My girlfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights for a destination wedding and it was an amazing experience overall:
- great quality of rooms and service for a very decent price
- very friendly and helpful staff
- beautiful location at the beach - no words to describe this, just look at some pictures of other reviews
- large pool with a pool bar and other great facilities such as a soccer pitch, 2 tennis fields, golf course (part of other hotel), beach volleyball, beach soccer goals, and the possibility to lend soccer balls, beach volleyballs, tennis materials, etc. (i.e. for free!)
- superb breakfast consisting of a buffet and made-to-order dishes
- delicious lunch and dinner options on the beach, at the pool or at the restaurant, also for great prices (only downside here is that they were not prepared for a huge amount of people at the beginning, but this got a lot better after a couple of days)
- great drinks (especially the passion fruit mojito)
- less then 10 minutes away from downtown Puerto Plata and close to a lot of other attractions (27 waterfalls of Damajagua are a must-do - they recently built a walking path leading to the top of the waterfalls, which makes it very safe now to get up there, and going down is just one of the greatest things ever)
In short, we could not have expected anything better. We hope a lot of friends will get married here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue JackTar Hotel, located just 15 minutes from the International Airport Gregorio Luperon, and 3 miles from the touristic town of Puerto Plata. This gorgeous property designed as a family orientated multi-product property. Located in the recognized Playa Dorada complex, with a wonderful view of the Isabel de Torres Mountain, the Blue JackTar Hotel, has 78 extensively renovated beautiful rooms. The hotel is also located around the world-recognized Robert Trent Jones Sr. 18 Holes Playa Dorada golf course. The Blue JackTar Hotel, offers our customers high standards of accommodation, a la carte breakfast, personalized service by our Club Concierges, and the option for lunch and dinner at the Green Jack Restaurant, where you can enjoy exquisite Dominican fusion cuisine, and also international flavors plus Jack´s Kite & Grill. After dinner, enjoy the ambiance of Green Jack, especially in our Saturday live music presentations. Blue JackTar Hotel, is the perfect place to spend time with your family, met new friends or share a romantic vacation. Come, enjoy and experience the well known hospitality of this Caribbean product! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue JackTar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue JackTar Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata