“Great Stay Here!”
Review of Aparta-Hotel Lomar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Plata
Aparta-Hotel Lomar
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at Hotel Lomar for six days in September 2013. My second floor room had a great view of the ocean and the beach is across the road from the hotel. The hotel is on the Malecon(a long,brick, wide walkway) also, so long fitness runs are also across the road. The restaurant here is open long hours and has decent food and great coffee and serves beer and drinks, but just to you right, 100 meters away is a truly first rate eatery. La Sirena, the Dominican Walmart, is a .75 kilometer walk to your left. The room is very clean and this hotel has an excellent cleaning staff. The shower had all the hot water you could ask for, (not always the case in the RD). Cable TV worked fine, although I am not on vacay to watch TV, no safe however. Staff is fluent in Spanish and French but English not so much. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with ocean view, I think I stayed in room 32.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank draino3

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My first time in Hotel Lomar in July 2013 for a 10-day stay and all I can say I love it there! The staff was so accommodating and the rental apartment was clean and a home away from home. Breakfast downstairs was great and I believe they should advertise their place a bit more. The area was convenient for shopping, eating and the beach was right across the street ahhhhh cannot asked for more! Me and my friends felt safe and really love the place. I would recommend it to anyone, from a very happy customer :)

Room Tip: Someone mentioned about second and third floor apartments/rooms ... so we were in a second floor apa...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Torres2406
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed there twice now. I usually stay at one of the expensive resorts when I am traveling with friends. But, I decided to travel alone, and found this place online. I asked my Dominican friends to check on it, and they told me if was good.

I am a single female, so safety was an issue for me. I felt very safe, there was always someone around at night, and they would never allow anyone to go to my room. they would call me to come get the person. If I was outside at night the watchman would keep me company. The staff was friendly, but they did not change the linens, they just make up the beds. You have to ask them to do it. I would compare it to a motel in the states. The rooms are large, and I always got a room with an ocean view. I did eat breakfast there everyday, It was simple and good. I would sometimes eat lunch and dinner, which they went to a nearby restaurant to pick up. The food was good. If you want to stay in the city and be around the people, this is the best place to go. I was able to see all my Dominican friends, the resorts are gated and you have to leave to experience the culture and people.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger rooms with two beds, or the presidential suite, which has a livingroom with kitch...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank cammie33
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Great place to stay. I have stayed their for 1 weeks vacation 5 times. I would ask them for the rooms facing the ocean (right across the street) ask for 2nd or 3rd floor for the best views. These rooms have 2 balconies, 1 facing the ocean the other facing the owners house and parking lot. Has 2 queen size beds, t.v., small sofa dresser and closet. Their is a beach directly across the street and the owner now has opened his private swimming pool for customers, little cafe, I only used it for coffee and beer never ate their. Bargin the price with them, I paid them full 1 week up front which dropped the price alot. from $65 a night to $30.00. and that is with ocean view WOW. Staff was great except for 1 maid who demanded a tip from me, and she was not even the maid who did up my room, but she seen me give my maid a tip and tryed to pretend that she does my room to. I laughed and walk away from her. Walking distance to everything including downtown which is about 15 minute walk. Check out the resturant Terraza Las Almendras 1 block away, i ate all my meals their. Food is great. Denise and Carlos are the owners. Very nice couple.Denise speaks english, french and spanish .

Room Tip: Rooms facing directly to the Malecon (ocean blvd) and ocean 2nd or 3rd floor wake up to the ocean an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank mike p
Reviewed 3 December 2008

stayed at lomar for 10 days, first room i was shown was suitable but the next one was perfect, excellent size more than enough storage very clean, couldn't ask for more, basic room with 2 comfortable beds, tv not that i watched much fridge to keep those all important drinks cool, hot water and air-con, maid came in everyday about 9.30, but would come back later if you were still in the room, beach front location, pool was well kept, friendly staff that made me feel very welcome and invited me out with them, was only a 10 min walk from my sisters house, good selection of local bars and eateries within walking distance or a short and cheap motoconcho away, on the boulevard if you fancy an early morning or evening walk,
yes there was power cuts but none of them lasted longer than minutes, unlike my sisters house its was hours, only thing i would like to see is more food, only did a breakfast had they of done an evening menu i would definately have indulged. night porter security guy was lovely if you wanted any drinks he would charge it to your room and can be paid at reception in the morning, would definately go back to lomar in the future and

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank maxine100
Reviewed 24 September 2008

This is a good place to stay if you want to experiance the real Dominican away from the hotel amd resorts.

Nice big beds, rooms cleaned daily, pool v nice and warm. Its great being across the road from the beach.

On the down side there was no cutlery, plates or cups. Only pans were provided in the apartment. We also had to turn ther gas tank on, or get it turned on every time we wanted to cook.

In general, its a good place to stay and good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank SANTANA56
A TripAdvisor Member
florida
Reviewed 2 January 2006

It is not a bad place to stay when every thing is going well with the Hotel.Last time I was there, their generator was broken and the electicity was going off every day in the city so they told me they would have it fixed in a day or two. Days later they had a rental generator out side on the sidewalk with cables running from it but that was just for looks aparently. The generator was down for about the first 12 days of my stay there. I stayed there about 17 days. I suffered a lot that trip. They were never able to use the generator that was rented or borrowed. But it looked impressive? I have stayed in Hotel Lomar a lot of times in the past. The problem I have with them is that you get a different answer from everyone that works there about what is the reason something is not working properly. Now the employees are very good with the guest.

• Stayed: March 2005