My husband and I were looking for a quick 5 day relaxing getaway so we booked thru Cheap Carribean. The airport transport was seamless as was check in. After that it went down hill.
Our room was musty and outdated. The TV, Iron and coffee maker did not work. The front desk did manage to get our TV working, but did not replace or fix the others. The mini bar (including water) was not refilled. I had to ask the front desk for water and shampoo which were not replenished.
Food - where to begin. The buffet was disgusting for all meals. You had to stand in line for dinner reservations starting at 8:30am in order to even have a chance at one of their restaurants - which were mediocre at best. Even if you got into one of their restaurants you had to wait in this line each day for dinner reservations for the following evening.
Beach - the beach was the most redeeming quality. Nice staff, nice beach - very clean. There are beautiful beds on the bead (as shown in the resorts photos). In order to get a chance at one of these beds, you had to wait in line starting at 7am for well over an hour. Once the gate to the beds is unlocked, it's chaos with people running to secure their bed for the day. Many then put their stuff on a bed and left to go have breakfast, only to come back several hours later. So many beds didn't get used until mid day. The entire system was ridiculous. The bed line was stressful and dangerous with elderly people practically being pushed aside during the stampede. The food at the VIP beach was decent and the staff was really great at the beach.
The "sharks" circling with clipboards every morning to get you to go to their timeshare meeting were a bit much, but expected. There was a hierarchy of classes of guests which made the lines and disorder more apparent with every day. Run very poorly and in need of new management as well as a new head chef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata