Just returned on Sunday, some good points some not so good. Resort is very clean, staff is friendly and efficient. Food was okay, you get tired of the same menu every day, for breakfast and lunch. Dinner's were a different assortment each night, but seemed like they just added other ingrediants to the stuff they had the night before! Don't get me wrong, if you can't find something to eat, you are a very picky eater! But after 7 days we looking forward to different food. We did take the advise of others and tried the restaurant down the beach--it was good for a change of pace. The two restaurants we booked at Bellini and Blue Lagoon were good meals...great ambiance and great staff. The new Years gala was awesome, great food!! great drinks, music and fireworks....fun night!
Rooms were fine, nothing special, beds were on the hard side...and make sure you pay for the key to the safe. Someone stole my light track jacket from my room--their reply was "that's too bad", no attempts made to locate it. Ordered a taxi for the trip back to the airport, they did not show, finally managed to convince another driver to get us there--we were already 45 minutes behind schedule only had 20 minutes before we boarded! Paid $50 for the booked taxi and then had to pay another $50 for the one that actually got us there. Watch what you have for carry on luggage....security will confiscate anything they don't like or want you to have, or want for themselves....and then pretend they don't understand english! Puerta Plata city tour was fabulous! Walk to Ocean World, some great shows but not far enough away for a taxi, just head up the beach! Lots of loungers to go around,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata