I had read all the reviews on here before I left and for the most part, the negatives are true. For the price it was a good vacation. . .but looking past that, I would not go back. The food was ok. No one from our group got sick but the buffett is very redundant. We ate at a few of the reservation spots but not all the restaurants are open everyday and you have to make reservations a day in advance. The only eat times are 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30. The seafood restaurant was the best.
The rooms are very small but clean. The bed is horrible! It was like sleeping on a box spring. The housekeeping services were lacking. We had to beg daily to get fresh towels and have the room cleaned. There must be a shortage of towels at the resort because after the initial day, we never got any hand towels or washclothes. They also limit you to one beach towel a day so hang on to it and make sure they mark you as bringing it back or you won't get one the next day.
The music by the pool is very loud and any activities they have there at night will keep you up past midnight if your room is near there. I would recommend staying in building 4 or 5 to avoid the noise factor. Don't pay extra for the ocean view because most rooms have this.
There isn't much to do inside or outside of the resort and it rained for over half of our trip. We booked through cheapcarribean and did not receive half of the things promised. They stopped giving the promised tickets to the Thursday night Ocean World party several months ago but it is still listed on their website (and when we booked our trip). The staff there isn't very helpful and the cheapcarribean representative (Alfred) tells you you must call the main company to complain because he can do nothing about it.
For the price, it was ok but I would not return. I think they realize this is the case with the majority of people so they don't go out of their way to get your return business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata