“Perfect relaxing escape”

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Raleigh, NC
“Perfect relaxing escape”
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This is a lovely resort, good for both couples and families. The dining options are good, with both buffet and a la carte ... choices. Rooms are clean and spacious. Some problems locking balcony door - due to it being poorly fixed numerous times! Pools are good size with volleyball, basketball and a swim-up bar. Beach is good, swim or take a stroll. Resort is close to Ocean World (you can walk there along the beach or take a free shuttle) - it's a smaller version of Sea World (Orbitz package comes with free passes). The staff are friendly and there is entertainment offered each night (movies, shows, dancing, or competitions). There is also a nightclub on the complex. Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
CARDIFF
Reviewed 14 August 2009

What a holiday. Fourteen of us went (8Adults & 6 Children) and we all had a fab time. The Hotel was lovely, clean and well maintained and the variety of food was good. The staff around the pool was always involving everybody to play games. The entertainment in the night was good and the staff did not stop working from morning to night. The Hotel rooms were spacious with 1 kingsize bed and 1 double bed and it was only my partner, me and my son. We had a mini fridge which was very handy and the balcony was nice with great views. The cleaner came everyday to tidy up rooms with fresh towels, but sometimes she would'nt come till after 4.00pm which was too late as we were back in the room getting ready for the night. We have been to the Dominican before but this was much better. I read the reviews before i went and i dont know how anyone could not have had a good time. We only had one problem, which was the cramp in the stomach and going to the toilet a lot. We worked it out and it must have been the booze because all six children were fine. Stay away from the cocktails we think they were the cause.The weather was FAB! Definatley go again and we wish we was still there.

• Stayed July 2009
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We enjoyed our recent trip to the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort.
The restaurants were excellent. Buffett was very good. Service was excellent.
Weather was 88 high-77 low with no rain, but high humidity. The breeze from the Caribbean helped.
The room was Superior and had a view of the activities and the Caribbean.
Swimming pools were very clean and well maintained.
The service people make this a vacation worth trying. They were very friendly and cooperative.
I don't understand why this resort isn't rated higher. It is in our book *****
We are frequent travelers on cruise ships and we enjoyed this experience as much as a cruise.

Bill and Letty Fowell
Mesa, Arizona

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I just returned from my vacation from Puerto Plata. Let me tell you that this was my 3rd time staying at this resort. I have traveled there as a RCI member and also through Cheaptickets. There is a little difference in the treatment you receive with the color bracelet you have on but don’t let that bring you down. It wasn’t a huge difference.

The rooms are very similar to any hotel you stay in. I traveled with 2 of my friends so we had 2 queen beds, a bathroom with a shower, fully stocked refrigerator with Pepsi, 7up, water, and beer, and a balcony with a great view. We drank the bottled water everyday and they replenished the water everyday when they cleaned the room. We also kept some of the bottles to refill them with the water bubblers around the rooms. Our first night, there was only 2 towels in the room so when I called and asked for another towel they came within 20 mins with another towel. Later during the week they kept bringing us 2 extra towels. I think someone was calling them and they got the wrong room number. So make sure you have given them the correct number before you get off the phone with them.

The food is good and I am a picky eater. I found something every day in Casa la Blanca. My friends and I have only been to the Italian restaurant. We love it there. The staff is amazing there!

The VIP people are usually around casa blanca and try to get you to come to see what they have to offer. If you let them know you are not interested eventually they stop asking you. By the 3rd day they stopped asking. It’s a pain to always turn them down but its their job to try to get you to go with them.

The animation team is terrific all of them Ariel (WillyWonka), Ismael (Sexy), Manny, Pink Panther, and Jorge. I wouldn't ask for a better group of guys. They work long hours every day from working by the pool and the at the nightly shows. My friends and I loved doing the dance lessons by the pool.

During the day, they let the guests know what’s going on at night. There is always a nightly show. If you do not know where it is just ask them. The shows either take place in the Colloseum or by the pool. If by chance it’s raining they move the show in the disco.

My two favorite shows are Cascade (by the pool) and Africa (at the Colloseum). The dancers(Darinel, Daniel, Roberto, Pluma, Silvio, Sherana, Denise, and the other girls oh I forget their names) are great! You can tell that they love to dance.

The disco is open to all guests even though its in the VIP area. The only thing is that you have to pay for drinks here. I think more people would go to the disco if they didn’t charge for the drinks. Have one area of the bar for purchasing drinks that they do have brand named alcohol that we all know and the other side bar with the generic brand alcohol for everyone else just like they serve throughout the resort. I think if they did this more people would show up right after the nightly shows. Instead the disco gets busy later in the night usually when the pool bar is closed.

We love it there so much that we have already booked our next trip down there.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank dncer610
South Brunswick, NJ
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I went to Lifestyles Hacienda Resort and Spa in Puerto Plata w/my mother, sister, brother and our children as VIP members (metallic blue bracelet). When we checked in, we were told that our Suites were not available and would have to go to another room (single room w/2 King size beds and one bath). But for 4 people this wasn't too bad. We had to call maintenance for the water drip from the ceiling, but they were quick to respond. On our first night we enjoyed a poolside dinner and show (with dancing and fire). Prior to the show I was grabbed by one of the staff (named "LaPluma"-he was so fun!!) and we danced until he was ready to go on stage. Since we were VIP members, we had access to the Private Beach and Private Lounge. Both of these areas had a beautiful ambience w/beach beds; excellent treatment from their genuinely friendly staff. These areas are great for couples, the kids enjoyed it too, however, they preferred the "hustle and bustle" of the other pool located on the other side of the resort. This is where the action was, thanks to Ismael ("El Sexy"), Willie (the M.C.) and his wonderful staff. They kept the great music going, along w/dancing and activities (for both children and adults). They were very interactive, professional and fun-I was amazed they still had the energy to perform nightly at "El Coliseo". Both me and my children enjoyed all of their shows-great dance routines and interactive comedic skits. We also went to Oceanworld to see the "Bravisimo" show (Las Vegas style). It was extravagant. Prior to the show, we enjoyed a concert outside while drinking. The band was great and also interactive with the crowd. The excursion via speedboat to "Paradise Island" was fantastic, the views were phenomenal and my children enjoyed the snorkeling. My only suggestion is to confirm w/customer service what is included in your package. We were told by word of mouth that the entrance to Oceanworld was included (for VIP members) and then we heard a different story afterwards/given the "run around"...I loved this vacation, my son was heartbroken when we had to leave...But I will definitely return next year!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We went for a two week all inclusive stay at the Lifestyle Hacienda spa resort, from the moment we arrived we were greeted with a drink, the staff were very friendly and wanted to help you. Our accomodation was pleasant and clean, we had a balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean, complete with chairs and a little table. There was a lot of choice in the various eating places, catering for all tastes. The A`la Carte restaurants required booking the day before but were also excellent. We swam with the dolphins which was just AMAZING, something which is a must if you ever get the chance. We also had a hug and a kiss with the Sealions equally AMAZING. The Dominican people were the most friendliest people i have ever met. The only downside is that the evening entertainment finished at about 10.30 pm, but you could go to the Disco in the V.I.P area, not much good if you have children. The weather was magic, we had a couple of days of thunder, rain and lightening, but this only added to the experience as it ends as soon as it starts, but the rain falls like curtains.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2009

My husband recently enrolled our family with Travel Advantage Network to take advantage of great travel deals and discount vacations. Our first experience with TAN was excellent. We stayed at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa in the Dominican Republic's beautiful city, Puerto Plata, which is now my new favorite vacation destination! The resort was gorgeous and had plenty of activities for our kids to take part in. Not to mention, the views of Puerto Plata are amazing! TAN made the trip planning process very easy - and more importantly - very cheap! My family and I had a great time and are telling all of our friends about the benefits of becoming part of Travel Advantage Network. This is a company that truly delivers what they promise, a quality hard to come by these days.