“Lovely Beach Facilities and VIP Pool! You must have a Gold Wrist Band!!!!!!!!!”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I really enjoyed my trip to LHVC in Puerto Plata. We stayed at the Presidential Suites and it is by far the best place to stay besides one of the nicer villas and it has FREE WI-FI. Daniel and the PS reception staff were superb and provided the BEST customer service with a smile at the whole resort. The rooms were clean, beautifully furnished. The pool was comfortable and clean also. I really enjoyed the on-site PS restaurant Jazz. The staff there was awesome and brought my daughter a birthday cake with her name on it and a special drink without me saying a word. I only told the VIP conceirge when I checked in!! Beyond PS the service on the beaches were great but outside of that - the service was just mediocre and sometimes just downright awful. LHVC should train their staff to be friendlier andmore customer-focused. The color of your Wristband really matters - Many guests with blue wrist bands were denied access to the nicer beaches with better food selctions and service and they were the complainers there and mostly online. My advice is go Gold or don't Go! My favs - OhCrepes (Serenity Beach), Scoops -Cold slab Ice cream boutique and the Beach Ave Grill (Harmony Beach), Fadi's Food Corner (NV Beach)- Best Pizza on the island. I enjoyed all the restaurants but hated the fact that you needed a reservation which by the way is sometimes impossible - but I got lucky. AZUL is the best restaurant on the island but if you can't get a dinner reservation go there for lunch. They have the best Salmon burgers. The resort definitely needs more restaurants because the buffets REALLY SUCK. The bland food is the worst and the service is dispicable! The shows were mediocre and by the end of the week all seemed the same. My advice to LHVC is to add more variety in entertainment. The welcome party was nice and the Thursday night party was awesome! Some of the activities - I went on the bana boat, jetskiing, a city tour with a cable car ride, Ocean World (for kids - swim with the dolphins), horseback riding and I even learned a bit of Spanish from Coco Loco at Cofresi Pool! He was awesome too! All & All I Had a ball! Going back again but staying in a Villa in October! NO BUFFET!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Presidential Suites or a Villa and make sure you have a Gold Wrist Band. All the people...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We highly appreciate that you have taken part of you valuable time on posting your opinion of one of our LHVR units on Trip advisor nevertheless please note that your descriptions and comments of the property lead us to realize that you stayed at the Presidential Suites and not at The Tropical resort.
So if possible we kindly ask you to remove your comment from The Tropical to Presidential Suites
Here you have the right link for you review:
PS:

Thank you and warm regards.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Great vacation! The staff was really attentive and hospitable. Our waiter from the Casablanca (Jose Rafael) was superb. He was the best waiter they had and we always made sure to sit in his area.
Entertainment was also great. The VIP party was awesome. Mr Salami Strong was fun and energetic and set the stage for people to have a good time.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. Your comments encourage us to continue improving our services.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to be able to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay at tropical was amazing, everybody was extremely friendly and sweet. Food was great and the service was like no other. The entertainment was great, salami in particular was super fun and energetic. The entire resort and all employees were helpful and kind and I would definitely plan to go back!

3  Thank tay_ruggiero

Thank you for your nice comments. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
Sunny regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love Lifestyles. Everybody is so kind and fun. The entertainers there always make my stay fun. Such as John Cena. He does water aerobics in the morning that i love! Hes an awesome worker there! The others are so much fun too. ((Salami, poochie, etc)). Its such a welcoming environment. Ill go back there every year if i can!!

4  Thank MaidofHearf
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Sunny regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I Wants to Thanks to all Employee of the Resort and Special to SALAMI STRONG and all Staff.. Was our first experience in Dominican Republic to me and my son .. And Salamy the Comedian guy was taking care my son like his Little Brother.. Playing Golf, Futballs. We have and Amazing weeks there . I will 100% Recommend to all family and friends to visit Tropicana Lifestyle beach in Puerto Plata. DR. Will definitive go back Again. Important set up all include much better..:). By Yohanny and Juan Carlos Villas .. NewYork City July 2014

Room Tip: All are good .. Love it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Yohanny V

Thank you for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. It was delightful for all our staff to read that you appreciate the service of all of them and the facilities at the resort. Your comments encourage us to continue improving our services.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Weather was wonderful, and there was always someone there to help. They bent over backward to accommodate us. There was a greeting that included a timeshare hello, but they were not pushy. Said we were not interested, and we were on our way, having fun the entire time. The only drawback - unless you are a gold member, the wifi is not readily available, or you must pay for it. For an all-inclusive package, it was well worth it!

Room Tip: Penthouses are wonderful, but a bit costly. We stayed in the residences and found it more than adeq...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katie P

It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team!
Thank you for making Lifestyle Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
The Management

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This resort, even as it gets bigger and bigger, still has a phenomenal foundation - the staff. Miriam in the Lobby bar is outstanding. She never forgets a face or a drink and will have one waiting there for you 1/2 the time!
Sisa, from housekeeping, did an outstanding job in cleaning my room. It was always done promptly and the beautiful flowers were always kept fresh. Every time I walked in the room, it even smelled clean - It did not go unnoticed!
At the buffet, Jacqueline, Dominica, and Eva are the best waitresses EVER!
At the pool bar, Nelson, David, and Nicanor serve up some mean drinks.
At the Sunday Night Welcome Party, Jose Luis did a perfect job keeping the drinks coming. He was always attentive and helpful. I will be sure to be on the lookout for his area when I return!
The animation staff is always improving. A special shout out to Jon Cena - the best brother a sister could ask for :) Mosquito, Puchi, Lenny, Salami, Wilson, George and Cappuccino go to great lengths to keep you laughing, get you involved, and ensure that your trip is always memorable.
Once again, my hats off to you all. I'm lucky to be part of your family and am blessed to be able to call this place my home away from home.
.... so now for my review... There is something for everyone and every age at this Hotel. The resort is bustling with activities and parties. If you are looking for peace and quite, you can find it at the VIP beaches, the quiet pool or Serenity. When you are ready to party, there are nightly shows and special events on Sunday and Thursday nights. Some rooms are newer than others but the resort is constantly upgrading. I spent a few days during my 15 day stay, at another resort about 4 hours southeast of Puerto Plata. As beautiful as this other hotel was, it was also too quiet for me. I was happy to return to "Life" styles Tropical.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Michelle,
It was, as always, a pleasure to have you here with us and we are happy that you again had a wonderful vacation at our resort.
We are also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.
On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon back at your home away from home, The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata.
Sunny regards from