Immediately upon arrival, all arriving guests are herded into a bus and taken to the resort. By the way, you are taken thru the worst part of town, I guess to scare you into taking only their tours. Once you arrive you must stand in line to register, your room has already been assigned and request are not honored. You are required to attend a meeting the next morning at 9:30 am in which they warn you against going outside the resort without taking their tours for a fee. Then without telling you what they are up to, you are taken to another building where they begin a hard sell into a vacation club. They try to tell you that you are obliged to listen even when you know you aren't. This waste about 2 hours of precious vacation time.
Yes they have four restaurants and the buffet service area. To get a table in one of the restaurants you must stand in line about 2 hours in the middle of the day and still will not get a table. We didn't. You must then eat at the open air buffet line. The food is poorly prepared, not cooked through, and covered with flies. Several people got food poisoning while we were there.
They have a special beach with beach beds available but the spaces are so limited you must be in line by 6:30 am to reserve one. Not the ideal way to spend your vacation.
Being experienced travelers, my husband and I hired a private taxi and guide for about the same the hotel tours would cost and the guide took us to many wonderful places at our pace and to many authenic and safe restaurants. We were so impressed with the guide and driver we hired them the next three days. With an experienced guide and driver you can experience the Dominican Republic. At the resort there is nothing but bad food, cut rate drinks and a so so beach. DON'T STAY HERE, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach
- The Tropical At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata