed like a river. The cabanas were so wonderful and the parties were crazy fun. I have to give a shout out to the wonderful Salami, Jon Cina, Lenny Cravitz, Cuchi Cuchi and Rudi. They were so much fun and were every where. The flowers were also great they were so helpful and attentive. Tips will get you a long way as is truein most places. So if you think you don't have to fine but remember a good salary here is $250 per month so..... I stayed the end of May through the beginning of June. Weather was very nice it only really rained our last night. It may have sprinkled a few time but nothing really noticeable.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your nice comments. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
Sunny regards
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had another blast in Puerto Plata at The Lifestyle Tropical Resort for the second year running and planning on more! Everything was clean, room was great, food was good and the staff was, as always, very upbeat and they really make the trip fun. I do have a few recommendations. Papi, you need golf lessons! Salami, you need a haircut! George, turn up the music and shake "what yo mama gave ya!" John, where do I start, over? You guys were great and made my family feel like you were lifelong friends. Alex plans to school you in Ping Pong next year, Papi and I will, once again, be the golf champion! Back one day and looking forward to next year. Almost al of the food was delicious. The Mexican Restaurant was okay. I am having omelet DT's already! Okay, the bad side now. OFFER PEPSI FOR BREAKFAST, PLEASE! Forgo the pleasure of the membership tour. Learn how to say "No, thank you" on your first morning 8am phone call. After you say no 4 times, you can get out of it. Be direct! All else was great. Gracias Amigos!!!

Room Tip: Close to pool!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul E
Lacey Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have traveled to many places including most of the Carribean, several cruises, Europe and even Africa and this was by far the best vacation I have experienced and primarily because of the service I received from the moment I walked in to sign in and was greeted by Francisco Diaz who told me he would give me the best room with a view and that he did. The view while lying in bed was breath taking. The service even at the buffet, especially Jackie and Odolis was spectacular. Carlos called and checked on us every day to assure that we were still experiencing good service and had no complaints. Fresh flowers were left in our room with every cleaning! I would recommend this place to everyone. If your looking to visit a beautiful Carribean island that provides superb customer service that truly makes you feel you are in paradise this is the place to visit but you have to go all inclusive VIP.

Room Tip: Room 6311 has the best view!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lydia R
Brentwood, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family stayed at The Tropical June 5/24 - 5/31/14. The resort was very well kept and the grounds are beautiful with tropical foliage everywhere. The room was basic and can use updated furnishings and T.V. We left house keeping a couple of $ each day and they stocked the fridge and there were always clean towels. They were always very accommodating and had a smile and a Hola for you each day. The bed was very comfortable. The Sunday V.I.P. party was wonderful. Had a great time. The Thursday party was fun but very crowded. The V.I.P. Beach was great with the Bali beds and wait service. Need to get there before 8:00 am to get a covered bed, but they were always available after around 3:00 pm. The pools were clean and the animation team was always the life of the party. A shout out to John Cena, Puchi Puchi, Salami, and mosquito. These guys go out of their way to make your stay as fun as possible. The staff were very friendly. I also want to mention some of the staff at Casablanca. Ana Maria Polanco, Raul Munoz and Melvin always had a smile and a warm greeting. I have to say the staff at Casablanca was awesome. The only issue that we had with this resort was the food. The buffets were ok, with always something to eat. The Blue Lagoon, the Mexican restaurant was pretty good. The Italian and Dominican restaurants were not good at all. Unfortunately, we had some digestive issues. My son was sick where he was unable to leave the room for 24 hours. It took two weeks for him to feel "normal". He even went to the doctor to make sure he didn't have a parasite. He didn't, but I don't know if he would want to return to this resort. I myself was sick for about 6 hours and the rest of my family felt nauseous at times. We did not drink the water and brushed our teeth with bottled water, so it must be the food. Other people at the resort also had similar issues. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I would consider returning if the the price was right. The friendly people and well maintained grounds make this resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities. Please accept our apologize for any discomfort you may have encountered and we are glad to learn that however you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My three sisters and I went to the Tropical for a sister vacation and had a blast! Although the food should definitely be improved on, the drinks were amazing. The best part of my experience was the entertainment and the staff during the morning and afternoon. Salami, John Cena, Lenny Kravitz, and Pucchi Pucchi made spending time at the pool fun & they were all so sweet to my sisters and I! Be ready for a great time with these guys with an amazing view of the ocean with amazing weather (much better than the unpredictable weather in Chicago)!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014