I just returned from my vacation from Puerto Plata. Let me tell you that this was my 3rd time staying at this resort. I have traveled there as a RCI member and also through Cheaptickets. There is a little difference in the treatment you receive with the color bracelet you have on but don’t let that bring you down. It wasn’t a huge difference.
The rooms are very similar to any hotel you stay in. I traveled with 2 of my friends so we had 2 queen beds, a bathroom with a shower, fully stocked refrigerator with Pepsi, 7up, water, and beer, and a balcony with a great view. We drank the bottled water everyday and they replenished the water everyday when they cleaned the room. We also kept some of the bottles to refill them with the water bubblers around the rooms. Our first night, there was only 2 towels in the room so when I called and asked for another towel they came within 20 mins with another towel. Later during the week they kept bringing us 2 extra towels. I think someone was calling them and they got the wrong room number. So make sure you have given them the correct number before you get off the phone with them.
The food is good and I am a picky eater. I found something every day in Casa la Blanca. My friends and I have only been to the Italian restaurant. We love it there. The staff is amazing there!
The VIP people are usually around casa blanca and try to get you to come to see what they have to offer. If you let them know you are not interested eventually they stop asking you. By the 3rd day they stopped asking. It’s a pain to always turn them down but its their job to try to get you to go with them.
The animation team is terrific all of them Ariel (WillyWonka), Ismael (Sexy), Manny, Pink Panther, and Jorge. I wouldn't ask for a better group of guys. They work long hours every day from working by the pool and the at the nightly shows. My friends and I loved doing the dance lessons by the pool.
During the day, they let the guests know what’s going on at night. There is always a nightly show. If you do not know where it is just ask them. The shows either take place in the Colloseum or by the pool. If by chance it’s raining they move the show in the disco.
My two favorite shows are Cascade (by the pool) and Africa (at the Colloseum). The dancers(Darinel, Daniel, Roberto, Pluma, Silvio, Sherana, Denise, and the other girls oh I forget their names) are great! You can tell that they love to dance.
The disco is open to all guests even though its in the VIP area. The only thing is that you have to pay for drinks here. I think more people would go to the disco if they didn’t charge for the drinks. Have one area of the bar for purchasing drinks that they do have brand named alcohol that we all know and the other side bar with the generic brand alcohol for everyone else just like they serve throughout the resort. I think if they did this more people would show up right after the nightly shows. Instead the disco gets busy later in the night usually when the pool bar is closed.
We love it there so much that we have already booked our next trip down there.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata