“The worst service ever”

The Residence Suites at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The place is a very beautiful resort but the food and service was the worst ever. You would not get the service you paid for whatsoever. Please keep in mind that your room towels you will not get at at all during the day. Your room will not be cleaned until later on in the evening. If you pay for vip services you will not get into every dining you would like so forget it because at all times everything is booked. They only save dining tables for people that are in the villas or your a member. So I give this resort a 1 1/2 star as a rating I can get better services at Super 8 motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank jlok600

Reviewed 25 January 2011

The trip was so much fun I wouldn't think twice about going back. I actually went in spring of 2009 with my mother. I loved meeting all of the friendly people from all over the world. The staff was so nice and not only did they help you when needed but they were also willing to just hang out and play volleyball. The amenities were also GREAT. i played tennis, went kayaking, visited the casino, played volleyball, and many more things all for free. The locals were so nice to tour me around and show us everything. The water was BEAUTIFUL. I stayed in a one bedroom and it was nice but nothing super fancy. The floor was tile which was nice because the beach was steps away. I also made some friends in the villas and they were so nice. You can order whatever you want at any time and they'll bring you an entire bottle of rum .. for free! The all inclusive drinks were definitely handy! I don't know what everyone else is talking about the food. It was delicious and there were so many options. At first my stomach had to get used to it but other than that i couldn't complain.

• Stayed: February 2010
3  Thank esther2404
Reviewed 2 September 2009

My husband and I went there for our honeymoon/one year anniversary. We had read alot of the reviews on the hotel before we went. We decided to go with an open mind for ourselves. We had so much fun. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was a perfect size for the two of us. We had a rather large bed and it was comfortable. One time we had to call the office about not having hot water in the shower. They came up to fix it within 10 minutes. We did not have a problem with it after that. We did not eat in our kitchen because we ate at the restraunts all the time. The food was the least favorite thing for me. Some of the buffets were the same food but there were multiple restraunts to choose from to eat at. You have to go with an open mind because the food is not the same as what we are use to from our home countries. The staff was so friendly and took pride in how they looked. They always greated you with a smile. We met people from all over the world. The beach was very clean and pretty.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank km1205
Reviewed 11 June 2008

Were weren't presented with the ammenities we were entitled to until we complained repeatedly. We stayed at one of the villa's which was lovely however the pool was dirty. (they did show up every morning to drag leaves the out.) You can actually see the discoloration around the sides. Quite disgusting. Also there were cockeroaches and tons of ants in the kitchen. When we complained they proceeded to tell us how to kill the roaches..
HELLO!!!!!
I love the D.R. but will not be going back to this place any time too soon..

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank catinthehatNewYork
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Reviewer "Peterborough England"

We have just returned from a fortnight stay in the Hacienda Suites, what a holiday from hell. They put us on the third floor which my elderly parents could not manage, we were moved but the accommidation was basic to say the least, no wardrobes in one of the bedrooms, had to ask for a chest of draws to put our clothes in, The bases of both beds and settee were made of concreat with a thin matteress for the bed and thin pads for the settee, and very basic bedding. Non exsisting tea making facilities, asked for kettle and was given something from the 1920s, after two houres on the electric hob the water in the kettle was still cold. After many requests for help (which was not forthcomming) we gave that up as a bad job. initially plagued by VIP reps promising the earth, but once they realised my mother was connected to timeshare they treated us like lepers. FOOD, ha ha what a joke forget about weight watchers, spend two weeks at the Haciender Suites, we did not eat an evening meal on the site. Steer clear of people on the beach selling excursions (what a rip off) Ten years ago we had a fantastic holiday in the Dominican Republic ( Jack Tar Village Playa Dorado) I'm affraid the Hacienda Suites in comparision scores a generious 1 out of 10.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank nasusPeterborough
Reviewed 2 July 2007

We had a great time! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite overlooking one of the many pools. The beach was a short picturesque walk through the resort. The food was OK, not a great bargain for the money. But the Europeans we met all felt it was a bargain for three meals plus snacks and drinks per day. (we americans are always looking for more, I guess) The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We will be going back again and again. We liked it so much, we purchased a 15 week package.
On the down side:The electricity went out for a few minutes on a couple of days but came right back on and I did see some bugs, on two occasions, which was not very appetizing. But otherwise, the resort was clean, very comfortable and beautiful.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank cdenis
Reviewed 3 April 2007

The resort was very nice , the people very friendly and the varity of the buffet was above avarage. Making reservations for the restaurants was very difficult . We were able to book 2 restaurants in our one weeks stay. the wait staff was pretty much attentive considering the tipping is included and from my observation not too many people were tipping extra. I read many negative reviews previous to my trip there, so I was prepared for the worst. It was not so bad, there was plenty of shows and games, the light show by the pool was the best! I will certainly go back. Our package included a trip to ocean world which was well worth it.

Stayed: March 2007
Be Live Collection Marien
Be Live Collection Marien
#9 of 40 in Puerto Plata
Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Been to The Residence Suites at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!