First of all, I have read so many of these reviews and I think it really just depends on the person. I was so stressed out before going after reading these and I just have to say that some people can't let things go and expect perfection. If you are expecting perfection you will never be happy. This place rocks!
This was a trip taken with my entire family. My mom and dad are in their fifties and my brother and sister and I and our guests are in their mid twenties. We had planned this trip for 2 years, so needless to say we had high expectations. We booked this trip through an owner and we were staying in a 4 bedroom villa. I will say not to look at the pics of the villas you see online and expect to get one of them, because unless you are an owner you won't! When we first arrived we were told that we were going to be put in two 2 bedroom villas with two pools that overlooked the ocean. We were a little hesitant because we wanted to stay together but they assured us that these two villas were connected and it would be like we were all living together. We checked in quickly and were given yummy drinks and taken to our villas. These villas were TERRIBLE!! We would NEVER have stayed in anything this run down. We were 4 couples and there was 1 bedroom in one of the villas and 2 bedrooms in the other with 1 twin bed in each closet of the bedrooms. We flipped out and made a huge stink and they said they would see what they could do. My dad took the lady outside and had words with her and we were moved to a BEAUTIFUL (but still older) 4 bedroom villa. We had a wonderful pool and everything was great for the rest of the week. The only problem with our villa was that there was only AC in the bedrooms. The doors all opened wide so it wasn't too hot, but just know there is no AC in the living quarters.
The only other thing that wasn't top notch was the food and drink. They were good, but not excellent. The VIP Gourmet was fantastic, but other than that, it is typical food.
Now onto the good stuff! Everything else about this place is amazing!! We had blue VIP bracelets and were able to go to all but one of the restaurants. I didn't feel that we were treated any different than those with gold or silver bands. The entertainment and the staff are wonderful. Go to the welcome party on Sunday night and the BBQ on Tuesday! The show at Oceanworld is REALLY good, but get there early if you want a good seat. The drinks at Oceanworld were free and they were really good! Go to Oceanworld during the day to see the animals. You get to be really close to them. They were so cute!
The woman who works in the sports bar is so nice and will do anything for you. If you see a salesperson just say no and they will leave you alone. The VIP beach was the most amazing place I have ever been. The beds are so comfortable and we had no problem at all getting 4 of them so we could all be near each other.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a wonderful vacation at a decent price. This was paradise and we are already planning our next family trip here! Please don't believe all the bad comments about this place. It is what you make of it and if you are an easy going person who wants to relax and have fun with family or friends you will love this place.
1. Make your reservations for the restaurants the day you get there.
2. Leave tips for those who give you good service. They will be good to you if you are good to them and a dollar or two a day goes a long way. (If you have villa, the pool boy and the maid make basically nothing so they really appreciate the tips)
3. Bring bug spray with you just in case (especially for excursions)
4. Do the Paradise Island Excursion and pay the extra for the Yacht.
5. DO NOT drink any of the water unless it's in a bottle.
6. JUST HAVE FUN AND DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata